Guide not working

Becky GreenhalghBecky Greenhalgh Posts: 4Member
edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM in Archived Posts
Guide is just showing no information available. Any idea to solve this?

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,789Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    A bit more info would help viz. make of box, ISP etc. Are you unable to watch anything at the moment?
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Hi Becky - this can happen if the box fails to set the date correctly from the TV signal when it comes on. If this happens the date will default to Saturday 1st January 2000. So if when you view the guide you see it is showing as Saturday 1st of January it has got confused about the date. To 'fix' this generally all you need to do is power cycle the box, i.e. if it is a Humax box touch the blue circle for about 8 seconds, or for the Huawei or Humax box turn it off at the rear, wait say 10-30 seconds and then turn it back on. This time it should come on and correctly get the time/date and the guide will thus start to work correctly again.
  • Becky GreenhalghBecky Greenhalgh Posts: 4Member
    edited 3 January 2013, 4:53PM
    Sorry new to this. It's a talk talk box - box Huawei! Yes I can watch but scheduled recordings are not showing either.. I have some recordings but quite a few failed recordings.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,789Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 2:05PM
    Good pointers from Keith there, what date/time is showing on the EPG?
  • Becky GreenhalghBecky Greenhalgh Posts: 4Member
    edited 4 January 2013, 10:25AM
    Keith - thank you just followed your instructions and everything has come back. Brilliant.
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    You're welcome - I saw this problem first hand myself 2 days ago which was extra confusing as it really was January 1st then and it took me a few seconds to realise what was going on and why it thought it was Saturday when it should have been Tuesday :)

I've only had this happen to me once in 6 months so hopefully it will not happen again any time soon and there may even be a fix in a future update so it handles this issue better and makes further attempts to correct the time/date without restarting the box.