LoveFilm Instant, YouTube and NAS Access on YouView TalkTalk

Ryan1Ryan1 Member Posts: 29
edited 21 March 2017, 9:46AM in Archived Posts
Hi YouView

These Suggestions/Questions are all relating to TalkTalk TV

Please let me know if you are going to add ‘LoveFilm Instant’ to the On Demand Players. It would make a great deal of sense especially as TalkTalk have handed out a FREE 12 month ‘LoveFilm Instant’ subscription to Plus Customers.

Also will you be adding YouTube to the On Demand Players. I use YouTube almost every day for Catch up of Channels Like RT (Russia Today).

Last thing: Is there anyway I can access my NAS through the YouView box to play all my media? My TalkTalk Box is a Huawei.

Please can everybody who is interested in the above additions vote in favour of these apps.

Thanks all

Comments

• davetheravedavetherave Member Posts: 13
    edited 11 October 2012, 11:43AM
    Hi

I know the LOVEFiLM Instant is definitely going to be added to the 'on demand players' section for exactly wot you said above. I'm not sure when tho.

I also want to know about YouTube but can't help there Im afraid
  • Paul6Paul6 Member Posts: 1
    edited 15 November 2012, 12:21PM
    Disappointing not to see lovefilm instant as a standard on demand viewer. Offering free 1 year subscription to youview instant (to talktalk customers) should go hand in hand with making the service available on the youview box. If lovefilm box office can be offered as standard then surely lovefilm instant should be there too to complete the package.

By comparison, lovefilm instant is readily available on Samsung smart tv as a free downloadable app and it appears along with all the other on demand.

Who exactly has said it will be made available or where has this been published?
  • Cynic ALCynic AL Member Posts: 2
    edited 15 November 2012, 12:21PM
    I'm confused, as a current talktalk customer I just upgraded my package to include the you view box, the advertising led me to believe that I could get lovefilm on this unit for free but if I select a lovefilm film on the youview box it displays a charge for watching???
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Hi Al

That's something you need to take up with TalkTalk directly as only they decide what content they offer.
  • BazildogBazildog Member Posts: 9
    edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Lovefilm Box Office is on the talktalk box for paid films. Lovefilm Instant is for access from your pc or console. Getting lovefilm instant for free has been great for me, I am not going to complain that its not on the TT box. That may come in an update any way. Lovefilm box office means no more going to Blockbusters and no waiting for DVDs to arrive in the post. Generally always find there is something I want to watch.

I would be amazed if a browser and YouTube apps were not released within 12 months. For the brilliance of what is on the box now I will wait.

What I would like to see is Blinkbox and Download to Own apps.

The box with TT is free and if you take none of the Boosts there are no monthly charges. 50.00 for an engineer install was fine in my book when BT charge more than that to put in the post and "activate" it. Plus BT failed to get their Pace version of the YouView box to work with multicast and had to go with the currently none multicast Humax.

Overall well done TalkTalk. The days of free broadband launch nightmares are being put to rest.
  • edited 24 April 2013, 7:28PM
    Bazildog said:

Lovefilm Box Office is on the talktalk box for paid films. Lovefilm Instant is for access from your pc or console. Getting lovefilm instant for free has been great for me, I am not going to complain that its not on the TT box. That may come in an update any way. Lovefilm box office means no more going to Blockbusters and no waiting for DVDs to arrive in the post. Generally always find there is something I want to watch.

I would be amazed if a browser and YouTube apps were not released within 12 months. For the brilliance of what is on the box now I will wait.

The box with TT is free and if you take none of the Boosts there are no monthly charges. 50.00 for an engineer install was fine in my book when BT charge more than that to put in the post and "activate" it. Plus BT failed to get their Pace version of the YouView box to work with multicast and had to go with the currently none multicast Humax.

Overall well done TalkTalk. The days of free broadband launch nightmares are being put to rest.

>> I would be amazed if a browser and YouTube apps were not released within 12 months.

A YouTube app requires that YouTube join the service and build a player. TBH, I'd be very surprised if a browser was added.

>> Plus BT failed to get their Pace version of the YouView box to work with multicast and had to go with the currently none multicast Humax.

Not really. Multicast is a network protocol that requires nothing special in the box. There was a huge thread about this some months back.
  • BazildogBazildog Member Posts: 9
    edited 3 November 2012, 12:02PM
    Bazildog said:

The YouView staff have stated the Humax box needs new software to support Multicast. It is a network protocol but getting to work defeated Pace and BT. It's not easy as it may seem.
  • Cynic ALCynic AL Member Posts: 2
    edited 3 November 2012, 3:29PM
    Bazildog said:

Thanks all, I think that I've got it sussed now, the you view box is for my wife rather than myself so all I have to do now is work out how to explain it to her.
  • Andrew MarlowAndrew Marlow Member Posts: 65
    edited 19 October 2013, 10:22AM
    I am amazed at how many people are asking for things like NetFlix and LoveFilms to be made available on YouView. I must admit that I made similar requests way back but not any more. But then I want to play Blu-Ray films in our front room. I use a PS3, it only cost 160 pounds and is a really good player. It comes with NetFlix and LoveFilms so I don't need it on the YouView box as well. Do other people not bother with Blu-Ray? The PS3 can play ordinary DVDs as well so it now our main player.
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Andrew Marlow wrote:

>> But then I want to play Blu-Ray films in our front room. I use a PS3, it only cost 160 pounds and is a really good player.

Many people have no use for Blu-ray or a PS3 while others would like as many services in a single box, that's the initial promise of YouView.
  • Mike2Mike2 Member Posts: 144
    edited 12 July 2014, 6:24PM
    I have a popcornhour c-200 which i've added a blu-ray, i also have an xbox which plays netflix and lovefilm so no need for ps3 anyway - i've now got youview and would love netflix and lovefilm to appear on it, but if it don't it don't
  • Paul BensonPaul Benson Member Posts: 1
    edited 19 October 2013, 10:22AM

I am amazed at how many people are asking for things like NetFlix and LoveFilms to be made available on YouView. I must admit that I made similar requests way back but not any more. But then I want to play Blu-Ray films in our front room. I use a PS3, it only cost 160 pounds and is a really good player. It comes with NetFlix and LoveFilms so I don't need it on the YouView box as well. Do other people not bother with Blu-Ray? The PS3 can play ordinary DVDs as well so it now our main player.

cheaper options. A cheap sony blu ray player to make your tv a smart tv costs around £50. If blu ray isn't important, a Wii can be purchased for £20 for a pawn shop and allows netflix, youtube etc
  • Mark MorrisMark Morris Member Posts: 1
    edited 25 February 2015, 7:25PM
    Defiitely Youtube, Amazon Video Instant and NAS access please.