Please can you remove old questions from the youview community.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 67Member
Hello,
Can you remove the old questions from the youview community as some of the questions I have posted are to do with the old software on the youview box and also the old box I had before BT replaced the box. as the lateset software has fix this of the problems, and also posted problems using the youview app that had the old version, before you updated the software for the youview app.   

Thanks

Matthew 

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭
    The terms of the forum say you give youview right to use the posts so your unlikely to get the posts removed.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 12,977Member ✭✭✭
    MATTHEW said:
    Hello,
    Can you remove the old questions from the youview community as some of the questions I have posted are to do with the old software on the youview box and also the old box I had before BT replaced the box. as the lateset software has fix this of the problems, and also posted problems using the youview app that had the old version, before you updated the software for the youview app.   

Thanks

Matthew 
    Since on Vanilla you can edit posts at any time, no matter who has replied or Liked them, you can now go in and do this for yourself.

Almost, at least. You can't actually delete them, or even blank them right out, but you can reduce each one to an 'x'', or to a meaningful placeholder if you prefer.

But do try to ensure that the sense of any replies you have received is not negated by any such deletions.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful’ - William Morris
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 67Member
    Hello,
    can you please help me with editing the questions on the youview community, can you tell me how I edit and delete them .
    thanks 
    Matthew
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 597Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 October 2017
    MATTHEW said:
    Hello,
    can you please help me with editing the questions on the youview community, can you tell me how I edit and delete them .
    thanks 
    Matthew
    Hello @MATTHEW

While it is possible to edit your posts, it is not possible to remove them completely. Editing an original post will probably make all the other replies in the thread appear to be out of context.

I don't think that any YouView moderator will remove threads for you, and don't understand why you would want them to do this on your behalf. You could always ask though. Try sending a message to @Sarah .

Anything you have posted in the past eventually disappears into history unless you choose to resurrect it by posting new information.

That is basically how forums work - you ask a question and hopefully get replies, and that information persists in cyberspace for eternity.

If you really want to edit anything you have posted, look for the V symbol at the top right of the post in question.

Hope this helps.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • DanielDaniel Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭
    You still have not told us your reason for wanting your posts erased. Just because you don't have a certain box or software is not really a good enough reason to spoil a thread.