Automatic software update February 2013

Comments

• RobinGrayRobinGray Member Posts: 6
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    Yes, 10.4.0. I updated it myself yesterday and that is the date shown.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 2 December 2016, 8:27PM

OK. Seems similar to my problem, except my box is not showing ANY Manufacturer Software version - just a blank. However, all other information is the same as yours - says updated, but no update versions shown, nor any of the update features available. I think we have a problem, Houston ....
  • David DrizenDavid Drizen Member Posts: 183
    edited 22 February 2013, 5:36PM

Hello,

My box appears to have picked the new update (10.4.0), however these numbers are different:

Component Software: 1.3.4 - mine is 1.2.6
    Platform configuration: 332 - mine is 312
    ISP Configuration: 1 - mine is 27

I do not have the confirm deletion option, either. I have YouView via BT.

Thanks.

The last two lines can be diffirent ( platform config & ISP) but component should be 1.3.4
  • Colin HaltonColin Halton Member Posts: 1
    edited 22 February 2013, 7:12PM
    Martin1 said:

Hi Rich

You should never reset the box during an update. Sadly you will probably have to carry out a reset of the box:

http://videos.youview.com/support/mai...

If a reset HAS to be carried out, all recordings are wiped, i.e. the hard drive is formatted. Could you find a way of preventing this as is possible on the Fox T2?

Thanks - Colin
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 1:56PM
    Martin1 said:

Hi Rich

You should never reset the box during an update. Sadly you will probably have to carry out a reset of the box:

http://videos.youview.com/support/mai...

There is a non-destructive way of attempting a reset before the ultimate wipe-everything solution, which is what Martin helpfully provided a link to above.
  • Philip Bruce JohnsonPhilip Bruce Johnson Member Posts: 1
    edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    my YouView box has software vs 9.5 and update search says it is up to date!
  • edited 22 February 2013, 8:02PM

my YouView box has software vs 9.5 and update search says it is up to date!

Yes, it's up to date with the latest version available to you at this moment. The roll-out is phased and always tales a week or so to complete.
  • Mel BrindleMel Brindle Member Posts: 1
    edited 22 February 2013, 8:03PM
    [removed] said:

Still no padding

with ITV Padding is a must
  • George RuscoeGeorge Ruscoe Member Posts: 1
    edited 17 February 2017, 1:01PM
    Immediately after the last update, I thought: Why is the default on the "Y" button "Guide", when we already have a Guide button to get that up. The first thing I want to do is to look at My recordings, or Selected programmes to record; and every time I press Y, I then have to go Left, before I can Load the list. Having failed to point this out then, I am doing so now, even though I haven't yet checked if I have this version yet. Perhaps it could be added next time.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 November 2016, 11:55AM

Immediately after the last update, I thought: Why is the default on the "Y" button "Guide", when we already have a Guide button to get that up. The first thing I want to do is to look at My recordings, or Selected programmes to record; and every time I press Y, I then have to go Left, before I can Load the list. Having failed to point this out then, I am doing so now, even though I haven't yet checked if I have this version yet. Perhaps it could be added next time.

George

It's always worth searching topics (box top right of page) and a search for "youview button" reveals this...

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • Clive ProsserClive Prosser Member Posts: 1
    edited 23 February 2013, 12:52AM

Any news on the ITV player, when is it going to be available? Also we live in Northern Ireland where we have to use the UTV player, will that also be available please. Regards Clive
  • Lbear2Lbear2 Member Posts: 55
    edited 23 February 2013, 2:12AM

Thanks Martin - I went into maintenance mode and tried the internet/usb recovery, keep recordings option but it failed. I then tried a software reset and now I get Boot fail. Invalid signature....i think its goosed. Will call Humax in the morning...although its a trial box so not sure where I stand.

Cheers,
    Rich

And, by the way, the email the delivery company sent you to confirm the date of delivery. That's when the Humax warranty runs from. Interesting to see what you get now the have introduced the fancy slimline model.
  • joe0543joe0543 Member Posts: 2
    edited 17 November 2013, 7:05PM
    Hi
    Does this update solve the sound problem,If not, when are they going to sort this out. I am sick of reaching for the volume button.some times I think I am going deaf and other times the sound wakes the neighbours if I do not turn it down fast enough This seems to be more of a problem on HD, and when playing back recorded programmes, My TV sound is now set at 70,(was 25) to allow a reasonable sound level through the youview box which can be anything from 10 upto 65 depending on what I am watching. I have to ask myself is this box (HUMAX) fit for purpose, sometimes I feel like binning it, Apart from the sound problem, alls well, I can put up with the other small problems,
    Advise please
    Joe
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Member Posts: 772
    edited 23 February 2013, 11:23AM
    joe0543 said:

Hi
    Does this update solve the sound problem,If not, when are they going to sort this out. I am sick of reaching for the volume button.some times I think I am going deaf and other times the sound wakes the neighbours if I do not turn it down fast enough This seems to be more of a problem on HD, and when playing back recorded programmes, My TV sound is now set at 70,(was 25) to allow a reasonable sound level through the youview box which can be anything from 10 upto 65 depending on what I am watching. I have to ask myself is this box (HUMAX) fit for purpose, sometimes I feel like binning it, Apart from the sound problem, alls well, I can put up with the other small problems,
    Advise please
    Joe

Have you tried setting the HDMI sound output to surround? That will fix the sound level so that you can just use the TV to control the sound.
  • john gittosjohn gittos Member Posts: 21
    edited 3 January 2014, 6:01AM
    Joe0543 when you say is this box fit for purpose I too am asking myself the same question , the problems we are asking this new update to sort out are not that demanding and some may say should have been there from the outset .I get the impression with this box we are still part of the trials which is fine if you didn't pay good money for it .Even when they announce updates they don't even go to plan as all the emails in the past couple of days have shown .
  • Tony ChapmanTony Chapman Member Posts: 1
    edited 23 February 2013, 12:06PM
    Will there ever be an update to support USB or Network access to archive recordings to external storage ?
  • RobinGrayRobinGray Member Posts: 6
    edited 20 October 2016, 6:31PM

I have the AD volume adjustment. Can't tell whether the other changes are there, but definitely no confirm deletion option.
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Hi Tony

While this is a popular request and could be very useful to ensure recordings aren't lost if one has to reset a box, YouView hasn't announced any plans to do add it.

As UK copyright law doesn't allow for longterm storage of recordings, and YouView is part-owned by 4 of the UK's biggest broadcasters and content owners who have a vested interested in not extending viewers' rights beyond what the law allows, my personal suspicion is this is a feature we're unlikely to see added.

Which isn't to say I wouldn't find it useful or a welcome addition.
  • [removed][removed] Member Posts: 282
    edited 17 November 2013, 7:05PM
    >> As UK copyright law doesn't allow for longterm storage of recordings, and YouView is part-owned by 4 of the UK's biggest broadcasters and content owners who have a vested interested in not extending viewers' rights beyond what the law allows, my personal suspicion is this is a feature we're unlikely to see added.

Martin, I am sick of reading you banging on about UK copyright law. Exactly how lon is one allowed to keep a recording for? Also who gives a **** about Uk copyright law aqpart from you?
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Member Posts: 772
    edited 23 February 2013, 1:13PM
    [removed] said:

>> As UK copyright law doesn't allow for longterm storage of recordings, and YouView is part-owned by 4 of the UK's biggest broadcasters and content owners who have a vested interested in not extending viewers' rights beyond what the law allows, my personal suspicion is this is a feature we're unlikely to see added.

Martin, I am sick of reading you banging on about UK copyright law. Exactly how lon is one allowed to keep a recording for? Also who gives a **** about Uk copyright law aqpart from you?

The law doesn't specify how long you can keep a recording for. It allows you to record a programme for viewing at a "more convenient time". When that more convenient time happens to be isn't specified. I'm sure the broadcasters really don't give a monkies how long you keep a recording for, and quite rightly.
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    I agree Geraint but Martin is forever lecturing about the evils of keeping a recording. It is really becoming boring now.
  • edited 23 February 2013, 1:21PM
    [removed] said:

>> Martin, I am sick of reading you banging on about UK copyright law

I didn't 'bang on' I explained why I didn't think it would be added despite it being a useful feature and a welcome addition if it was implemented.

Not for the first time, you've chosen to ignore my clearly stated expressions of interest in having the feature available in order to launch yet another of your increasingly tiresome attacks on me and attempt to tell me what I am and am not allowed to say.
  • edited 23 February 2013, 1:38PM
    [removed] said:

I agree Geraint but Martin is forever lecturing about the evils of keeping a recording. It is really becoming boring now.

>> I agree Geraint but Martin is forever lecturing about the evils of keeping a recording. It is really becoming boring now.

Never said it was evil, I explained why I didn't think it would happen, not why or that it shouldn't happen.

In addition I said the feature "could be very useful to ensure recordings aren't lost if one has to reset a box" and closed my post with "Which isn't to say I wouldn't find it useful or a welcome addition."

You seem to be having some reading, comprehension or honesty issues this morning that leads you to stripping out those parts of the post in order to attack me.
    >> You seem to be having some reading, comprehension or honesty issues this morning that leads you to stripping out those parts of the post in order to attack me.

Not at all just fed up with your holier than thou posts about Copyright Laws. How many times roughly have you banged on about it 10, 15 who knows?
  • edited 23 February 2013, 3:08PM
    [removed] said:

>> You seem to be having some reading, comprehension or honesty issues this morning that leads you to stripping out those parts of the post in order to attack me.

Not at all just fed up with your holier than thou posts about Copyright Laws. How many times roughly have you banged on about it 10, 15 who knows?

Again the dishonest, deliberate and wilful non-comprehension.

As has now been stated several times, I think it would be a good feature, I just don't think it'll happen.

Rather than just blandly state that I didn't think it would happen I explained why I held that view - i.e. that I suspect the broadcasters would block it - and made clear the feature was useful and one I would welcome being added.

That's incompatible with your claims that I was "lecturing about the evils of keeping a recording" or making "holier than thou posts about Copyright Laws."

I never mentioned evil, I didn't suggest support for the current copyright laws, and it's simply not possible for a post that says I'd use the requested feature to be "holier than thou" against the person suggesting the feature.

Andy, I have no idea why but you are clearly pursuing a very deliberate, dishonest, wilful campaign of attacks on me.

And I say it's deliberate because it's simply impossible for anyone to honestly distort the comments I made to Tony as an attack on, or lecture to, anyone wanting the feature because, and here it is again as you pretend to lack the comprehension, I would find it a useful and welcome addition to the service.

And of course the snarky little attacks aren't just limited to this thread, in at least one more thread today you came into a discussion where the OP was perfectly happy with the advice given in order to make a sarky little remark about me:

http://community.youview.com/youview/...

I really think you need to get over this frankly unhealthy obsession you have with me.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    I am posting my honest view, and do not, in any way, wish to upset either of you. However, whilst I have enjoyed many of each of your posts, Martin and Andy, I must honestly say that I find these sort of spats both uninformative and unhelpful to me personally, and somewhat tiresome, They also do not provide me with the sort of experience I wish to have on this forum. Can I suggest that you both contact the Youview team requesting an exchange of emails, and then you can continue your arguments in private.
  • edited 26 September 2013, 8:33AM
    Hi CW

No upset caused to me by your remarks, but I do find the wilful distorting of people's comments as tiresome as you've found my need to challenge them and being confronted with that level of deliberate dishonesty is far from the experience I wish to have on the forum.

Nothing in my original comment to Tony expresses intolerance, a belief of "evil" or suggestion of wrongdoing for wanting to preserve recordings and I clearly said in that post, and subsequently, that I'd find the feature useful.

It's impossible to find something useful and be against it.

Yet still the nonsense continues.
  • John WebbJohn Webb Member Posts: 83
    edited 23 February 2013, 4:11PM
    Children children, please!
    I'm sorry but everybody knows about copyright laws and everybody keeps recordings regardless, therefore it is irrelevent to this Forum to be constantly reminded about something that the majority of people ignore.

Martin it is not personal but it would be more useful if you answered people's problems without sounding like the solicitor general.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 23 February 2013, 5:53PM
    If everybody *did* know about copyright laws there would be no need to keep telling them why they stand in the way of archiving recordings to external storage.