[Discussion] TalkTalk Software Update 72.44.147/ 70.44.148/ 60.44.147

SarahSarah Posts: 421Administrator admin
edited 2 October 2017 in Announcements
Hi all, 

Please feel free to feedback on the latest TalkTalk Software Update 72.44.147/ 70.44.148/ 60.44.147 in this thread.

Comments

• jimbjimb Posts: 802Member ✭✭
    edited 11 September 2017
    Really good to see this update rolling out quickly.
    TalkTalk ahead of BT again!
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,286Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 August 2017
    Its not a sports day, you know. :)
    edited 22 August 2017
    So... this release contains Edit Channels and in addition fixes an issue where part watched recordings would play back from the start. They will now resume from where you stopped the recording. Good to see. :)
    edited 21 August 2017
    Looks like nobody has told TalkTalk - no mention on their twitter feed  :-)
    edited 22 August 2017
    At least gwatuk has posted the info on the TT Forum. :-)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 August 2017
    Visionman said:

Its not a sports day, you know. :)

That's good, because at current prices, we probably couldn't afford one :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • Geoff MurrayGeoff Murray Posts: 2Member
    edited 25 August 2017
    I would like to view this but sadly only having a download speed of 0.6 Mbps( I am paying for 17 mbps) can't open it in Google due to time issues
  • Adam VictoryAdam Victory Posts: 13Member
    edited 22 August 2017
    Visionman said:

So... this release contains Edit Channels and in addition fixes an issue where part watched recordings would play back from the start. They will now resume from where you stopped the recording. Good to see. :)

Ah so this is the update i need. The resume recordings issue was really starting to annoy me. :)
  • SarahSarah Posts: 421Administrator admin
    edited 22 August 2017

I would like to view this but sadly only having a download speed of 0.6 Mbps( I am paying for 17 mbps) can't open it in Google due to time issues

Hi Geoff,

To summarise this update:
    • It will include the feature Edit Channels which will allow you to hide/unhide channels within the guide. 
    • We have made improvements to the delete confirmation screen and it will always ask for confirmation before deleting a series stack of recordings.
    • We resolved an issue where part watched recordings would start from the beginning instead of where you stopped watching previously.
    It's a phased roll-out so although it may not appear on your box right away, it should be there soon :) 

Sarah
    edited 22 August 2017
    Visionman said:

I expect TalkTalk thought there was no need to post it, wrongly assuming it had been leaked months ago by their triallists :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
    edited 22 August 2017
    Visionman said:

They've stopped doing that now. 
  • Bill MiddlemasBill Middlemas Posts: 26Member
    edited 24 August 2017

What about the fact that sometimes the Guide opens to 001 BBC One, instead of the channel you are actually on at the time?

And the delays to remote presses?
    edited 24 August 2017

On DN370T units only I mean.
    edited 24 August 2017

What about it? Thats nowt to do with this thread, Bill. It would be best to start your own thread as you'll get more attention and replies that way.
    edited 24 August 2017

It's a question around whether the update this thread relates to (and one of the boxes) fixes those issues too as what has been mentioned doesn't suggest so.
    edited 24 August 2017

I haven't experienced that issue myself. Just checked and I'm now on this update.
    edited 25 August 2017

Hi Bill. Your issue isn't one thats been posted on the TT forum at all. Have you tried a soft reboot? Or contacting TT? But to answer your question, this update adds Edit Channels in the guide only. I already have it on my retail Humax and its a big improvement over the original one.
    Hi Adam. Flippin 'eck that was quick. :)
    edited 25 August 2017

I lije the new design personally. Just the lag for me. Done alk the reboots, resets. It's not the end of the world, just a bit if a pain that it slows down occasionally.
  • johnnyshankjohnnyshank Posts: 52Member
    edited 25 August 2017

I just tried the delete option, the problem is it only deletes the channel from the guide not from viewing as in the previous version, I want to delete the channels so that I don't see them when I'm scrolling thro.
    edited 25 August 2017

Me too. The extension to that functionality is promised, though.
    edited 25 August 2017

So basically after having waited months for this function to be restored it is only operating on the main EPG, not the mini-guide, not on search results, not when scrolling through channels as you're viewing, and probably not in other scenarios as well.
    Is that correct?
    edited 25 August 2017

See above.
    edited 28 September 2017
    Seems the reaume recordings still isn't fixed. I stopped watching a recording 3 hours in last night. Went to watch the rest today and it tried to resume with the bar with the correct time at the bottom. But then just started from beginning. This needs to be fixed or give us the old software back until the bugs are ironed out please.
    edited 4 September 2017

Seems the reaume recordings still isn't fixed. I stopped watching a recording 3 hours in last night. Went to watch the rest today and it tried to resume with the bar with the correct time at the bottom. But then just started from beginning. This needs to be fixed or give us the old software back until the bugs are ironed out please.

Hi Adam, there have been no other reports the update doesn't work. Did you press and hold the OK button?
    edited 4 September 2017

(He means 'by accident', not that that is what you should have done)
    edited 3 September 2017

Nope. Just pressed play from the menu. It seems to be on longer programs. I have tried a reset and still the same.
  • Matt571Matt571 Posts: 2Member
    edited 4 September 2017

Hello

Any news of when this update will be hitting southeast/Kent ?

edited 4 September 2017
    ... and Tyne amd Wear ...
    edited 4 September 2017
    Matt571 and Bill

I have never seen or heard any evidence that the rollout is regional.

The rules for the sequence do seem to be a closely guarded secret though, and what they are, I have never managed to fathom out.
    edited 4 September 2017
    I wouldn't work too hard to work it out, Roy. I don't think they know either. It just magically happens .. ha ha!