Clipped recordings, what, where, when?

2»

Comments

• tracestraces Member Posts: 199
    edited 24 November 2016, 8:25PM
    traces said:

Plebs

2 or so minutes missing at the end of every episode recorded to date, be it either ITV2 or ITV2+1.

Agreed that is very strange.

After missing 2 minutes from the first episode a schedule was set for another day later that week and that also missed the last couple of minutes.

No reports from YouView for having a part recording.

Using the Hannington transmitter and have scheduled a repeat when no other programme was recording.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 864 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2016, 11:55AM
    traces said:

Plebs

2 or so minutes missing at the end of every episode recorded to date, be it either ITV2 or ITV2+1.

Or could it be the Hauwei V Humax problem where the Huawei's seem to clip recordings and the Humax's don't. See the Shaun the Sheep thread:-

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 24 April 2013, 10:18PM
    traces said:

Plebs

Ah, I haven't been following that thread but that would seem to explain why some users seem are having other problems with clipped recordings and others aren't. Very frustrating!
    traces said:

Plebs

Have a retail Humax and no other regular clipping.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Anaglypta 2 minutes ago
    Or could it be the Hauwei V Humax problem where the Huawei's seem to clip recordings and the Humax's don't. See the Shaun the Sheep thread:-

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    Hmm... Strange one that. As even though both boxes have different hardware and different hard disk drives, the underlying software/firmware should be the same.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    As the beginning has always been a few minutes too early, every recording of Plebs has been the correct length. Just the wrong time slot.
  • Mike3Mike3 Member Posts: 99
    edited 16 May 2014, 7:28PM
    traces said:

Plebs

I originally had a retail HUMAX box that suffered no end of clipped recordings and so was returned as not fit for purpose.
    I am now using a BT Humax box which is almost perfect with hardly any clipped recordings only the occasional freezing problems.
    Same house, transmitter etc.