Consolidated list of bugs and faults

13»

Comments

• KeithKeith Posts: 2,417Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    The opening post of this topic does see occasional updates as bugs are closed and new ones appear but the need to actually post and announce such on this topic seems quite rare. Given it has been quite some time since anything has been posted here I thought I would note the opening post is still maintained. Perhaps with the software update rolling out from today (24/11/2015) we may even yet discover it contains some bug fixes for items in the list above (if so perhaps Phil or Sanj could let me know or comment on this topic and I can update accordingly) ;-)
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    For those following this topic, but perhaps not following the forum in general, the next generation YouView software began rolling out today. There are various topics that capture more details:
  • Chloe WilliamsChloe Williams Posts: 2Member
    edited 1 February 2018, 4:35PM
    I've noticed that on US Shows where the EPG will show the series number, the episode title and then the episode synopsis under info, all my existing recordings after the 2017 update have lost the series number and episode title. When you have compiled as near as possible box set recordings through series record and ad-hoc recordings across multiple channels, to lose this information is incredibly annoying. To try and identify if a new broadcast is one missing from your collection you have to scroll through ALL that programme's tiles (a chore in itself since A-Z sorting has been removed) reading and comparing the synopsis to the EPG. I'm now dreading when I am ready to watch these shows spanning multiple series as it will be a nightmare reading all the synopsis' against published episode lists in order to watch them in the correct sequence. Why not just store, or re-instate the series/episode title that appeared in the EPG? I was told that the update wouldn't affect my current recordings. Well I feel very affected by this update and not in a good way!
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,021Member ✭✭✭
    edited 1 February 2018, 4:33PM
    Sorry Chloe, but what your seeing is nothing to do with NextGen. I too have series recorded (from the BBC) whilst on NextGen and they do all have episode numbers.
    You need to take this up with the channels broadcaster(s) as they do or do not provide this info.
  • Chloe WilliamsChloe Williams Posts: 2Member
    edited 1 February 2018, 4:33PM
    I HAD the series number and episode title on existing recordings and that info was removed following the YouView update. Same info is provided by the channel in the EPG so it all points to the update discarding that data (worse case scenario) or not being able to display it (may be fixed with future update). In either case it does not display on new recordings since the update. I still think it worthy of being described as a fault/bug.
  • JosefJosef Posts: 1Member
    edited 1 February 2018, 4:32PM
    Youre right Chloe. With the old system pressing i would display a summary in a pop up and next to it was a Details view where you would often find metadata like episode/series. This extra info seems to be missing in the new ui. I also miss the options you could select from there like Play on Demand and More Episodes etc.
  • dave3dave3 Posts: 186Member

Wrong programme behind Icon (in Playback schedule)

Hi Keith

I identified a new problem - the details of how to recreate it are in this posting - Sarah was able to recreate wrong-programmes-behind-icon-tile

dave3 said:

Wrong programme behind Icon (in Playback schedule)

Hi Keith

I identified a new problem - the details of how to recreate it are in this posting - Sarah was able to recreate wrong-programmes-behind-icon-tile

Thanks @dave3, I've now added this to the list
  • Rob PRob P Posts: 37Member
    Hi, have we got this one covered already?

Two or more recordings in a folder. Watch one (oldest?) and delete it. You now are still sat in the folder with one fewer recording displayed. Back out of the folder into the MyTV tile grid; focus is on the same folder, which remains showing the original number of recordings, until you move off this page and return.

I vaguely remember reading this some time ago but surprised to find it still an issue on my freshly updated BT/Humax DTRT2110 (v29.36.0 / component sw 3.3.82 / platform 4059 / ISP config 9). Looks to just be a cosmetic issue, doesn't appear to have any functional impact.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob P said:
    Hi, have we got this one covered already?

Two or more recordings in a folder. Watch one (oldest?) and delete it. You now are still sat in the folder with one fewer recording displayed. Back out of the folder into the MyTV tile grid; focus is on the same folder, which remains showing the original number of recordings, until you move off this page and return.

I vaguely remember reading this some time ago but surprised to find it still an issue on my freshly updated BT/Humax DTRT2110 (v29.36.0 / component sw 3.3.82 / platform 4059 / ISP config 9). Looks to just be a cosmetic issue, doesn't appear to have any functional impact.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Hi @Rob P - yes this remains an issue. Since no quick fix is coming through I've now put this in the list too.
13»