OnDemand Licensing Fiasco

Jim SuterJim Suter Member Posts: 31
edited 24 November 2016, 12:01PM in Archived Posts
Why can't the content providers agree a standard for On Demand TV?

For example.

1. Can't get Xfactor on 7 day catchup on YV, but it's available on ITV player on Sky

2. The Sony Netbox only has access to BB iplayer and Demand 5. Even though the Sony PS3 has ITV Player.

3. The Demand 5 content on Netbox is large. Content on Sky is ****.

And non on the on demand services meet the amount of content available online.

Comments

• edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    >> 1. Can't get Xfactor on 7 day catchup on YV, but it's available on ITV player on Sky

There are five episodes of The X Factor on YouView - I've just done a search and checked for you - and 3 episodes of the results show.

In addition, if I go to the X-Factor in the backwards EPG and pick an entry for X Factor at random - Monday 2pm-4pm - the on demand/catch-up play icon shows under the entry on ITV1HD and ITV1.

Pressing Play on both starts the show.

>> 2. The Sony Netbox only has access to BB iplayer and Demand 5. Even though the Sony PS3 has ITV Player.

Nothing to do with YouView or this forum but basically because ITV and C4 don;t want to make them available.

>> 3. The Demand 5 content on Netbox is large. Content on Sky is ****.

Nothing to do with YouView or this forum.
  • cj136ukcj136uk Member Posts: 111
    edited 2 August 2013, 3:44PM
    I have noticed an issue in the STV area, youview can you sort it?

We get ITV1 programmes on STV through the STV player. If the programme is repeated on ITV2/3/4, and you select it in the backwards epg, an error message comes up.

Could the link to STV player be made for the programme or if for licensing, state this is out of area and go to the stvplayer.

This isn't very joined up.