All programmes available for last 7 days??

TonyH007TonyH007 Member Posts: 6
edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM in Archived Posts
When you scroll back through the last 7 days can you watch ANY programme?

Comments

• gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 21 January 2013, 12:09PM
    Subject to DRM and the broadcaster being one of those who have an agreement with Youview and have not cocked up making a programme available. Apart from that, then yes.
  • TonyH007TonyH007 Member Posts: 6
    edited 26 September 2013, 7:33AM
    ok, thanks.just to check it even includes channels that dont have on demand?
  • edited 25 April 2013, 1:13AM
    TonyH007 said:

ok, thanks.just to check it even includes channels that dont have on demand?

>> thanks.just to check it even includes channels that dont have on demand?

No, just the standard 4 catch-up services - iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5.
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    Thank you. That makes the TV advert quite misleading. (in my opinion)
    edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    NCIS is not on 'Demand 5' on my sky box, would Saturday nights episodes be avalailble on you view?
    TonyH007 said:

The only TV ad YouView have issued shows the player icons at the end so not sure where the misleading claim comes into it.
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:53PM
    TonyH007 said:

NCIS is not on 'Demand 5' on my sky box, would Saturday nights episodes be avalailble on you view?

No, it's not listed as available on the guide - presumably the on demand rights are too expensive.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭
    On Demand Players - Heres the way it is -

Each device on the market which offers on demand content only offers a selection of content from each provider.

So if you have say, XBOX, Wii, Sky Box etc, each will only offer content ABC, OPQ, or XYZ. And *none* of them offer all the programmes. Indeed, some of them are highly limited in what they offer the user. But of all devices out there, YouView offers the most content by-far, than all the other devices on the market.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 21 January 2013, 2:32PM
    Visionman said:

Each device on the market which offers on demand content only offers a selection of content from each provider.

So if you have say, XBOX, Wii, Sky Box etc, each will only offer content ABC, OPQ, or XYZ. And *none* of them offer all the programmes. Indeed, some of them are highly limited in what they offer the user. But of all devices out there, YouView offers the most content by-far, than all the other devices on the market.

Back to my earlier point about the tv advert...it says..just scroll back the last 7 days but realistically, you can only do this on a few channels and for onlya percentage of the programmes...
    edited 21 January 2013, 2:32PM
    Visionman said:

Thank you anyway for your answer
    edited 21 January 2013, 8:53PM
    Visionman said:

"YouView offers the most content by-far, than all the other devices on the market"

Not really true. The nettop computer I have connected to my TV has the few small offerings that Youview has ... and also offers the rest of the internet too.
    gomez less than a minute ago
    "YouView offers the most content by-far, than all the other devices on the market"

Not really true. The nettop computer I have connected to my TV has the few small offerings that Youview has ... and also offers the rest of the internet too.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said devices, not PC's. But thanks for the info.
    edited 21 January 2013, 9:01PM
    Visionman said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dictionary must be broken.
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 21 January 2013, 9:15PM
    TonyH007 said:

the advert is misleading as its aimed at general public who havent even got a clue what on demand stuff is. again a insulting and unnecessary post that could have been left how it was or added information to future searches
    edited 21 January 2013, 9:17PM
    Visionman said:

lol you both make a point but i found this funny
    TonyH007 said:

>> again a insulting and unnecessary post

Eh? Where's the insult? Someone made an assertion, I responded with my opinion. Am absolutely confident there's nothing insulting in that.
    edited 22 January 2013, 10:48AM
    TonyH007 said:

claming they were stupid for not somehow knowing that the TV channel logos told them this was only available on them services. seriously have you been punched a lot in life
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 21 January 2013, 9:41PM
    TonyH007 said:

Madcotto - I don't think the TV ad mentions "On demand". It talks about catch-up TV. A lot people will know what's meant by catch-up TV, although some of them may think it's just iPlayer.
    TonyH007 said:

I never mentioned or even hinted at the word stupid, neither did I mention channel logos.

What I actually said was:

"The only TV ad YouView have issued shows the player icons at the end so not sure where the misleading claim comes into it."

Player icons, not channel logos and absolutely no suggestion of stupidity.

As for the remarks about being punched, I really have no idea what you're on about.
    edited 22 January 2013, 10:48AM
    TonyH007 said:

player icons im so sorry for wording wrong and said channel id sorry im not so slymy with words and fyi this would be where the punch comes in the situation.
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 21 January 2013, 9:56PM
    TonyH007 said:

See no need for this kind of post Madcotto.
    edited 21 January 2013, 10:38PM
    TonyH007 said:

i dont care i had enought i worded it as polite as i could but ill worderd it better now @marting you a **** condescending **** prick
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    TonyH007 said:

Madcotto...stop. Please, just stop.
  • [removed][removed] Member Posts: 282
    edited 27 March 2013, 4:49PM
    I thoght a PC or laptop was a device ( note to myself, check dictionary)

The advert I saw last night for YV was very misleading as it implied you could pause, rewind and record InDemand programs.

In fact most of the adverts are misleading,