Lovefilm and Netflix?

Comments

• edited 25 April 2013, 6:55PM
    Visionman said:

This is not from Wiki either -

Sky are *NOT* a partner in YouView. They are merely a content provider. Which is a very different thing indeed.

You're wasting your time, some people are simply deaf to facts that contradict their Wiki-derived misunderstandings.
  • Margaret OttonMargaret Otton Member Posts: 20
    edited 26 September 2013, 7:33AM
    OH yes I see now Its called a

A " content partner "

Like it says on this page from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/...

Now the service is weeks from launch, BSkyB, which has vociferously criticised YouView and aggressively attempted to block its launch at every regulatory opportunity, has signed up as the first new content partner and will launch its new Now TV service on YouView.
    I have left a link from a link you like Martin :)

The Guardian ( above)

That words it as " content partner "
    edited 14 December 2012, 12:49AM
    Visionman said:

This is not from Wiki either -

Sky are *NOT* a partner in YouView. They are merely a content provider. Which is a very different thing indeed.

Margaret Otton less than a minute ago

The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/...

OH yes I see now Its called a

A " content partner "

Like it says on this page from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/...

Now the service is weeks from launch, BSkyB, which has vociferously criticised YouView and aggressively attempted to block its launch at every regulatory opportunity, has signed up as the first new content partner and will launch its new Now TV service on YouView.

There's no such thing, again here's the official source which I'm sure you'll ignore as you have all other facts

https://industry.youview.com/pages/co...

As you'll see, there are content providers and that's all Now TV and Sky are.

If you're just trolling the forums now's probably a good time to stop.

The Guardian ( above)

The Guardian isn't the final arbiter, the official YouView website is.

Again here's the official source which I'm sure you'll ignore as you have all other facts

https://industry.youview.com/pages/co...

As you'll see, there are merely content providers and that's all Now TV and Sky are.

I really have wasted all the time I'm willing to on you. If you want to persist with the fantasy that Sky are a partner in YouView then knock yourself out living in ignorance.
  • Rich MerrittRich Merritt Member Posts: 5
    edited 27 December 2012, 7:48PM
    I think that everything that's need to be said... has been said. Please stop.
    edited 14 December 2012, 1:00AM

Martin

The fact that YouView has gotten in early with this partnership could prove to be its trump card, though other factors will affect this – as previously discussed, the cost of YouView with subsequent STB manufacturers and ISP partnerships Quote

So how are you perceiving its referring to when it says ????

.......The fact that YouView has gotten in early with this partnership could prove to be its trump card, though other factors will affect this
    http://thenextweb.com/uk/2012/07/04/y...

That is not from Wiki.

I can't understand why your both getting so defensive towards me. I am not trying to offended anyone . Partnership / partner must be a negative for you.
    sorry my intention was not to offended anyone.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Margaret,

A 'content provider' is merely a channel provider, which is only a service available on the new YouView platform. There will, within twelve months, be many other content providers on the YouView platform too. But that won't make them a content partner either.

YouView isn't Sky's baby, YouView is YouView's baby, and the only content partners (known as content stakeholders) are the four terrestrial channels, BT, TalkTalk, and Arqiva.

But if you wish to believe otherwise, fair enough.

So there is no further reason for anyone to interact further with you on this matter. So, at least for me, bye bye.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 14 December 2012, 1:16AM
    Visionman said:

Margaret,

A 'content provider' is merely a channel provider, which is only a service available on the new YouView platform. There will, within twelve months, be many other content providers on the YouView platform too. But that won't make them a content partner either.

YouView isn't Sky's baby, YouView is YouView's baby, and the only content partners (known as content stakeholders) are the four terrestrial channels, BT, TalkTalk, and Arqiva.

But if you wish to believe otherwise, fair enough.

So there is no further reason for anyone to interact further with you on this matter. So, at least for me, bye bye.

I do get what you mean now . I know YOU View is in no way Sky's baby.

Bye.... Once again sorry if I offended you.

This thread has gone way of topic . sorry everyone
    edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
  • DJ BILINGSDJ BILINGS Member Posts: 172
    edited 16 December 2012, 10:29AM
    I would rather pay on demand not a monthly subscription - Now TV £8.99 then after certain time frame it goes up to an expensive £15.99

I would like box office - pay for the film I want, watch it and no monthly subscription.

NOW TV - not priced well
  • Mike2Mike2 Member Posts: 144
    edited 12 July 2014, 5:24PM
    Due to issues NowTV pulled all their box-office movies, it should also be noted that the content on Youview boxes is different to content on other devices, so when you see what's available by going to their website, it may not be available on the Youview platform which is very misleading.

They do have some good films and later stuff than other providers, but it's all in SD format
  • DJ BILINGSDJ BILINGS Member Posts: 172
    edited 16 December 2012, 1:05PM
    And all at a £expensive monthly contract of £8.99 then it goes up to £15 which one reason we moved away from SKY for subscription free with good content, if it was a box office pay per view such as £3.50 - £4.00 to view a film, as some people do not have the time to watch enough £15 content each month. The box office pay per view love film is poor on Talk Talk to-date.
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    Mike, you said "Due to issues NowTV pulled all their box-office movies"
    Please tell us more about this.
    They were experiencing major problems, especially on xbox yet were still charging £15 a month for the service - many customers were complaining and thus they pulled the box-office stuff and then reduced the cost to £8.99

i've just been looking for the posts from around october when questioning what was available and they have deleted them (the whole section of 'have your say' probably because they were getting so many complains), but I remember asking about the box-office stuff and was told they were removing it for the time-being and were reducing the cost.

had 1 post deleted yesterday by a mod, even though another mod had confirmed what i said, then they re-instated it in another area
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    I'm still not sure what you're saying - "they pulled the box-office stuff".
    I had a detailed look a couple of weeks ago comparing the films being shown on the Sky Movie channels with those available on the NowTV player. My conclusion was that about 90% of those on the live channels were available on NowTV. Would you say that this is the case? Or are you saying that this situation has changed?
    the stuff on Youview is different to what they advertise on their webpage and they have stated in the past that not everything listed will be on Youview for licensing reasons. The box-office stuff you would be paying for on the NowTV side were pulled when they started the free 30 days then £8.99 for three months.

last night I went to watch 'Killer Elite' on NowTV via Youview and it's not listed, had this with some other films the other week as well.

WHICH DEVICES CAN I WATCH NOW TV ON?
    There's a full list of compatible devices on the NOW TV website. Certain services or content may not be available on all devices.
    update from nowtv post: 'we have put our Pay and Play movies on pause as we continue to make changes to our service.

As it stands we currently cannot say when they will be back'
  • Michael4Michael4 Member Posts: 23
    edited 16 December 2012, 4:02PM
    I recently signed up for the nowtv service, as a xmas alternative in case the tellys rubbish, they freely admitted via their online chat that the service was restricted on the YV platform but that they hoped to bring the movie channels, sports channels and PPV to YV.....however they said that this would be in the distant future, so don’t hold your breath

the service seems very restricted with almost the same amount of titles as netflix...a bit disappointing really....no way this service is worth £15 a month

I will be binning my subscription after the 30 day period

but remember people, this service was added after requests on the forum, so its kind of a be careful what you wish for situation

I will be interested to see if the BlinkBox service from Tesco gets brought on board, at least with them you can stream and keep your purchases, but this will probably be more effective if the USB port is utilised effectively and you could transfer items to sticks or portable HD's....perhaps this might be something that YV could look into?
  • Paul BaronPaul Baron Member Posts: 1
    edited 18 December 2012, 4:48PM

JUST A QUICK WARNING,
    THE FREE 12 MONTHS WITH LOVEFILM(INSTANT) WONT WORK ON YOURE YOUVIEWDEVICE
    I JUMPED IN SIGNED UP , GOT THE AUTHORIZATION CODE,
    THEN REALISED IT WAS LOVE FILM BOX OFFICE ON YOUVIEW.
    SO I CANCELLED AS I DONT WATCH MOVIES ON PORTABLE DEVICES ONLY.
    I PREFER MY BIGG SCREEN.

You CAN watch on your BIG SCREEN. Via wii,ps3,xbox,apple tv, or as I do, via my Sony Blu Ray player. Have you got a Blu Ray player?
  • Rufus HubbleRufus Hubble Member Posts: 2
    edited 19 December 2012, 12:12PM

JUST A QUICK WARNING,
    I PREFER MY BIGG SCREEN.

So I just found out !. At least YOU got the authorisation codes. I was told AFTER they'd installed the youview box that the lovefilm offer had ended and If I wanted lovefilm instant I'd have to sign up and pay lovefilm directly. Ever though I signed up while the offer was till on.
    Speaking to lovefilm, they said instant cant be received through the youview box anyway.
    A clever use of words from the ad people at talktalk....I feel a little bit cheated !.
  • Ryan1Ryan1 Member Posts: 29
    edited 19 December 2012, 2:23PM

JUST A QUICK WARNING,
    I PREFER MY BIGG SCREEN.

I signed up on the strength of Lovefilm Instant being advertised as part of the package.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Quote from Ryan:
    >> I signed up on the strength of Lovefilm Instant being advertised as part of the package. <<

Lovefilm Instant has NEVER been advertised as available on YouView.
  • Donald-Edinburgh YV TRIALISTDonald-Edinburgh YV TRIALIST Member Posts: 30
    edited 28 December 2012, 8:35PM

I dough very much that Netflix will ever be available as an app on You View Box because I read it cost £70m to get Youview up ruining , £10m of which came directly from taxpayers’ money via the TV license fee!

Netflix is American based where Love Film is based in England so we would get the Love flim pay as you go app .

We only got "SKY Now TV app " because YouView is in partnership with BSkyB .

I can get get Sky sports on my TV Plus box as I am with TalkTALK but would have to pay TalkTalk for it.

Well said Martin - what is that person, Margaret Otton, going on about. This is where Forums can be dangerous. Uneducated individuals stating things that are totally wrong, and unless corrected, they get assumed as fact.
    Who is this Margaret person - can she be removed from the Forum membership? I can just sense typical Forum arguments coming from someone like this.

Clearly not someone from the original helpful bunch of people!
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 28 December 2012, 9:05PM

Who is this Margaret person - can she be removed from the Forum membership? I can just sense typical Forum arguments coming from someone like this.

Suggesting other users be banned from the forums is one of the best ways I know of starting an argument. So perhaps you are the one who needs banning?
    edited 28 December 2012, 9:12PM

Maybe you should read all the comments (they) have made on this thread to understand. This place is supposed to be a support forum.
  • edited 25 April 2013, 6:56PM

I don't think it's for any user to call, demand or suggest another is banned.
  • Keith StarsmeareKeith Starsmeare Member Posts: 22
    edited 2 January 2013, 12:28PM

JUST A QUICK WARNING,
    I PREFER MY BIGG SCREEN.

Ditto to above. TalkTalk's YouView offer now seems overpriced as it doesn't include any On Demand Films, just a handful of providers.