Duplicate information in Scheduled Recordings list

iSPYiSPY Posts: 166Member
edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM in Archived Posts
Its a bit annoying that if you schedule a series to be recorded that the program is listed 1st as an entry then below it again with Series Record.
This takes up space in the listings.

Comments

• drhowellsdrhowells Posts: 634Member ✭✭
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    I think this only happens for the first time it is recorded. After that, the second listing should disappear. That is what seems to happen on mine anyway.
  • iSPYiSPY Posts: 166Member
    edited 2 November 2012, 6:54PM
    Thanks very much, I will check on Sunday after the Recordings have taken place.
  • Nigel MoxonNigel Moxon Posts: 7Member
    edited 13 November 2012, 8:54AM
    This also happens to my You view box when setting a series record, there is a double entry in the scheduled recording, it shows the entry with the program name and what date it will record as just a one off recording, the entry below shows the actual series record,
    When i delete the duplicate entry that just shows the one off recording it also deletes the series record, however, when I go back to the scheduled recording the series record is there and the duplicate entry has gone.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 13 February 2013, 10:41PM
    For a device aimed at the neophyte PVR user this is a confusing and alarming way of showing this information. A separate list of Series Links would be clearer as is done with other PVRs.
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Posts: 772Member
    edited 17 November 2013, 6:05PM
    It's an odd way of showing it that's for sure.
  • iSPYiSPY Posts: 166Member
    edited 13 November 2012, 3:13PM
    drhowells said:

I think this only happens for the first time it is recorded. After that, the second listing should disappear. That is what seems to happen on mine anyway.

Your right, the 2nd "single" entry has disappeared since the first recording has been done.
  • drhowellsdrhowells Posts: 634Member ✭✭
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    I have to agree. I cannot think of any reason to show the second listing. This is something that really needs looking at, not urgently, but sometime.
  • WalkleaderWalkleader Posts: 22Member
    edited 20 November 2012, 10:34AM
    Why is it that when recording a series, in the MyView Scedule two lines appear, one has the "program title" and "record" after it, and the second line has "program title" and "series record" after it ? Then after recording the first episode only the series record line remains.?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
    Recording.
  • NesbittNesbitt Posts: 5Member
    edited 2 August 2014, 7:30PM
    This is blatantly a functional error in the coding for youview, I would like to see this bug fixed in the next update.
  • TomWTomW Posts: 491Member ✭✭
    edited 27 November 2016, 6:35PM
    +1 this confused the heck out of me and I've been using various PVRs for years. I thinks gomez's solution of a separate list of series links would be the ideal solution and simply have a single entry in the scheduled recordings list but use the series link icon to denote that it's a series link timer rather than a one off timer.
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I appreciate I am a little late to this party..... but I am attempting to update Keith's consolidated list of bugs and faults. This is currently item number 23 on the list. 

I have doubled checked and the experience described is actually the designed behavior. 

When a series booking is made, it first makes an event booking (to ensure the programme selected is recorded on the day/time selected), and then a series booking is made. As mentioned above, after the first recording has completed, the single entry will disappear and you are left with only the series record entry. 

I appreciate some have found this confusing when looking at your scheduled recordings list, but this isn't a bug with the software. 

What I will do is pass on your experiences as feedback to our product team, in case they are not already aware of it. 

Keith - This might be one to add to your consolidated list of improvements and feature requests.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,813Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Sanj said:

I appreciate I am a little late to this party..... but I am attempting to update Keith's consolidated list of bugs and faults. This is currently item number 23 on the list. 

I have doubled checked and the experience described is actually the designed behavior. 

When a series booking is made, it first makes an event booking (to ensure the programme selected is recorded on the day/time selected), and then a series booking is made. As mentioned above, after the first recording has completed, the single entry will disappear and you are left with only the series record entry. 

I appreciate some have found this confusing when looking at your scheduled recordings list, but this isn't a bug with the software. 

What I will do is pass on your experiences as feedback to our product team, in case they are not already aware of it. 

Keith - This might be one to add to your consolidated list of improvements and feature requests.

Sanj

If your crack dev team can figure out how only having a Series entry can ensure that the subsequent showings get event bookings, might they be able to apply the same logic to the first booking, thus obviating the need for the duplicate entry?
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:30PM
    Sanj said:

Thanks Sanj - whilst I agree this is not a technical bug I think the general user feedback does underline that from a user perspective this direct representation of the underlying code logic is of no value to the end user and in fact at best is ignored and at worst just confuses and hence represents an issue with the user interface in presenting something in a manner not well suited to the primary audience of that listing (what some might call a very small design fault/failing) ;-)

I've added a note to the consolidated list of bugs and faults to make it clear it is not a bug although my interpretation of the customer user feedback would still classify this more closely as an issue than a suggestion for improvement (i.e. they are more likely to look in the bugs and faults/issues list for confirmation about this matter) :)
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,813Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Sanj said:

Jeez Keith - I wish I possessed your calm and matter-of-fact ness :-)
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
  • SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 6:56PM
    Sanj said:

That logic makes perfect sense. Thanks Keith. The users perspective is what matters most :)