Old comments attributed to a different username

AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
Another forum observation from me. If you look at an old post of mine (link below), it is shown as being started by me (Andy_H [previously known as Andy8]), but then my own replies further down (also from me!), appear to be from a different user called Andy10.

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/5333244/youview-gui-judders-slightly-with-remote-control-key-press#latest
Tagged:

Comments

• SarahSarah Posts: 421Administrator admin
    Hi @Andy_H
    I've asked Vanilla about this and I'll do some investigating from the previous forum to see what's going on here :) 
    Sarah
  • AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
    Sarah said:
    Hi @Andy_H
    I've asked Vanilla about this and I'll do some investigating from the previous forum to see what's going on here :) 
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah :)
    Hi Andy,

This has happened because you created 2 accounts on GetSat to post these (see image below).

This is usually why having multiples of the same username allowed can be a bad thing as it can make it appear that you are posting from the same account when you are actually posting from a different one. Hopefully this won't happen as much now we're on Vanilla :) 

We can't give out the full email address however if you want some hints so you can check your accounts, I can do this through PM :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • AndyAndy Posts: 13Member
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for looking into that for me. It explains what has happened, but I cannot remember having 2 accounts.

There's no need for email hints, but thanks for the offer. I remember once logging on via different credentials, such as facebook or gmail, but I think it was with the same email address. Then get sat wouldn't let me use other credentials, so I created a get sat account. Maybe this is the difference?
    @Andy_H
    That may be why. The Andy10 account does have a gmail domain so it's likely it came from one of these other log in methods when you were on GetSat.