[Discussion] BT software update 28.26.0

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,286Member ✭✭✭
    edited 11 July 2017
    Others are waiting for others, so its best not to make assumptions.
  • StompaStompa Posts: 26Member
    edited 12 July 2017
    Deke W said:

No update available on my bt dtr-t2100

That doesn't work for me, it just says something like there's no update available. Mind you, the problem this update fixes is pretty much at the bottom of my list of concerns, so I'm not much bothered whether it's fixed or not.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    edited 12 July 2017
    Deke W said:

It only works if the update has already been made available to you, and would have updated anyway the next AM, if you had waited.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭
    edited 12 July 2017
    Deke W said:

100% agree with you but if you think back as soon as bt announced they where beginning to roll out next gen I was that keen to get it I pressed the update button for two hours straight and thankfully I got it around 11pm and posted a thread about how happy I was. So you can see sometimes me been keen gets the better of me. This was long before my second youview box got added to the setup.
    edited 12 July 2017
    Deke W said:

I always wondered what put the 'mad' in 'mad keen' :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
    edited 12 July 2017
    Deke W said:

Lol
  • John C1John C1 Posts: 5Member
    edited 12 July 2017
    Sarah2 said:

Morning all, 

This is a phased roll-out to the T2100, T2110, T2200 & T4000 so although the update may not be with your box right away, it should be there soon :) 

Thanks for the update Sarah, that expains it. Will keep my eye out on the version numbers over the coming weeks...
  • AARON SnowmanAARON Snowman Posts: 1Member
    edited 14 July 2017

I appreciate the logic improvements. But - for pity's sake - the whole thing is still swamped by dirty blue smog, whenever playback is started, paused, fast forwarded whatever. Even using Guide it is impossible to follow the current program behind all that blue fog. Who in heaven's name came up with that? When, oh when are we going to be shot of it?.

I completely agree.    What was so wrong with the box showing the current program that some moron thought would be improved by having a blue shroud over the entire picture.   It's almost like someone wants people to go with another box.

I've also been experiencing problems that are fixed, but only by unplugging the box and restarting.   Firstly the screen would go blank for a second or two which got really irritating.   Fixed that with a complete power down but then got a problem where the remote wouldn't work at all which again needed a power down.   

So the 'upgraded' version is not only visually rubbish, but the software seems to be full of holes as well.   I've been looking at prices of alternatives on Amazon and BT can have this turd of box back.
    edited 14 July 2017

I appreciate the logic improvements. But - for pity's sake - the whole thing is still swamped by dirty blue smog, whenever playback is started, paused, fast forwarded whatever. Even using Guide it is impossible to follow the current program behind all that blue fog. Who in heaven's name came up with that? When, oh when are we going to be shot of it?.

Do a soft reset, as per the last pinned posting above.

If that does bot sort it, do the Maintenance Mode Option 4, as also referenced there,
  • GrundersGrunders Posts: 122Member
    edited 17 July 2017

As originally reported here

"stephen", youview techie, suggested it was fixed.  So I am here reporting it again to show that it isnt.
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 306Member
    edited 14 July 2017
    Grunders said:

"stephen", youview techie, suggested it was fixed.  So I am here reporting it again to show that it isnt.

Grunders, Stephen was talking about a fix in a later release than 28.26.0.

This is because 28.26.0 first started rolling out on 6th June.  Stephen said that the fix was currently internal only.  This means that it is not in any software that has been put on general release so far nor in any version that is currently being rolled out.
  • stokesd3stokesd3 Posts: 128Member
    edited 15 July 2017
    Grunders said:

I only see this behaviour when deleting an episode and then pressing back to the main screen. Refreshing the screen corrects the problem so never been a biggy for me. Assume this is the same scenario?
  • Philip BaldryPhilip Baldry Posts: 3Member
    edited 24 September 2017
    So when are the DTR- T1000 / 80B08500 boxes getting it as a lot of people are still using this model box. Or is support being withdrawn for this box ?
    edited 17 July 2017

So when are the DTR- T1000 / 80B08500 boxes getting it as a lot of people are still using this model box. Or is support being withdrawn for this box ?

YouView and BT will not be drawn on dates.

But the Retail T1000s are on 28.26.0, so there seems to be no technical reason why the BT and BT Retail T1000s should not get it.

I imagine the BT servers are hard at it pushing out 28.26.0 to the 2100/2200/4000 boxes, and the T1000s will be entered into the Russian Roulette update lottery when that process has finished.

YouView's proud boast was 'no box left behind', and while the DN372T has rather dented that, the T1000s, those that survive the updates that is, are still coming along for the ride.
  • Keith GreeneKeith Greene Posts: 3Member
    edited 28 July 2017
    Apart from all the adverse comments mentioned on this discussion, I can no longer record series programmes, albeit that I can select series when the requester pops up. Hopefully the next upgrade will bring back many aspects of why we liked the previous version.
  • Steve16Steve16 Posts: 1Member
    edited 19 July 2017
    I was just at the end of my Contract with BT when the You View Box updated, They would not change to the old box or software again for me so i changed isp to Talk Talk, but that new box just updated to the same software as BT YouView, Fortunately im only a couple of day into my Contract, Not passed the 14 days yet so i can cancel the TV until You View get the software back to how it was, i do not need TV so much that i will settle for software as appalling as this, so i will just cancel it. 
  • Yasha NokeYasha Noke Posts: 306Member
    edited 19 July 2017

Do you mean DN371T not DN372T, or is that some DN372Ts in addition to DN371T?
    edited 19 July 2017
    Steve16 said:

I was just at the end of my Contract with BT when the You View Box updated, They would not change to the old box or software again for me so i changed isp to Talk Talk, but that new box just updated to the same software as BT YouView, Fortunately im only a couple of day into my Contract, Not passed the 14 days yet so i can cancel the TV until You View get the software back to how it was, i do not need TV so much that i will settle for software as appalling as this, so i will just cancel it. 

Hi Steve

So, out of the frying pan into the fire here? :-(

But there is perhaps a gap in customer perceptions indicated by your experience, which YouView might possibly want to close.

So I'm interested in your thought processes during the shift, and why you didn't realise that TalkTalk YouView would go the same way as BT YouView?

Did you think the shift to NextGen was purely a BT thing?

Did the BT TV branding weigh so heavily that the YouView aspect hardly came into it?

Did you perhaps think that the YouView box was a bit like a laptop, with the 'OS' being provided by BT or TalkTalk, so your experience would maybe be different with TalkTalk?

Or what?

Your responses will potentially be very helpful in showing YouView how they can better position their offering, and save anyone else from repeating your unfortunate experience here.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 421Administrator admin
    edited 19 July 2017

Apart from all the adverse comments mentioned on this discussion, I can no longer record series programmes, albeit that I can select series when the requester pops up. Hopefully the next upgrade will bring back many aspects of why we liked the previous version.

Hi Keith,

Does this happen with all programmes you try to record? Can you let me know which programmes and the channels they're on where this happened with so we can have a look into this for you? 

Please also let me know your box model.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 19 July 2017

Sorry, my mistake, I meant the DN371T :-(

For CurrentGen holdouts, I see one has just popped up on eBay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-DN37...~

Buy it now, as well.

But don't all rush at once, or he will realise he should have auctioned it, like this one:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huawei-DN37...

Hammersnipe is your friend here....
    edited 19 July 2017

Or a soft reset, or one of the more drastic ones, as described in the bottom Pinned posting, may clear the issue.
    edited 19 July 2017

There is one up for auction as well this one is used starting price £14.99 and £10 p&p. I personally would not give a quid for it but if you are determined to avoid next generation software these boxes don't come up often. So nows your chance.
    edited 19 July 2017

Gosh Daniel, how did you find that?

It wouldn't by any chance have been by following the second link in my posting, would it? :-)
    edited 19 July 2017

I honestly didn't read the entire post and I clicked the buy it now link. I then did a search and found it. Maybe I should read the entire posts in future instead of skim reading some of the posts. I do read more of yours then others in there entirety but unfortunately not this one. Mistakes happen. Sorry about that.
    edited 20 July 2017

Never mind :-)
    edited 20 July 2017

Cheers
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,278Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 July 2017

Two days in and no bids, who would have thought it?
    edited 20 July 2017

I'm shocked actually because of the amount of people who have been past and present talking about how they want youview classic back I would have thought it would have had lots of bids. I guess most have either swapped box or got used to next generation.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,278Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 July 2017

Or as Roy suggested they are all going to snipe at the last minute. :)
    edited 20 July 2017

Certainly a possibility.