[Discussion] TalkTalk software update 72.44.211, 70.44.212 and 60.44.211

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 995Administrator admin
Hi all,

Please feel free to discuss the TalkTalk software update 72.44.211, 70.44.212 and 60.44.211 in this thread.

Tagged:

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,233Member ✭✭✭
    It looks faintly absurd to me.

The YouView Latest Versions page shows two rollouts going on at once, from a single earlier version, for each included Huawei box.

It’s always been implied, and quite possibly stated, that a new rollout could not start until an existing one had finished, a useful device for explaining why NextGen development is so extended, and updates so widely separated.

But now, apparently, we learn this is not so.

But quite apart from that, how does this all work? Do Huawei users who haven’t yet got the first update still get it, and then later get the second, apparently feature-free, one?

Or is it that all future updates will be to the latest release? And so that latest versions page should actually have dual entries on the left, and the single new update on the right?

Enquiring minds want to know....
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 995Administrator admin
    edited 6 December 2017, 10:19AM
    Hi Roy,

Thanks for your feedback, I've changed the Latest Versions page to more accurately reflect the release cycle here, you are quite right. For TalkTalk there are two previous versions of software 124/125 and 147/148 both of which have halted rollout. They both contain the same feature set and the later one is an incremental update.

This latest software 211/212 will be available to all TalkTalk boxes in due course (superseding both) and contains a back-end maintenance fix. I hope this makes it a bit clearer to understand!
  • RoyRoy Posts: 13,233Member ✭✭✭
    Enquiring minds have been satisfied - thank you, Phil.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • StevefStevef Posts: 41Member
    My 372t box froze and would not wake up following this update. A soft reboot and check for latest software worked.
  • JTreasJTreas Posts: 1Member

I don't know whether it had just updated itself, but my DN370T completely failed yesterday. A soft reboot worked. The same thing happened today and nothing will make it start. After saying waking up for about 10 minutes, the screen just goes black. Any ideas?