Dear YouView...please fix the 'Channel Dropping' issue....

mike fiddlermike fiddler Posts: 75Member
edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM in Archived Posts
The problem whereby some channels are sometimes not available...is there an update on the fix?

Last night ITV vanished, and on Monday there was another failed recording of Vampire Diaries...my wife is seriosuly angry with me over this and not being able to guarantee that recordings of Downton would work...and I am struggling to justify why we dont move back to the BTVision box...

So is it being worked on? Pretty please....before I have to spend Christmas in the garden shed....

thanks

Comments

• PiersPiers Posts: 561Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Hi Mike. Humax have fixed the problem and we're going to roll it out to everyone very soon. But Humax will be able to provide a download via USB for people who can't wait, and I should be able to provide an email address or phone number that you can call by Friday (tomorrow).
  • robert.inksonrobert.inkson Posts: 75Member
    edited 25 January 2017, 12:56PM
    to top it off with error 104 i now find this morning my 118 channels have shrunk to 97.
  • studantonstudanton Posts: 29Member
    edited 8 November 2012, 11:23AM
    I just cannot wait until tomorrow
  • mike fiddlermike fiddler Posts: 75Member
    edited 24 September 2015, 7:24AM
    Thanks Piers...happy to trial it by USB if it helps you (and saves my marriage)
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Posts: 772Member
    edited 17 November 2013, 6:05PM
    Me too please
  • AlisonAlison Posts: 17Member
    edited 8 November 2012, 7:40PM
    And me please! I've only got the HD channels at the moment! All the others are missing or broken!
    Any update Piers?
  • The MeekThe Meek Posts: 251Member
    edited 9 November 2012, 3:07PM
    Piers2 said:

Hi Mike. Humax have fixed the problem and we're going to roll it out to everyone very soon. But Humax will be able to provide a download via USB for people who can't wait, and I should be able to provide an email address or phone number that you can call by Friday (tomorrow).

Could you provide a email address or phone number for the patch please?
    edited 9 November 2012, 3:45PM
    Tomorrow is nearly over Piers!
    edited 23 February 2017, 1:13PM
    Sorry for the late reply, but we had a few final details to confirm with the Humax support team.

YouView Humax DTR-T1000 customers, who bought their set-top box from a retailer and have been experiencing this channel loss issue, can now obtain a software update by contacting Humax on 0844 669 8800.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.
    Could Humax not just provide a download link and instructions or is that too much to ask?
    Hang on - what about the rest of us who helped You?
    edited 17 November 2015, 3:18PM
    studanton said:

Good point - if you were part of the YouView trial, you do have a retail box so you can contact Humax too. Sorry for not mentioning that in my post.
  • mike fiddlermike fiddler Posts: 75Member
    edited 24 September 2015, 7:24AM
    Not available for us BT converts then?
    edited 9 November 2012, 5:36PM
    studanton said:

OK - but why is there not a link to the fix?
    edited 9 November 2012, 5:39PM
    studanton said:

You do realise that when you ring the number you get a message that says the office is now closed so we have to wait till Monday!!!!!!!!
    edited 9 November 2012, 5:52PM
    studanton said:

Well of course it is, they're all in the pub with the BT YouView guys
  • Matthew BaileyMatthew Bailey Posts: 105Member
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:31PM
    studanton said:

LOL :-)

You just have to laugh.

May be we should all just turn off out Youview boxes and go down the pub.
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:32PM

Probably not, because that would be a sneaky wait of getting the new software which we know BT are blocking from us at the moment until they fix this bug with their BT Vision player.
  • BrbBrb Posts: 65Member
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:38PM
    studanton said:

You'll have to swing by and pick me up. Have already had a glass of wine.
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:39PM

Exactly why a link would be handy ;)
    This was bad timing on our part and I know that's it's frustrating to get information that you can't act on immediately. I'm sorry we couldn't give you the update earlier in the day. As some people have experienced problems when updating via a download onto a USB stick that they've formatted themselves, we've asked the Humax support team to supply USB sticks for those who need the update. For some people, this will be the quickest and simplest way. We'll review this process and see if we can improve it.
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:51PM
    The trouble is Piers that promises have been made and we feel let down.
    edited 9 November 2012, 6:53PM
    WOW...

Is it not just easier to put the new version on your server and then everyone's boxes can be updated overnight?
    Or provide the download for those that feel they can manage it?
    edited 9 November 2012, 7:04PM
    Quite, why do all members have to be treated like the least compitaint user?
    edited 9 November 2012, 7:10PM
    Piers2 said:

Sorry for the late reply, but we had a few final details to confirm with the Humax support team.

YouView Humax DTR-T1000 customers, who bought their set-top box from a retailer and have been experiencing this channel loss issue, can now obtain a software update by contacting Humax on 0844 669 8800.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Hang on, you stated everyone in your post above!

What is going on?
    edited 9 November 2012, 7:16PM

Well I have a trial box and the information being available very soon has turned into telling us after office hours on a Friday how to contact Humax on three days later to get a USB stick shipped via snail mail! Hardly available very soon!
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Posts: 38Member
    edited 9 November 2012, 7:30PM
    Brilliant! Humax Support - Mon-Fri 9am to 5.30pm. Thanks!
  • Graeme MackayGraeme Mackay Posts: 38Member
    edited 9 November 2012, 7:32PM
    Piers2 said:

This was bad timing on our part and I know that's it's frustrating to get information that you can't act on immediately. I'm sorry we couldn't give you the update earlier in the day. As some people have experienced problems when updating via a download onto a USB stick that they've formatted themselves, we've asked the Humax support team to supply USB sticks for those who need the update. For some people, this will be the quickest and simplest way. We'll review this process and see if we can improve it.

You are seriously taking the p now.

I appreciate that you are only the messenger, but our collective experience of your customer service has been abysmal.

Like the person says above - information provided after office hours on a Friday is far from acceptable, especially for those customers who have had this issue since day 1.

Please get a grip on this ASAP.