[Discussion] TalkTalk Software Update 72.44.147/ 70.44.148/ 60.44.147

2»

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,463Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 September 2017, 8:32AM
    I actually asked once, years ago (on BT Vision). And  got a reply.

The email I received was 3 paragraphs long, all in tech and at the end of it I replied -
    What?.  Seriously not got a clue.
  • Matt571Matt571 Posts: 2Member
    edited 5 September 2017, 10:57AM

lol

Thanks for your answers guys :)

I guess I just keep waiting and waiting....

• Adam VictoryAdam Victory Posts: 13Member
    edited 6 September 2017, 2:38PM

Seems the reaume recordings still isn't fixed. I stopped watching a recording 3 hours in last night. Went to watch the rest today and it tried to resume with the bar with the correct time at the bottom. But then just started from beginning. This needs to be fixed or give us the old software back until the bugs are ironed out please.

Also i noticed that the time bar along the bottom doesn't always show up either. Resume recordings is intermittent. It worked for me yesterday but not today. Same recording. It seems to be on longer recordings. The one i am watching currently is 7 hours long. Used to be fine on the old software.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 482Administrator admin
    edited 7 September 2017, 8:16AM

Seems the reaume recordings still isn't fixed. I stopped watching a recording 3 hours in last night. Went to watch the rest today and it tried to resume with the bar with the correct time at the bottom. But then just started from beginning. This needs to be fixed or give us the old software back until the bugs are ironed out please.

Hi Adam,

Our team are looking into the issue you've raised regarding resuming recordings at the moment and have a few questions so it'd be super helpful if you can answer them.

We need to know the following:
    • TalkTalk box model
    • Software version you're currently on
    • Software version you were previously on (if you can remember) 
    • What recordings this has happened on since updating - programme name and channel if possible (whether it's HD or SD is helpful also). 
    Thanks a lot,
    Sarah
    edited 7 September 2017, 9:02AM

Hi Sarah,
    I can confirm:
    Box Model is DN370T
    Software is the latest 72.44.148 and I was previously on 72.44.125. The previous version of software was worse with it never remembering the resume point.
    The recording is of the British Touring car championship recorded on Sunday 27th August on ITV4 I believe this is SD only. It's a 7 hour long program which is aired live.

When it does remember the resume point at say 5 hours in to the recording there seems to be a huge lag. It will start playing from the beginning and then jump to the resume point. Other times it will start playing at the beginning and never jump to the resume point.

Occasionally I have also noticed that the time bar at the bottom also doesn't show.

Hope this helps. Any further info you need please just let me know.
    Adam
    edited 7 September 2017, 9:16AM

Thanks for this information Adam. I've forwarded it over to our team so I'll let you know if there's anything else they need :) 

Sarah
    edited 7 September 2017, 9:11AM

When previously I mentioned this worked on the old software I was refering to the old software prior to the big UI update, just to be clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 11 September 2017, 5:45AM
    jimb said:

Really good to see this update rolling out quickly.
    TalkTalk ahead of BT again!

Got note fron TT to say new software firmware update from 72.44.127 to 72.44.147 nothing updated my end called TT and no one knows about it, says youview have posted this without letting TT know. I doubt Youview did this . But communication between youview head office, youview outsourced support staff, providers Talk Talk, BT,Plusnet and consumer of service is lacking. More transparency is needed to really develop this brand into the future growth and continued success.
  • SwaishSwaish Posts: 3Member
    edited 11 September 2017, 7:58AM
    jimb said:

Really good to see this update rolling out quickly.
    TalkTalk ahead of BT again!

Well I have had the new version (with channel editing) for a few weeks now. I think it is rolled out in batches.
  • Richard ListerRichard Lister Posts: 19Member
    edited 14 September 2017, 6:13PM

Time bar on bottom missing on playback is intermittent - I can't see why it does sometims and other times not.

Still enjoying the new software but really need the suggestions on recording clashes - it's worth it's weight in gold!

cheers

Richard

• liamliam Posts: 3Member
    edited 29 September 2017, 6:01PM
    On the whole it's a really good system and we're happy to keep using it over sky, Virgin etc. However my recoding could be he ugly improved with a simple auto play next recording. Like Netflix or other streaming sights so wehen we have recorded a TV series we can select it one press play then it automatically play the next recording after the last one has ended.
    edited 27 September 2017, 5:30PM

I agree the old software was better, new version no mini tv in guide, recording fail to often, transparency is utter pointless as u inly see a blur and the loss of discovery mode means freeview play has over taken youview with more apps and features than youview.
    Visionman said:

The email I received was 3 paragraphs long, all in tech and at the end of it I replied -

Oh visionman yawwwwn
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,233Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:

Go forth and multiply, Samuel, there’s a good chap.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 27 September 2017, 9:21PM

Any news on this sarah? I have just been watching the latest British touring car championship that was aired 17th sept and it never remembered the resume point once. Time bar disappears intermittently. Many thanks Adam.
  • Bill MiddlemasBill Middlemas Posts: 26Member
    edited 27 September 2017, 9:23PM

I'm still waiting on the actual update released last monh.
    edited 27 September 2017, 9:41PM

https://support.youview.com/youview-b...
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 28 September 2017, 9:21AM

Hi Adam,

Please be assured that this is still something which is very much on our radar. The team are still working hard on a fix for this at the moment so once it's been resolved we will update you here :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • TabsTabs Posts: 3Member
    Hi

I use a Huawei 372T box but don't subscribe to TalkTalk or BT. I want the facility to edit the channel list but cannot.
    I check the Software Information screen most days but it says my box already has the latest version (72.44.124).

Doe anyone know when will this update be available to retail box owners?
    edited 9 October 2017, 11:33AM
    Tabs said:
    Hi

I use a Huawei 372T box but don't subscribe to TalkTalk or BT. I want the facility to edit the channel list but cannot.
    I check the Software Information screen most days but it says my box already has the latest version (72.44.124).

You might be a retail owner, but you haven’t got a retail box - you have a TalkTalk Huawei subscription box.

Once a subscription box, always a subscription box, at least as far as updates go.

However, there is a rollout to 72.44.147, which includes Edit Channels (in the EPG only at present) in progress, which you will get as soon as the phased rollout reaches your box.

But when this will be, nobody knows, though it will be the same time as it would have been if the box were still on subscription with TalkTalk; it does not care if the box is no longer on subscription, or even if TalkTalk is no longer the ISP this box is on.
    Roy said:
    Tabs said:
    Hi

You might be a retail owner, but you haven’t got a retail box - you have a TalkTalk Huawei subscription box.

Once a subscription box, always a subscription box, at least as far as updates go.

However, there is a rollout to 72.44.147, which includes Edit Channels (in the EPG only at present) in progress, which you will get as soon as the phased rollout reaches your box.

But when this will be, nobody knows, though it will be the same time as it would have been if the box were still on subscription with TalkTalk; it does not care if the box is no longer on subscription, or even if TalkTalk is no longer the ISP this box is on.

Thanks Roy, that's really helpful to know.

I just assumed that as the rollout to .147 started in late August it had already reached all the TT boxes. And you are quite correct, my box is an ex TalkTalk box.

:)
    Here’s a link to the relevant YouView page, which shows the rollout is still ongoing.
  • davseedavsee Posts: 46Member
    edited 23 October 2017, 6:55PM
    Like 'Tabs' above I have a Huawei DN372T no longer on subscription with TT. Today I tried to switch it on but nothing happened so I rebooted. It went through the usual startup process then finally displayed a screen saying:
    "We can't update your software. Please try again later or visit support.youview.com for help"
    I've tried it a few times but still gives the same message.
    When I come out of that then the box, even though the picture is on, is unresponsive and neither the guide or the blue youview button works necessitating another reboot.
    I've had a few times recently when my box won't turn on and I've had to reboot it. Does that mean it's about to give up the ghost completely?
    davsee said:
    Like 'Tabs' above I have a Huawei DN372T no longer on subscription with TT. Today I tried to switch it on but nothing happened so I rebooted. It went through the usual startup process then finally displayed a screen saying:
    "We can't update your software. Please try again later or visit support.youview.com for help"
    I've tried it a few times but still gives the same message.
    When I come out of that then the box, even though the picture is on, is unresponsive and neither the guide or the blue youview button works necessitating another reboot.
    I've had a few times recently when my box won't turn on and I've had to reboot it. Does that mean it's about to give up the ghost completely?
    Possibly, yes. That situation is not good.

However, try the soft reset - touch the On/Standby Button for just over 8 seconds - and see if the box responds to that, rather than a power cycle reboot.

Please do let us know the results, good or bad.
    edited 27 October 2017, 9:34PM
    I tried the soft reset - no different. (Thanks for the suggestion Roy)
    I tried going into the maintenance menu and reinstalled the software but still no good. Strange thing is that when I left TT my Huawei box updated to remove any Talktalk branding. Now in the top LH corner of the guide it has gone back to 'Talktalk' instead of 'Youview'. 

Has anyone got an ex-subscription Huawei box that has successfully updated to 72.44.147?
    Ok well I can only assume that, after no replies, the answer to my previous question, "Has anyone got an ex-subscription Huawei box that has successfully updated to 72.44.147?", is: No.
    Interestingly, today I brushed the dust off my old BT Humax T1000 (which I thought had died when it originally tried to update to the new UI last december but seems it was only a loose connection in the power switch). I connected it back up and switched on. It took ages to boot up and said it was updating the software so I was surprised to see, when it finally came on, that it was still (hooray) on the old UI. 
    I have come to the conclusion that any ex-subscription boxes, be they BT or TT, do not update once the subscription ends. As Roy has already stated, once a subscription box, always a subscription box in the eyes of Youview so retail updates won't be applied neither will BT or TT updates without subscription.
    BTW - I'm so enjoying using the old UI again and it's amazing to find all the forgotten useful little features that we had but now don't.

No, ‘once a subscription box, always a subscription box’ is exactly what applies to BT and TT subscription box update timings, even if you stop subscribing, or even change ISP.

In fact, it’s about the only thing that does remain associated with the boxes’ original provenance, and they get updated at the time they would have been updated had they still been on subscription. Even though they aren’t.

i don’t know why your T1000 didn’t update; but enjoy it while you can, as NextGen may be lying in wait for it tonight, as you sleep.....
    Delighted to report that my ex-subscription DN372T TalkTalk box (now connected to Virgin ISP) has finally updated. It snook in today with no messages on screen, but the box is now running 72.44.211.

Can't wait to hide propoganda channels Russia Today HD and those trashy shopping channels from the guide :smiley:
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,360Member ✭✭✭
    Cool, choose your own propaganda.   ;)
2»