Series folder sequential viewing.

TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM in Archived Posts
I'd love for YouView to introduce a 'Watch a whole series' feature now that we have series folders. To elaborate, let's say that you have recorded every series of 'Downton Abbey'.On selecting the relevant folders, you would then be able to watch them all, one after the other, in their correct sequence. I would love this feature and always wondered why its not been available on other PVR's that use series folders.

Comments

• SW1SW1 Member Posts: 240
    edited 31 October 2012, 8:45AM
    But we need a button press which allows you to jump to the next and previous episode in the series, the main use would be that when the credits roll for one episode you can hot a button and jump to the next one, rather than have to watch 2 mins of credits and 5mins of adverts. The >>| and |<< buttons would be good for this.
  • TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
    edited 31 October 2012, 8:44AM
    Hmm, hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of as one ended, it simply moved onto the beginning of the next. Of course, if ads were included in the episode, then they would obviously play out first.
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    LIke both those ideas but not sure the >>| and |<< buttons could be used now that they're set to 60 second and 15 second skipping?

Maybe the main LEFT/RIGHT buttons on the navigation pad? I don't think they're currently used during playback?
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 31 October 2012, 9:44AM
    I think once you factor in ads, or end credits, to be skipped, then there wouldn't be much use for this feature.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 31 October 2012, 9:59AM
    My Topfield/MyStuff and my Digitalstream PVRs let you set up playlists which can be used for this.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    I've now added this idea to the consolidated list of improvements and feature requests as item 75 where I have generalised it slightly to be 'feature/option to play items within a single series rollup/folder one after the other in chronological order starting from any particular selected item'.
  • TechnogranTechnogran Member Posts: 152
    edited 4 November 2012, 12:22PM
    Thanks Keith. I know its not one of those features that everyone is asking for, but I feel that if YouView included it, its also one of those features that once used, we'd all be wondering how we managed without it!