My box keeps dropping Channels 1-10 and 80-90, why?

Phil MorrisPhil Morris Posts: 8Member
edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM in Archived Posts

Comments

• Gary PGary P Posts: 14Member
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:34AM
    Hi Phil. We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues. Have you seen this entry in our FAQ http://www.youview.com/support/kb/ive...? It may help to solve your problem. Let us know how you get on.
  • Phil MorrisPhil Morris Posts: 8Member
    edited 20 September 2012, 7:21PM
    Does not help................
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 277Member
    edited 17 July 2017, 11:31AM
    I have had this problem for the past three days now, the channels are lost and then the box is telling me that recording are failing even before they should be recorded. I have to re-tune the box to get the channels back and then delete the failed recording then restart the box to get back the scheduled record as they are lost to.
    this only just started to do this.
    edited 20 September 2012, 9:45PM
    Me too: I have had this problem, the channels are lost and then the box is telling me that recording are failing even before they should be recorded. I have to re-tune the box to get the channels back and then delete the failed recording then restart the box to get back the scheduled record as they are lost to.

This started about a month ago..
  • RottyRotty Posts: 107Member
    edited 17 January 2017, 7:15PM
    My issue is losing the PSB2 mux channels (Itv/ch5 etc).

My issue does appear to relate to times when I have powered off or rebooted my powerline kit or router, but I can't be 100% sure. Box still reports the same number of tuned channels, but just that the EPG doesn't show them and I can't select them.

As stated, the only remedy is to do a complete retune again.
  • studantonstudanton Posts: 29Member
    edited 21 September 2012, 5:33PM
    I have been having the same problem too. I have done the deleting and retuning trick then powered down.
  • David Smith1David Smith1 Posts: 21Member
    edited 21 September 2012, 9:01PM
    Me too, exactly the same!
  • JK-47JK-47 Posts: 7Member
    edited 22 September 2012, 2:04PM
    I have this problem too, I've had to retune my box around half a dozen times in the last couple of months, what's happening? My signal strength is always strong! Very annoying!
  • Jesse1Jesse1 Posts: 275Member
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:30AM
    Hi Phil, thanks for posting. We’re looking into your query and will get back to you with a response as soon as possible.
    Just letting you know that we’ve changed the category of this thread from question to a problem to make it easier for people to find. Please let us know if you think we’ve misunderstood the purpose of your post.
  • PiersPiers Posts: 561Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. Apologies that some of you are experiencing this. We have been investigating but are unable to reproduce in our test lab in London, so we will be recording some broadcast streams from around the country. I'd be grateful if you could reply with the following information to help us track it down.

1. The city, town or village where your box is, and the first part of the your postcode. (please don't post your full postcode or address on this public forum)
    2. If possible - the TV regions that you select at the end of the channel scan. (If you're able to receive one region you won't get any options after the scan, just say "1 region only")

thanks in advance.
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Posts: 38Member
    edited 22 September 2012, 4:05PM
    Piers2 said:

Hi everyone. Apologies that some of you are experiencing this. We have been investigating but are unable to reproduce in our test lab in London, so we will be recording some broadcast streams from around the country. I'd be grateful if you could reply with the following information to help us track it down.

1. The city, town or village where your box is, and the first part of the your postcode. (please don't post your full postcode or address on this public forum)
    2. If possible - the TV regions that you select at the end of the channel scan. (If you're able to receive one region you won't get any options after the scan, just say "1 region only")

thanks in advance.

1. Maryburgh, IV7
    2. Scotland, North Scotland (1 region only)
    Kewstoke BS22
    TV region selected is WALES, but get offered WEST too. Receive off the Wenvoe Tx and not our local relay because if I select WEST as my region, I am unable to record any channels received from the Wenvoe transmitter (com muxes)
    edited 22 September 2012, 5:25PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

1. Congleton, CW12
    2. NW England
    edited 22 September 2012, 6:52PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

1. North Walsham, NR28
    2. East Anglia
  • TrickyTricky Posts: 1Member
    edited 22 September 2012, 11:26PM
    Same issue channels dropped, retune brings channels back but screws up recording.

Berkhamsted, HP4
    London
    edited 22 June 2016, 4:22PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

1. Guildford, GU12
  • JK-47JK-47 Posts: 7Member
    edited 23 September 2012, 5:46PM
    1. Cheshire SK12
    2. North West
    edited 23 September 2012, 6:17PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

Radcliffe, Bury, Lancs M26
    edited 23 September 2012, 6:17PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

1 Region Only
  • nigel_dnigel_d Posts: 5Member
    edited 24 September 2012, 7:12PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

Keighley, BD20
    Yorkshire
  • Jesse1Jesse1 Posts: 275Member
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:30AM
    Hi, thank you to Rotty, JK-47 and Tricky for supplying your post codes to help resolve this issue.

In order to fully investigate this problem, could Phil Morris, MattMan, studanton, David Smith, email us at [email protected] with the subject as Missing Channels and the following information:

1. The city, town or village where your box is

Thanks
    edited 24 September 2012, 7:43PM
    Jesse1 said:

Hi, thank you to Rotty, JK-47 and Tricky for supplying your post codes to help resolve this issue.

In order to fully investigate this problem, could Phil Morris, MattMan, studanton, David Smith, email us at [email protected] with the subject as Missing Channels and the following information:

1. The city, town or village where your box is

Thanks

Hi Jesse, I have just sent the email. I did also reply to Piers request on this thread, look in comments. Thanks & hope a solution is on its way!
  • Joe PrenticeJoe Prentice Posts: 21Member
    edited 25 September 2012, 8:52PM
    Piers2 said:

thanks in advance.

Same issue here. Worcester. WR2
    edited 26 September 2012, 8:14AM
    1. Congleton Cheshire CW12
    2. NW
    edited 26 September 2012, 8:17AM
    Jesse

I have spotted that some of our original answers were hidden. For some reason you have to hit a prompt to see more replies to make these visible.
  • Dave SmithDave Smith Posts: 1Member
    Same issues here with my Humax YouView DTR T1000. Every few days we lose some channels, and this causes the scheduled recordings to come up as failed recordings. I have to delete the failed recordings then retune and then I get the missing channels back. I next reboot and finally some time later the scheduled recordings come back.
    This happens every few days.

Brighton & Hove
    BN2
    South East region

BTW I'm another David Smith.
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Posts: 38Member
    edited 27 September 2012, 11:42PM
    Any update. Another loss of channels and recordings tonight?
    Youview I think it is about time we all had an update, yet again this happen again lost 38 channels including BBC one, BBC two, ITV, channel 4 & 5. also all the scheduled programmes where listed as failed for a whole week. It happen over night when the box was in standby as the channels where all there the night before.
    Any update would be much appreciated.
    edited 22 June 2016, 4:22PM

Same issues here with my Humax YouView DTR T1000. Every few days we lose some channels, and this causes the scheduled recordings to come up as failed recordings. I have to delete the failed recordings then retune and then I get the missing channels back. I next reboot and finally some time later the scheduled recordings come back.
    This happens every few days.

Brighton & Hove
    BN2
    South East region

BTW I'm another David Smith.

Funny that I know a David Smith from school. bit like bus you wait for some time then two come along.
    I too lost the PSB2 (Wales) mux again overnight (just checked) - missing from the EPG, showing 115 channels tuned, but only 73 TV and 26 radio when checking in System Settings>System Info>Number of Channels

For me, it's ALWAYS the complete PSB2 (D3+4) mux that goes and no other channels are lost other than the ITV/CH4/CH5 and associated.