Youview software update this morning.

StevenWhittingstallStevenWhittingstall Posts: 4Member
edited 11 July 2017, 3:57PM in Archived Posts
a7.75 update this morning, just downloading now.

Comments

• StevenWhittingstallStevenWhittingstall Posts: 4Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 9:42AM
    New things added:

1: Folders for what you have recorded.

2: Tv Signal & Quality via the settings. hidden channels tab.

3: Edit Channels via Guide.

That's all I see so far.
  • JDJD Posts: 7Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 9:44AM
    Could YouView please post a release note for the update? I can only spot two changes: recordings now grouped by series and the ability to hide channels. I think we had all been hoping for rather more but I dare say there is quite a bit that I've missed.
  • Michael GMichael G Posts: 876Member
    edited 25 February 2017, 8:03PM
    Umm. Installed my Humax box yesterday, and made a note of the software version - A 7.76.

Now showing 7.10.0 and a manual check says it has the latest version.

Do we know what was included ?
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 345Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:01AM
    Also skip forward by a minute and back by 15 seconds.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:01AM
    Michael G said:

Umm. Installed my Humax box yesterday, and made a note of the software version - A 7.76.

Now showing 7.10.0 and a manual check says it has the latest version.

Do we know what was included ?

Mine now showing version 8.4.20
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:04AM
    Surround sound over S/PDIF (optical): Checked it on BBC HD Preview and my amp can confrm it as working.

Auto standby time: New 12 hour option.
  • Tom1Tom1 Posts: 36Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:03AM
    Surround sound on SPDIF out - THANK YOU!!
  • edited 26 September 2013, 7:33AM
    Folders, skip and hidden channels - the three of the biggest feature requests people have had, all delivered just 3 months after the boxes went on sale.

Not much to dislike there.
  • StargateStargate Posts: 40Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:05AM
    Glad about the surround sound and 12 hour option
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:12AM
    On the bad side: Update On Demand Players now seems to be hanging and needs the box to be power-cycled to recover.

Edit: Belay that. It just seems to be taking an awful long time now. Suspect it it actually timing out after failing with one of the services not playing happily with the new firmware (is my guess based on my experience as a software engineer).
  • ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Posts: 279Member
    edited 13 November 2013, 9:01AM
    Also on screen message to advise users if they press say play after they have pressed the "TV" button, so they can see they need press the "PVR" to make those buttons work.

One thing to note however, is if you have set your remote to control your TV as well, this functionality doesn't work!
  • stevemstevem Posts: 29Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:09AM
    Mine shows software version is 7.10.0 but I can't see any changes. Could someone with the latest update please post their version?
  • Tom1Tom1 Posts: 36Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:15AM
    No EPG search it seems which is a shame, but it's a start.
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:22AM
    No DLNA. But I wasn't expecting it :-(
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:35AM
    If you hit OK on a recording as well the programme info you also get a playbar and can use the cursor keys to position to the point from which you can start playback,

Unfortunately this useful functionality is still not available on the playbar you see when actually viewing the recording. A half-cock change in my opinion or did they genuinely misunderstand what was being asked for?

Plus they seem to have removed the option to replay from the start so forcing you to use the more fiddly playbar scrolling method.
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:27AM
    Re the series folders: No indication at the folder level to indicate if the folder contains any unwatched programmes. Fail!

Either flag up folders with unwatched programmes or offer the option to turn off series folders.
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:29AM
    Settings to hide the Adult Category channels and/or to PIN protect them. Good move,
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,431Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Here are the improvements I have noticed in the software update out today (30/10/2012):
    • skip function, 60s forward, 15s backwards
    • EPG: secure channel hiding (great start but really still need channel reordering or sticky favourites lists) - use it by going into the guide and pressing the yellow button
    • EPG: duration shown of highlighted programme in the guide
    • EPG: minor adjustment to layout of programme name within its table cell
    • better font and highlight contrast in guide etc
    • recordings list: series rollups (although general folders would still be nice too)
    • recordings list: one button delete of recordings
    • recordings list: one button resume of playback of recordings
    • recordings list: press ok on recording now gives info that includes a slider that allows you to easily (re)start a recording from an arbitrary minute
    • recordings list: padlock symbol next to items locked against auto delete
    • faster startup time of around 100 seconds from high eco mode
    • faster startup from low eco mode too
    • inactivity automatically go into standby time - new option to set this to 12 hours instead of the maximum of 4 hours before
    • if TV button on remote has accidentally been pressed then produces reminder on screen rather than leaving you wondering why remote is not appearing to work
    • surround sound now available via S/PDIF
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:31AM
    gomez said:

Settings to hide the Adult Category channels and/or to PIN protect them. Good move,

Yes gomez, agreed!
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:36AM
    gomez said:

Actually I misread what that option does. It hides the adult on demand category *not* the broadcast channels so you still have to use the manual hiding method for those.
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:43AM
    gomez said:

Well that's OK :-)
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,013Member ✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:44AM
    Thanks for the update Youview. Heres a few observations.

Series Folders: Good addition, However it would be helpful to have info on the series number to distinguish between multiple series . For example Doctor Who Series 6 and 7 etc. I've also notice that not all series programs have been collected into folders, in my recordings this applies to recent episodes of Merlin, which are still displayed separately.

General performance: Images seem to load faster when browsing on demand sections like TV, Drama etc
    Maybe its down to the internet connection? However it does seem noticeably nippier :)
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:51AM
    Channel Hiding: You can add further channels to the list but the only way to get a channel back is by restoring them all then starting all over again! Tell me I am missing something, please?
  • StevenWhittingstallStevenWhittingstall Posts: 4Member
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:53AM
    ITV not working after update
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:55AM

ITV not working after update

Working here. Both broadcast channels ITV Player.
  • edited 30 October 2012, 10:56AM
    Keith1 said:

Here are the improvements I have noticed in the software update out today (30/10/2012):

• EPG: secure channel hiding (great start but really still need channel reordering or sticky favourites lists) - use it by going into the guide and pressing the yellow button
    • recordings list: series rollups (although general folders would still be nice too)
    • recordings list: press ok on recording now gives info that includes a slider that allows you to easily (re)start a recording from an arbitrary minute
    • inactivity automatically go into standby time - new option to set this to 12 hours instead of the maximum of 4 hours before
    • if TV button on remote has accidentally been pressed then produces reminder on screen rather than leaving you wondering why remote is not appearing to work
    >> if TV button on remote has accidentally been pressed then produces reminder on screen rather than leaving you wondering why remote is not appearing to work

Mine doesn't do that.
  • JoeJoe Posts: 2,013Member ✭✭✭
    edited 30 October 2012, 10:56AM
    Wow much better EPG guide layout. I can clearly see the highlighted programs in the guide now on my 28" CRT tv - big change! Also the edit channels list is a welcome edition, and the highlighted program info at the top of the EPG is very helpful, with beginning and end times, and also program duration in easily readable text.
  • cj136ukcj136uk Posts: 111Member
    edited 2 August 2013, 2:44PM
    disappointed youview did not impliment the search. one feature which is crucial for modern PVRs. i hope the backwards epg is sorted or improved. key features making me consider returning the box
  • happyslayerukhappyslayeruk Posts: 28Member
    edited 6 December 2013, 7:07PM
    I'm still showing version 7.10.0. A manual search says I have the latest update.
    Was looking forward to getting Dolby Digital back.
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,431Member, Champion mod
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:29PM
    Keith1 said:

The reminder should appear if you press a PVR button such as play (unless you have also setup the remote to control the TV in which case this does not work).