Give us manual timers with repeats

gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
There is one thing still stopping me being able to use my YV box as my one and only PVR: The inability to set up and edit manual timers with the usual repeat options (daily, weekly, weekday etc).

This is the only way to be able to reliably record the extra coverage of the MotoGP weekends from the Red Button streams as the EPG entries on that are never series-linked nor use accurate recording signals and as with all live sports coverage liable to over-runs (as happened this Sunday just gone).

Now the current season is over you have until then end of next March to give me what I want or the puppy gets it!

Comments

• edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Maybe worth pointing out that while it's possible to record BBC Red Button services on YouView it's only the case because of technical limitations on the DTT platform.

Sky and Cable customers can't record the BBC red button at all.

That's the reason the BBC doesn't series link the content and if they could hide the channels as they do on Sky and Virgin, they would.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Good points. This season I have been recording Red Button coverage on my Foxsat HDR (running Raydon's modded firmware to add it as regular channel) with a back up on my Topfield Freeview PVR (belt and braces).

With the cut back of the Red Button service on satellite now as well as on DTT I hope they continue to do as they did on Sunday and make the coverage available on iPlayer pdq which is what stopped me from storming BBC Towers with pitchfork and torch so I could catch the end of a very exciting Moto2 race which was withdrawn just before reaching its climax.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    gomez said:

Good points. This season I have been recording Red Button coverage on my Foxsat HDR (running Raydon's modded firmware to add it as regular channel) with a back up on my Topfield Freeview PVR (belt and braces).

With the cut back of the Red Button service on satellite now as well as on DTT I hope they continue to do as they did on Sunday and make the coverage available on iPlayer pdq which is what stopped me from storming BBC Towers with pitchfork and torch so I could catch the end of a very exciting Moto2 race which was withdrawn just before reaching its climax.

Autobirota interruptus? :-)
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    I've added a remark to the topic on manually set of modify scheduled recordings to explicitly mention there that when I have said one should be able to change any setting that should include being able to set how such a manually set/modified scheduled recording occurs.