Fast forward can become stuck when used on recordings

JoeJoe Posts: 1,872Member ✭✭
edited 19 September 2017, 7:06AM in Archived Posts
I've noticed occasionally that when fast forwarding through a recording that the fast forward action can become stuck, and unresponsive to stop, pause, play actions. The only solution is to exit the recoding completely, and then return by selecting the recording again, and pressing play.

This doesn't happen too often, but it does happen enough for me to mention it here. I've tried to replicate it but it doesn't seem to follow a fixed pattern. All I know is that it sometimes happens when I press fast forward.

Comments

• Dave RenwickDave Renwick Posts: 8Member
    edited 4 August 2015, 8:47AM
    Me too.. It's happening more regular here as well. Fast forward and rewind. For me, the stop button works and sometimes pressing the opposite direction button will stop the unexpected behaviour.

Weird.
  • Bilbo BagginsBilbo Baggins Posts: 177Member
    edited 10 March 2017, 12:54AM
    Dave, you're lucky to get the opposite buttons working sometimes, it's never worked for me and have to resort to the OP with pressing Stop and then Resume.
    I find it tedious now having to just FF at x2 or x6, I am no longer using the next x speeds as I might as well as just watched the adverts in the first place! This is why I (and others) have asked for a 30/sec or 1/min skip function.
    And don't get me started with C4/4OD/ITV, luckily I seldom watch these channels on Demand due to the locked down advert breaks, it's getting like YouTube, it is simpler to plan ahead and record what you want to View on commercial channels.
  • DADA Posts: 142Member
    edited 3 May 2014, 8:08PM
    I had this once with live TV I had rewound after the October update. Even when it caught up with live TV it was still trying to fast forward. Had to turn the box off and on again to clear.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 27 November 2012, 11:14PM

Dave, you're lucky to get the opposite buttons working sometimes, it's never worked for me and have to resort to the OP with pressing Stop and then Resume.
    I find it tedious now having to just FF at x2 or x6, I am no longer using the next x speeds as I might as well as just watched the adverts in the first place! This is why I (and others) have asked for a 30/sec or 1/min skip function.
    And don't get me started with C4/4OD/ITV, luckily I seldom watch these channels on Demand due to the locked down advert breaks, it's getting like YouTube, it is simpler to plan ahead and record what you want to View on commercial channels.

A +1min/-15sec skip function was added back in October. Have you still not had that update?!
  • MJGMJG Posts: 3Member
    edited 28 November 2012, 12:24AM

So I hear... but have yet to find the button that does it!
    edited 28 November 2012, 3:21PM

same...has anyone got an up-to-date PDF that reflects the recent changes?
  • edited 25 April 2013, 7:53PM

If you have the Humax box it's the buttons directly underneath TEXT and HELP
    edited 28 November 2012, 9:05PM

running 8.7.0 and the Skip buttons do not skip correctly #random
  • tracestraces Posts: 199Member
    edited 24 November 2016, 8:25PM
    Have also experienced the "stuck FF or Rewind", and thought it was just the button.
    Have noticed pressing the stuck button again releases the problem and allows other buttons to work.
  • Nik TembeNik Tembe Posts: 28Member
    edited 1 December 2012, 9:39PM
    DA said:

I had this once with live TV I had rewound after the October update. Even when it caught up with live TV it was still trying to fast forward. Had to turn the box off and on again to clear.

I've seen this three times since the November update. The only way we've found top stop it rewinding is to power it off and on at the wall. And this, of course, means you lose a minute or two of the program you are trying to watch.
    With this following the Lost Channels bug I am losing my patience.
    My wife has already lost hers.
    edited 1 December 2012, 9:39PM
    traces said:

Have also experienced the "stuck FF or Rewind", and thought it was just the button.
    Have noticed pressing the stuck button again releases the problem and allows other buttons to work.

Not for me, it doesn't.
  • HulimanuliHulimanuli Posts: 2Member
    edited 2 December 2012, 1:36PM
    I have been having this problem too. Mine can also fluctuate between fast forward and pause uncontrollably.
    edited 2 December 2012, 9:16PM
    DA said:

Make that four times...
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,382Member ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    I've added this as item 15 in the consolidated list of bugs and faults.
  • HulimanuliHulimanuli Posts: 2Member
    edited 2 December 2012, 11:55PM
    Keith1 said:

I've added this as item 15 in the consolidated list of bugs and faults.

Thanks Keith.
  • tjtj Posts: 25Member
    edited 29 August 2013, 7:25PM
    I have same problem
    I have same problem
    edited 19 December 2012, 11:41PM
    And it's done it again tonight with the latest software.
    Stuck in rewind. Could only regain control with a hard power cycle.
  • TechnogranTechnogran Posts: 152Member
    edited 20 December 2012, 9:59AM
    Add me to this list! Occurred for the first time last night!
  • paulo.fosterpaulo.foster Posts: 24Member
    edited 23 December 2012, 3:56PM
    happening every three or four recorded programmes for me too. very annoying . dont like the way that if your watching a prog on delay that has adverts that you skip and eventually catch up that you have to view the prog from the guide. bt vision used to carry on through the recording. vice versa if you switched on a prog you were recording you could rewind it live and start from the beginning . with this you have to watch it from the recorded option. only a couple of niggles but otherwiseit's faultless and I wouldn't change it.
  • byron dudleybyron dudley Posts: 6Member
    edited 27 December 2012, 1:31PM
    i have the same problem which is very annoying
  • Alex MAlex M Posts: 5Member
    edited 6 January 2013, 8:28PM
    I have this problem too - it affects even live program's I've paused.
  • Alex MAlex M Posts: 5Member
    edited 6 January 2013, 8:28PM
    I have this problem too - it affects even live program's I've paused.
  • TomWTomW Posts: 440Member
    edited 27 November 2016, 7:35PM
    +1 I have this problem quite frequently, fast forward and rewind, on programmes I've paused and on recorded programmes, often when using the skip buttons. The only solution I have found is to use the close button on recordings to get back to MyView and then resume play from there. For live TV I have to change the channel which obviously flushes the buffer so rather defeats the point of having pause/rewind function on live TV.
  • Andy BushAndy Bush Posts: 64Member
    edited 19 September 2017, 7:05AM
    Me too
    what if we all send them back to the manufactures HUMAX ask for money back
  • Andy BushAndy Bush Posts: 64Member
    edited 19 September 2017, 7:05AM
    This is now becoming VERY annoying. happens all the time on skip (most used function) and FF
    When are Humax/Youview going to fix this?
  • PiersPiers Posts: 561Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 2:13PM
    Our development team have just found the problem, and have sent the software changes to Humax and Huawei. Unfortunately, we're right in the middle of a development cycle so we won't be able to send out an update for a couple of months. Sorry it's not better news on the timing.
  • David4David4 Posts: 13Member
    edited 2 February 2013, 8:47PM
    I've just +1'd this. As I'm on BT YouView it'll be when BT send out their version of the update. I'm really regretting manually running the update on Wednesday. So many problems when everything was working before.
  • Charlotte1Charlotte1 Posts: 13Member
    edited 4 February 2013, 12:25AM
    Me too - buttons sticking, recordings failing and screen blanks after a few seconds. All seems to stem from last update.