SyFy EPG data 5 Oct Current issue

zulu17zulu17 Posts: 803Member ✭✭
edited 30 September 2017 in Support
Currently and I understand for a couple of days now the Youview EPG for the SyFy SD and HD channels is displaying No information available for period 7am (Thu 5Oct) to 7am [ Fri 6Oct).
looking at SyFy ‘s own website it is clear they have screwed up the schedules for that period as their own website currently lists the scheduled programs twice.
http://www.syfy.co.uk/schedule/day/20...

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,278Member ✭✭✭
    edited 30 September 2017
    Everything seems to be in order for me? Which device(s) are you getting this with?
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 803Member ✭✭
    edited 30 September 2017
    Well this is current Youview app iOS view of schedule for the SD channel on 5 and 6 0ctoberimageimage
    edited 30 September 2017
    OK, I don't have a separate SD channel, just 319 being on TalkTalk. And like I said mine looks fine, as it does on my box also. Maybe it's a BT thing?

edited 30 September 2017
    And from iPad, to more closely mirror yours:

edited 30 September 2017
    Curiously where the entries do match the narrative is different.
    edited 30 September 2017
    Interesting .. thanks for the example @redchiz .

Ironically BT own schedule that the BT TV app uses has what appears to likely be a correct schedule. However it not possible to set recordings for the period where Youview EPG reports no information available.

As an aside I notice that your programme descriptions differently describe the programme episodes. For example in the Youview BT guide it is listing the Series and episode title whereas your Youview TT guide doesn’t but rather gives just a description of the episode content.

given that SyFy own website schedule has issues for that day I suspect that they are the root cause of the problem in supplying duff data .

There are a few days left to resolve the issue ..
    edited 30 September 2017
    redchiz said:

Curiously where the entries do match the narrative is different.

Yes our posts crossed.
    edited 30 September 2017
    Interesting indeed, how very odd to see not only the gaps, but the discrepancies in information. You mentioned the BT TV app, the TalkTalk TV Planner app mirrors the YouView app in my case and again all appears to be in order.
    edited 30 September 2017
    @redchiz. It is not only the narrative that differs ,the images for each program are different .
    edited 30 September 2017
    Yeah, I noticed that too, that's partly what I was thinking of when I mentioned discrepancies in my later post, sorry that I didn't make it clearer.
    Well the Youview guide for the (BT) versions of SYFY and SYFY HD. 319 and 375  remain showing no information available  for the period  described in the earlier posts (issue starting at 07am on Thu 05Oct). Rather than being resolved it appears that there are further instances occurring  later in the week ( from 8am on Sat 07 Oct)

So there appear to be recurring issues here .

• PhilPhil Posts: 974Administrator admin
    edited 4 October 2017
    Hi all,
    Thanks for flagging this, the 'no information' appearing in the guide for SYFY is something we are aware of and a fix is currently being worked onto ensure the programmes appear correctly. We think this should be fixed in the next couple of days.

Phil
    Thank you @phil I can already see an improvement.
    edited 5 October 2017
    Hey @Phil ; any insight into why @zulu17 was getting this issue, but I wasn't?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    Hey @Phil ; any insight into why @zulu17 was getting this issue, but I wasn't?
    Humax versus Huawei?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
    Humax versus Huawei?
    Erm, iPhone and iPad?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    Humax versus Huawei?
    Erm, iPhone and iPad?
    See, I told you there were posts I would want to go back and delete  :D

Interesting how you (and Vanilla) caught my two-minute ID change, and it froze like it.

@Sarah, another biddy thing for Vanilla to fix?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris