Have 2 humax boxes, and one from BT and other retail. need code for BT remote control.

MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 86Member
Hello,
Please can you help me with the following problem I have a DTR 4000 youview box from BT and a Humax retail box, the problem is that when I use the BT remote to switch the BT youview box on, the Humax retail box switch on as well, and when I use the Humax retail box remote to switch the Humax retail box the BT DTR 4000 switch on as well,
I phoned Youview tech support and they told me there was a code to fix this problem.
Please can you send the code.

Thanks 

Matthew 

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,463Member ✭✭✭
    There is no code, sorry and what your seeing is normal.
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 86Member
    Thanks for your reply, so there is no way around the problem them ?
    Thanks
    Matthew
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,097Member ✭✭
    Switch on the box that you want to use manually from the box. That one will then respond to commands from the remote, but the other one won't, except the on/off button.
  • Tim CTim C Posts: 236Member
    What is the Humax retail box? If it's not a Youview box then the remote codes can be changed I believe.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,360Member ✭✭✭
    I have two different Humax YouView boxes sitting side by side, my crude yet effective method is to obscure the IR receiver on whichever box I am not actively using at the time. If I am switching between the boxes to check something I remove the obscurant and then when one box is switched on by the remote the other switches off and vice-versa.
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 295Member
    MATTHEW said:
    Hello,
    Please can you help me with the following problem I have a DTR 4000 youview box from BT and a Humax retail box, the problem is that when I use the BT remote to switch the BT youview box on, the Humax retail box switch on as well, and when I use the Humax retail box remote to switch the Humax retail box the BT DTR 4000 switch on as well,
    I phoned Youview tech support and they told me there was a code to fix this problem.
    Please can you send the code.

Thanks 

Matthew 
    I believe this may answer your question:  https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/BT-Youview-box-and-Humax-PVR-controller-clash/m-p/1222495#M10940 
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Posts: 86Member
    Hi,
    Thanks for the link, I am happy to tell you it work, the problem is now fixed.

Thanks

matthew