Automatic software update February 2013

TanjaTanja Member Posts: 251
edited 14 August 2017, 9:15AM in Announcements
New software for the YouView Humax box is now available and will be rolled out across all Retail and BT boxes over the next couple of weeks. This is a phased roll out so some boxes will get the update sooner than others. The software will be available on YouView boxes from TalkTalk shortly afterwards.
This software release includes a number of improvements including:
• The introduction of a new setting to enable a recording deletion confirmation message.
This setting enables a confirmation message whenever you try to delete a recording in MyView. To enable this, go to Settings > Device Management > Delete Recordings Confirmation and choose ON. (The default is OFF).
• An improvement to the Audio description volume level when viewing HD channels.
• A fix to correct the box time from being reset to 1st Jan 2000 until the box is next restarted.
• A fix to address the small number of cases where all booked recordings failed. In some rare circumstances (e.g. when a device was powered off due to a temporary interruption in the mains power supply) the box failed to wake up correctly, resulting in all recordings failing.

If your box is connected to the Internet and has not been switched off, either at the plug socket or via the switch on the back of the box then the update will be automatically downloaded overnight
You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to Settings > System Information > Software Versions.

If you see the following, then you have successfully upgraded and do not need to do anything else:

Manufacturer Software: 10.4.0
Component Software: 1.3.4
Platform configuration: 332
ISP Configuration: 1

If your box displays different software versions, you can perform a manual update by navigating to Settings > Device Management > Software Update > Get Update, and pressing OK.

Comments

• Nick2Nick2 Member Posts: 40
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    Is the skip/fast-forward bug fixed?
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 11:54PM
    Nick2 said:

Is the skip/fast-forward bug fixed?

No, it's still there. Piers said in the other thread that the fix would take "a couple of months" to get out, so it will have missed this update.
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM
    Does this update fix the Audio Crackling on HD channels?
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Well the delete confirmation's return is welcome though I'd still prefer a recycle bin.
  • [removed][removed] Member Posts: 282
    edited 10 March 2017, 12:54AM
    Still no padding
  • parneyparney Member Posts: 89
    edited 20 March 2017, 5:24PM
    Nice to see the updates keep coming and that YouView have listened to the requests for a delete confirmation.No BFIS fix though! ahhh.
  • Special AgentSpecial Agent Member Posts: 1
    edited 19 March 2017, 10:46PM
    What about the Talktalk Huwei boxes? Will they receive an update soon?
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 11:55PM

What about the Talktalk Huwei boxes? Will they receive an update soon?

"The software will be available on YouView boxes from TalkTalk shortly afterwards."
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 163 ✭✭
    edited 19 February 2013, 6:27PM
    parney said:

Nice to see the updates keep coming and that YouView have listened to the requests for a delete confirmation.No BFIS fix though! ahhh.

What is BFIS?
  • parneyparney Member Posts: 89
    edited 19 February 2013, 6:45PM
    parney said:

Boot failure: invalid signature which basically means the box needs to be replaced
  • drhowellsdrhowells Member Posts: 634 ✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 6:21PM
    [removed] said:

Still no padding

I don't think anyone from YouView has actually said that Padding will be coming at all.
  • edited 19 February 2013, 7:13PM
    [removed] said:

Still no padding

drhowells

Indeed, the most I've seen them say is that it was being considered but wouldn't be quick or simple to implement. And that was 4-5 months ago.
  • Rich BroadbentRich Broadbent Member Posts: 3
    edited 19 February 2013, 10:39PM
    Tonight I started the software update. It reached 62% and then stayed there for about 30 mins. Convinced it had crashed I reset the box. Now it won't start up - the front display says, "Please Wait" while the screen remains on the HUMAX logo. Anyone any ideas how to get the box working again?
  • edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Hi Rich

You should never reset the box during an update. Sadly you will probably have to carry out a reset of the box:

http://videos.youview.com/support/mai...
  • Rich BroadbentRich Broadbent Member Posts: 3
    edited 23 February 2013, 2:12AM
    Thanks Martin - I went into maintenance mode and tried the internet/usb recovery, keep recordings option but it failed. I then tried a software reset and now I get Boot fail. Invalid signature....i think its goosed. Will call Humax in the morning...although its a trial box so not sure where I stand.

Cheers,
    Rich
  • northernnorthern Member Posts: 241
    edited 22 February 2017, 6:07PM
    Update took only couple of minutes to download ,like the return of delete option.
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 19 February 2013, 9:59PM

Thanks Martin - I went into maintenance mode and tried the internet/usb recovery, keep recordings option but it failed. I then tried a software reset and now I get Boot fail. Invalid signature....i think its goosed. Will call Humax in the morning...although its a trial box so not sure where I stand.

Cheers,
    Rich

Hi Rich, Humax will replace a trial box with Boot Fail Invalid Signature, they just require the email from YouView which confirmed your status as a triallist.
  • CeejayCeejay Member Posts: 178 ✭✭
    edited 16 June 2013, 3:15PM
    hooray - got the update immediately this time. wonder if the box freeze issues have been improved?
  • Mike2Mike2 Member Posts: 144
    edited 12 July 2014, 6:24PM
    only things I want to see fixed now are the following

'your channels have been updated message' - this happens randomly (ie can watch something then turn the box off, then an hour later turn it on and get the above message) even when no channels updates have happened

YM104 error, which again is random and believe this to be an issue with the unit itself as whenever get this I have previously accessed something on demand or pressed the info or youview button.
  • David DrizenDavid Drizen Member Posts: 183
    edited 19 February 2013, 10:39PM

Tonight I started the software update. It reached 62% and then stayed there for about 30 mins. Convinced it had crashed I reset the box. Now it won't start up - the front display says, "Please Wait" while the screen remains on the HUMAX logo. Anyone any ideas how to get the box working again?

Strangly when my box got 62% the box appeared to freeze for a couple of mins and then luckly carried on.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 21 February 2013, 4:51PM
    "An improvement to the Audio description volume level when viewing HD channels"

In my view I think you have gone a tad too far the other way now and it is a little too quiet compared to my other sources. Back it up halfway and it would be ideal. This is over the SPDIF optical connection through an AV amp.
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017, 3:05PM
    Good to see that the regular updates continue, although nothing too eye-catching this time.

Pleased to note that the delete feature for the hard-of-thinking is an opt-in.
  • lloydoflondonlloydoflondon Member Posts: 296
    edited 7 August 2017, 12:17AM
    New software downloaded and no problems at all over here.

Although the only 'improvement' I can see is the reinstatement of the "confirmation of delete recording" option. I've now tested it on all my recordings and yes it does work on all of them. I have successfully confirmed that I did press the delete button. Now where's that recording of Sons of Anarchy. Oh! doggy doos, 100% free space available? How did that happen.
  • John7John7 Member Posts: 57
    edited 20 February 2013, 10:06AM
    Can't wait to get this new release if only for the delete confirmation option - someone in this house is rather impatient with the delete button!
  • Alex BAlex B Member Posts: 4
    edited 20 February 2013, 10:37AM
    Good to see an update, although it is very small. Lets finally see some IPTV channels in the main guide... come on youview be brave get those techies working overtime.
  • john gittosjohn gittos Member Posts: 21
    edited 3 January 2014, 6:01AM
    I just tried to update my software but it told me I had the latest version yet that version on my screen was not up to date according to this email , should I just wait .
  • CiceroCicero Member Posts: 345
    edited 20 February 2013, 12:16PM

I just tried to update my software but it told me I had the latest version yet that version on my screen was not up to date according to this email , should I just wait .

Yes John, it's a staggered rollout.
  • woodsmanukwoodsmanuk Member Posts: 34
    edited 20 February 2013, 12:21PM

Some pedant once told me I had the 'latest software available to me'

Yes that's right because it's been withheld, and I just had to suck it up 'paraphrasing'.

If I remember correctly I got the last update a week or so after release. Rather annoyingly I'm not able to do a manual update either, again,, for some reason,,,
  • twelve stockstwelve stocks Member Posts: 33
    edited 20 February 2013, 12:24PM
    redchiz said:

Good to see that the regular updates continue, although nothing too eye-catching this time.

Pleased to note that the delete feature for the hard-of-thinking is an opt-in.

No need to patronise. Clearly there are a large number of users not as clever as you.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    Hi Tanja,

Confused about the new update.

System Information shows Last Updated 20th Feb 2013.
    However
    Manufacturer Software ..................... (that's right - it is a blank line)
    Component Software is 1.2.6
    Platform Configuration is 312
    ISP Configuration 1

Under Device Management my box shows 8 menu items.
    The 2nd item - Software Update shows Last Updated 20th Feb 2013 (...today)
    There is no item, as suggested, for 'Delete Recordings Confirmation'.

Any ideas?