Live Pause failure in (seen in 28.26, 29.27 and 29.36)
The live pause buffer navigation fails if a recording is taking place
Trigger conditions (observed on a new DTRT-2100 that updated to 28.26 on first power up)
- Live Pause buffer is full (2 hours)
- display point is 'now' (ie front end of buffer)
- a recording is either occurring or has recently occurred
- Fast rewind is limited to 2x and the x2 display does not show
- 15 second instant rewind disabled
- If the fast forward is used then further x2 rewind is unavailable
- Any use of the instant +60 second function returns the display point to 'now'
In short if you dare to record something then you don't have a usable live pause buffer. And the 2 hour buffer was one of the few discriminators YouView had.
(reports of this fault have been made before but have been incorrectly responded to as if it was the long standing back end of buffer 'stutter'. At the suggestion of Visionman I have started this as a dedicated thread)
Please note as per posts below that a full 'Factory Reset' (available from the settings menu deletes all recordings and settings) does appear to temporarily cure this but the fault will return within a day