skip forward button getting stuck

LebowskiLebowski Posts: 59Member
edited 14 August 2017, 9:15AM in Archived Posts
i know it's already been reported that fast forward function can get stuck. This evening (after update) i've now had skip forward button when pressed just once effectively skipping repeatedly to end of programme. Expect it might be a new glitch following the update.i know it's already been reported that fast forward function can get stuck. This evening (after update) i've now had skip forward button when pressed just once effectively skipping repeatedly to end of programme. Expect it might be a new glitch following the update.

Comments

• paulusthewoodgnomepaulusthewoodgnome Posts: 19Member
    edited 14 August 2017, 9:15AM
    I've not received the update yet (BT box). I've experienced this glitch on several occasions, the last time being a few minutes ago. Play or Pause only alter the speed of the FF.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 9 January 2013, 10:10AM
    I had similar happen last night on the Skip Back button during Stargazing Live Extra. Had to Back to Recording List then restart to stop it. I had not seen this before yesterday's update.
  • LebowskiLebowski Posts: 59Member
    edited 4 October 2014, 5:41PM
    it's kept happening to me again today. Several times on the skip forward button. Strangely before the update it was the fast forward button that seemed to get stuck on ff. Now it's the skip forward button doing it.
  • drhowellsdrhowells Posts: 634Member ✭✭
    edited 10 March 2017, 12:54AM
    This has started happening to me after the update now as well.
  • derek1derek1 Posts: 34Member
    edited 30 April 2014, 8:19AM
    mine has also started happening to me after the update now as well. have to re boot to stop it
  • ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Posts: 279Member
    edited 13 November 2013, 10:01AM
    I too noticed this after the Jan update, never saw it happen before!

To stop it, I had to press "Stop" and then "Play" and it worked OK again.
  • LebowskiLebowski Posts: 59Member
    edited 4 October 2014, 5:41PM
    happened to me quite a few times on skip backward as well now. As reported above hitting stop to take to menu does get out of the problem.
  • John Smith1John Smith1 Posts: 20Member
    edited 12 January 2013, 12:13PM
    I concur it started happening after the update and affects both directions of skip.

The fastest way out of it is to use the same direction of skip button again.
    edited 12 January 2013, 1:30PM
    Ah hah! Perhaps you have uncovered an undocumented new feature:-

Press skip once for a single skip

Press skip twice (quickly) for non-stop skipping

UNTIL YOU

Press skip a third time to stop skipping?

So if you want to skip just twice you need to be not too hasty with the second press? And pressing any other transport key should also stop it and action the new key (but it doesn't).
  • John Smith1John Smith1 Posts: 20Member
    edited 12 January 2013, 2:00PM
    I couldn't find a way to make it stick on demand so I assume it's an unintended 'feature' ;)
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Posts: 795Member
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    I have experienced this on a number of occasions. However, unless I have missed the detailed list of features included in the update, can't be sure whether it is a malfunctioning new tweak, or just a bug. Suspect the latter.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I apparently had this happen, but now believe I had fat-fingered the FF button just below, and dangerously close to, the Forward Skip button.

But we can't all be doing that - can we?
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
    edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    I have just had the Cursor Left button stick while paging through the Recordings screen. Which suggests that this is a generic key handling problem. Now what was changed in that area recently? Ah yes! A fix to stop the Delete key over-reacting.

Am I right? Or am I wrong?
  • edited 24 April 2013, 8:05PM
    gomez said:

I have just had the Cursor Left button stick while paging through the Recordings screen. Which suggests that this is a generic key handling problem. Now what was changed in that area recently? Ah yes! A fix to stop the Delete key over-reacting.

Am I right? Or am I wrong?

>> Now what was changed in that area recently? Ah yes! A fix to stop the Delete key over-reacting.

You could well be on to something there.
  • Leeds LurchLeeds Lurch Posts: 4Member
    edited 20 January 2013, 1:47AM
    I too have had this problem. it seems to e intermittent as I cant recreate the scenario as much as I try. The only way I could stop it was to press the stop button as everything else had little or no effect, the skip back button did work but the box then resumed skipping forward as soon as I stopped pressing it. This has only occurred since the January update, it is rather annoying as it is one of the most used features from the December update
    edited 20 January 2013, 12:02PM

I too have had this problem. it seems to e intermittent as I cant recreate the scenario as much as I try. The only way I could stop it was to press the stop button as everything else had little or no effect, the skip back button did work but the box then resumed skipping forward as soon as I stopped pressing it. This has only occurred since the January update, it is rather annoying as it is one of the most used features from the December update

You need to press the *same* button to stop it.
  • mr c pmr c p Posts: 13Member
    edited 27 September 2014, 8:44AM
    I get this skip problem as well, and pressing the skip again does not stop it for me.
    My unit is humax unit, bought from JL.
    I find this box more frustrating on the Humax PVR it replaced, to be honest I'm hoping it stops working completely so I can get my money back and buy something else.
    I despair of all the key pressing required and the inability to set up favourites so I can order the guide as I want
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Happened to me last night a couple of times when I was chase-playing in the buffer and skipping the ads. Only way to stop it was to press the erm STOP button which obviously takes you back to "live" TV, then had to fast rewind to find the bit I had been watching, bit of a pain.
  • Andrew8Andrew8 Posts: 20Member
    edited 24 January 2013, 8:49PM
    This Fault is Happening here too - 1 push on Skip forward and the Machine gets stuck on Skip Forward until end of recording is reached

The Fault is Random / Happens about 30% of time
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Hi Andrew - if you use the skip forward button and it keeps skipping then to stop the skipping you need to press the same button again, i.e. press the skip forward another time.
  • Christopher GrayChristopher Gray Posts: 14Member
    edited 25 January 2013, 9:21AM
    Received our Youview box from BT yesterday, to replace our Sky+ box. On every recording, when I tried to skip the advert break, the program continually skips to the end of the program.

This makes the Youview box unusable, and needs to be fixed URENTLY. Fortunately I've got 28 days left on my Sky subscription, so I've reverted to using Sky+ and hope this bug gets fixed within that time period.

How does a serious bug like this get through beta testing?
  • Andrew8Andrew8 Posts: 20Member
    edited 25 January 2013, 12:43PM
    Thank You for your Idea Keith , I Tried this But it does not Work on my Humax DTR-T1000 No button seems to stop it skipping to the end.

I have also tried Skip Backwards & Play This does not work.

So I just have to wait until its Fully Skipped all the way to the end of the recording.

Then i can Replay it Again from the start.
  • mr c pmr c p Posts: 13Member
    edited 27 September 2014, 8:44AM
    Second press of skip button doesn't stop it for me either.
    Stop does, but then have to use left and right direction buttons to attempt to get me close to where I was.
    I am retraining myself to use FF in place of skip.
    As an aside my wife nearly always has this problem with the skip, while I rarely do.
    We use a harmony remote. Though this problem caused dis-harmony until I found this thread and decided it wasn't just her pressing too hard/soft/slow/fast on the skip button.
    I agree with Mr Gray, this is a serious testing deficiency and I hope this thread wakes them up to the fact that this could be lost sales, that is the only thing they will understand. If I'd read something like this before I bought it would have stopped me.
    I was pleased with my last Humax PVR and when I wanted to change to record HD I just bought another humax without thinking.
  • KeithKeith Posts: 2,429Member, Champion mod
    edited 4 March 2017, 10:29AM
    Hi mr c p - I use a harmony 700 remote and occasional get the stuck skipping problem. So far every time it has happened I just press the skip button again (once or maybe twice) and it comes out of the stuck state and all is not too bad (of course I then press skip back a few times to get where I intended to be). I use the skip button quite heavily to skip title sequences (usually 1 press with maybe 1 back too) or ad breaks (usually 3 or 4 presses) and rarely use fast forward or rewind. I agree this is an annoying issue but so far at least for me it has not been too problematic, which does not of course mean I do not want to see a fix asap :) .
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Posts: 795Member
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    My experience with the YouView control is that nothing stops it but the stop button. Heho. Hope they fix this fairly quickly - a bit of a pain when it happens. I have taken to pressing the button more slowly rather than quickly - 2 sec wait between presses - seems to be better.
  • Rich3Rich3 Posts: 1Member
    edited 27 January 2013, 9:37AM
    I've found that pausing the programme and then skipping seems to prevent the skip to the end issue.
  • parneyparney Posts: 89Member
    edited 27 January 2013, 10:09AM

Received our Youview box from BT yesterday, to replace our Sky+ box. On every recording, when I tried to skip the advert break, the program continually skips to the end of the program.

This makes the Youview box unusable, and needs to be fixed URENTLY. Fortunately I've got 28 days left on my Sky subscription, so I've reverted to using Sky+ and hope this bug gets fixed within that time period.

How does a serious bug like this get through beta testing?

You wonder how good the testing was given the number of bugs that are being reported!
  • stuart waitestuart waite Posts: 1Member
    edited 31 October 2013, 9:43PM
    i have the same problem with my unit have had it for some time but i also have a problem with the remote it stops working (when you press a button the pvr button any just lights up its very dim) i have to tap it in my hand to get it working again
    edited 29 January 2013, 1:44AM
    If you are still on the original batteries try replacing them with new good quality ones (not Jurasel off the market).
  • erdieerdie Posts: 35Member
    edited 19 December 2015, 7:26PM
    I have had this problem for a couple of weeks now. At first it just seemed to happen on programmes recorded from 4 hd, but over the last couple of days it seems to have gotten worse and is on recordings from other channels.. I have noticed that it tends to happen in the last half of a recording.

Another similar problem that I had today was that the rw button seemed to get stuck and went all the way to start of a programme. I couldn't stop it rewinding, I pressed stop and it stopped, but when I pressed play it started rewinding again.