Please Bring Back Confirm Delete..!

marcusd666marcusd666 Member Posts: 14
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
Please bring the confirm delete option as its all to easy to delete two items at once and that is really frustrating.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,377 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Do you have the latest update? That prevents this.

It still doesn't stop you deleting the wrong programmes one at a time though, if you fat-finger your choice :-(

I recommend locking (yellow button) recordings after they are made, as you are asked to confirm the deletion of locked programmes.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Which box have you got? The latest software update has resolved this to some extent by preventing double presses from deleting more than one recording at a time.

Also, as I am sure you know, this issue is the subject of widespread discussion elsewhere so there is really no need to start a new topic about it.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 14 January 2013, 3:02PM
    Roy1 said:

It still doesn't stop you deleting the wrong programmes one at a time though, if you fat-finger your choice :-(

I recommend locking (yellow button) recordings after they are made, as you are asked to confirm the deletion of locked programmes.

The latest update does *not* prevent this.
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM
    Roy1 said:

How not? I have tried it and it does NOT respond to multiple presses as hitherto.

Mind you, that was a very brief and possibly unscientific test, I shall try again and report back further!
    edited 14 January 2013, 3:15PM
    Roy1 said:

I was able to delete several programmes in quick succession by tapping away at the Delete button. True this was as a test but it proved the point that the danger is still there even if a little lessened.
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    OK, just recorded a few separate snippets and deleted them, definitely not the same problem as previously.

@gomez - short of establishing with a timer what "quick succession" means and how that compares to my own repeat tapping, I think we will have to continue to regard both our efforts as unscientific!

My conclusion: the accidental deletion caused by successive pressing is no longer an issue. But for those who want confirmation of their actions I can see that this doesn't go far enough.

So it looks like this now boils down to an argument between those who want an extra "Are you sure?" step (Windows users?) and those who don't, in which case one camp is invariably destined to be disappointed.
  • edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    >> So it looks like this now boils down to an argument between those who want an extra "Are you sure?" step (Windows users?) and those who don't, in which case one camp is invariably destined to be disappointed.

There are a third group, some of us don't care much about prompts but think there should be an undelete option as a safeguard for the occasional error or change of mind.

Seems to me that would satisfy everyone?
  • woodsmanukwoodsmanuk Member Posts: 34
    edited 14 January 2013, 3:50PM
    Martin1 said:

>> So it looks like this now boils down to an argument between those who want an extra "Are you sure?" step (Windows users?) and those who don't, in which case one camp is invariably destined to be disappointed.

There are a third group, some of us don't care much about prompts but think there should be an undelete option as a safeguard for the occasional error or change of mind.

Holy crape, good point. Ha
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:57PM
    Martin1 said:

Indeed, that would do nicely.
    edited 14 January 2013, 4:16PM
    redchiz said:

OK, just recorded a few separate snippets and deleted them, definitely not the same problem as previously.

@gomez - short of establishing with a timer what "quick succession" means and how that compares to my own repeat tapping, I think we will have to continue to regard both our efforts as unscientific!

My conclusion: the accidental deletion caused by successive pressing is no longer an issue. But for those who want confirmation of their actions I can see that this doesn't go far enough.

So it looks like this now boils down to an argument between those who want an extra "Are you sure?" step (Windows users?) and those who don't, in which case one camp is invariably destined to be disappointed.

The latest "fix" may be sufficient to cope with key bounce but not with a distracted user with an itchy finger resting on the Delete button.
  • TomWTomW Member Posts: 508 ✭✭
    edited 27 November 2016, 7:35PM
    Martin1 said:

I hadn't thought of that. Undelete would be a great solution.
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 15 July 2013, 6:42PM
    im fine with it myself but a undelete option would be the solution and as we seen this feature is a advertised selling point for Virgin.

does add to the next problem after this of why carnt i undelete said program for them less tec savy