edited 14 March 2017, 8:23AM in Archived Posts
Box is set for quick startup
After a few months, noticed it was slow to respond to remote
Next day, it froze completely, no response to remote or front panel
Restarted box, back to normal now

Comments

• Jesse1Jesse1 Posts: 275Member
    edited 5 November 2015, 11:30AM
    Hi charlie, sorry to hear you ran into this. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
  • sarumbear1sarumbear1 Posts: 315Member
    edited 8 October 2012, 4:12PM
    This is what I'm experiencing too. During the trial this was never the case. I do however wait for about a minute and the box comes back alive. So far only once I had to restart the box.
  • Marco1Marco1 Posts: 4Member
    edited 24 November 2012, 10:41PM
    This is still happening to me!
  • John WebbJohn Webb Posts: 80Member
    edited 21 December 2012, 9:10PM
    Just happened to me twice in last two days. Hold big button down 15 secs job.
  • robert.inksonrobert.inkson Posts: 75Member
    edited 19 July 2013, 1:29PM
    my box freezes about once a week in low eco mode.only way out is a soft reset.
  • NormaNorma Posts: 1Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    How can I do this when I can't reach the box as I am bedridden? I managed with one problem via the support it found my broadband twice as that message comes up quite a few times.
  • sam1sam1 Posts: 1,182Member ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 10:47AM
    Norma - is it possible to get the box moved within reach? Using Powerline adapters and a long aerial lead for instance?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    Norma said:

How can I do this when I can't reach the box as I am bedridden? I managed with one problem via the support it found my broadband twice as that message comes up quite a few times.

Have someone get you one of these:-
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/remote-contro...

and plug just the YouView box into it. Then you can power-cycle it remotely from across the room.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • Mike Williams1Mike Williams1 Posts: 48Member
    edited 7 February 2014, 12:04PM
    Happens to me too (Humax DTR-1010)
  • Andy JWAndy JW Posts: 20Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    This has just started happening to my box too - I have re-booted (turn power off as socket) 3 times now and tried an internet software re-load twice, but am still experiencing this together with freezes / stutters on playback.
  • Miles ThompsonMiles Thompson Posts: 3Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    Hello
    Yes this happens to me as well, have not tried it on eco mode as I have linked it with my mobile, either which way i have noticed that every few days, my box will stutter playback and freeze.

I'm just guessing but it feels like a write to hard drive issue, as far as i can remember it happens when i am recording something

The latest was me recording BBC TWO HD and then watching the first few seconds of a programme on iplayer before it froze.

quite annoying.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 7:56PM

Hello
    Yes this happens to me as well, have not tried it on eco mode as I have linked it with my mobile, either which way i have noticed that every few days, my box will stutter playback and freeze.

I'm just guessing but it feels like a write to hard drive issue, as far as i can remember it happens when i am recording something

The latest was me recording BBC TWO HD and then watching the first few seconds of a programme on iplayer before it froze.

quite annoying.

Sorry to hear you're having that issue Miles. You're guess sounds like a reasonable one, though we should probably test a few things before resigning to this conclusion:
    • Try a Soft Reboot (Press & hold the standby button on the box for 8 seconds). Does you box now freeze in the same scenario?
    • Make sure you are using the latest Software versions (Settings > Device Management > Software Update). Please let me know what software versions you are on (Settings > System Information > Software Versions)
    • Maintenance Mode Reset (this is a more thorough reset). See HERE for the instructions for your box. I would recommend Option 4: Internet Recovery/ Keep Recordings
  • Andy JWAndy JW Posts: 20Member
    edited 26 January 2015, 2:45PM
    Andy JW said:

This has just started happening to my box too - I have re-booted (turn power off as socket) 3 times now and tried an internet software re-load twice, but am still experiencing this together with freezes / stutters on playback.

I now have a new (replacement) box - many thanks to John Lewis's 2-year guarantee!
    The new box has worked perfectly until 2 days ago, but now is suffering from the problem of "Scheduled recording only recording 3 mins then stops"  !
    I'm just glad the Youview / Humaxnteam aren't developing safety critical software.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    Andy JW said:

If YouView was a plane, would you fly in it? :-)
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(