'Edit Profile' - Cannot change user name

AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
From information I've seen within the community, it seems to me that I should be able to change my default assigned user name, but I cannot. My username is actually my old username with an added number to make it unique, I suppose.

Is this the expected behaviour for now, in the infancy of the forum, or would this be an error or bug with the forum on my account.
Tagged:

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2017
    Whichever it is, which I am sure @Sarah will be along to tell us, it isn’t just you, it’s everybody.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭
    I just looked at my profile and I can't edit mine either I wonder if the forum has been set up to allow only administrators the option to edit usernames only.

Thankfully I don't intend to change my username anyway. 
  • WayneWayne Posts: 74Member
    Sarah has said, regarding changing your username, that "..it worked before we went live.." and "I'll have a look into why users cannot change it themselves" 
  • AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
    Cheers everyone. Seem to be a common issue, so I'll just sit back and wait :)
  • AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
    Didn't have to wait long lol - I can now change it :)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 October 2017
    It let me change mine also, as a test, if not quite to what I wanted.

But it got quite bewildered when I changed it back  :D
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭
    It's now allowing me to edit if I want to.