Automatic software update February 2013

12346»

Comments

• churchwardenchurchwarden Member Posts: 795
    edited 2 December 2016, 8:27PM

Hi Tanja,

Confused about the new update.

System Information shows Last Updated 20th Feb 2013.
    However
    Manufacturer Software ..................... (that's right - it is a blank line)
    Component Software is 1.2.6
    Platform Configuration is 312
    ISP Configuration 1

Under Device Management my box shows 8 menu items.
    The 2nd item - Software Update shows Last Updated 20th Feb 2013 (...today)
    There is no item, as suggested, for 'Delete Recordings Confirmation'.

Any ideas?

Software Updated: 26th February - no update
  • AnotherJohnHAnotherJohnH Member Posts: 36
    edited 26 August 2015, 4:39PM
    Updated overnight, and delete recording confirmation is there.
    Enabled it, and it works too.

Behaviour of the box seems a bit different though:

selecting "back" after stopping playback plonks you at root, rather than still being in the programme specific folder the recording you were watching is in (which is what it used to do AFAIR).

So to delete that (now watched and finished with) recording you have to go back into the folder you were in, which is unnecessary button pressing, and an irritation.

I'll try and remember to watch what happens carefully next time, just to make sure I haven't done something silly.....
  • Stuart1Stuart1 Member Posts: 11
    edited 26 February 2013, 11:27PM
    BT box updated manually last night and all working
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 14 August 2017, 9:15AM
    I hate to rain on the parade but since my box updated the really frustrating delays in changing channels have become much worse than before. The worst delays are when the box changes from DVB-T to DVB-T2 or from a full bandwidth SD station to a low bandwidth channel like BBC Parliament or BBC 3/4 when they are not broadcasting programming but the MPEG slides.

Update: a power down/up cycle seems to have solved the problem but do I seriously have to do this twice a week to stop the box getting constipated?
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 27 February 2013, 6:42PM

selecting "back" after stopping playback plonks you at root, rather than still being in the programme specific folder the recording you were watching is in (which is what it used to do AFAIR).

So to delete that (now watched and finished with) recording you have to go back into the folder you were in, which is unnecessary button pressing, and an irritation.

I'll try and remember to watch what happens carefully next time, just to make sure I haven't done something silly.....

Did you start playback from the Unwatched Recordings list? That will do what you describe as the recording you have just watched is no longer unwatched.
  • paulusthewoodgnomepaulusthewoodgnome Member Posts: 19
    edited 28 February 2013, 1:47AM
    Lbear1 said:

I hate to rain on the parade but since my box updated the really frustrating delays in changing channels have become much worse than before. The worst delays are when the box changes from DVB-T to DVB-T2 or from a full bandwidth SD station to a low bandwidth channel like BBC Parliament or BBC 3/4 when they are not broadcasting programming but the MPEG slides.

Update: a power down/up cycle seems to have solved the problem but do I seriously have to do this twice a week to stop the box getting constipated?

No idea what kind of DVB I'm changing from or to but I also regularly experience lags of up to 30 seconds or more. Sometimes the screen stays black and silent before switching channel. Other times the screen stays black 10-20 seconds, then the audio shows up, eventually followed by the new channel. Occasionally, the channel change never happens at all. Just endless, silent blackness. V. annoying. Please fix YouView.

Fwiw, I have a BT box.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 28 February 2013, 2:12AM
    Lbear1 said:

DVB-T2 is the second generation and is used in the UK for the HD broadcasts and the SD relay of Soarview (Eire's Freeview) in Northern Ireland. On the mainland, future new services may well also use T2 and in the very long term all broadcasts will likely use it. All receivers are "backward compatible" to DVB-T and countries only now moving to digital are increasingly opting for this latest version - as an example, you cannot import any DVB-T equipment into Kenya as the whole of the Southern Africa Development Council is to use T2.

DVB-T is the first generation version introduced at the end of the 1990s and used for the standard definition Freeview services and in some European countries for HD broadcasts.

The "T" bit is for "terrestrial", one of three "flavours" of DVB currently used for TV. The others are DVB-S and -S2 used for satellite broadcasts and DVB-C used for cable.

BTW, this is a known problem with Humax boxes - see http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    The only thing is the latest update seems to have made this and the failed recordings problems worse with my box.
  • paulusthewoodgnomepaulusthewoodgnome Member Posts: 19
    edited 28 February 2013, 2:37AM
    Lbear1 said:

Thanks for the explanation and for highlighting the appropriate thread.
  • AnotherJohnHAnotherJohnH Member Posts: 36
    edited 26 August 2015, 4:39PM

No. I started from the folder containing episodes of a programme. Watched one progamme in a folder, stopped at the end and pressed back. That used to take you back into to the folder, with the episode you had been watching selected. Press delete straight away without having to reselect.
    Not at the recordings list which contains the episode folders.

EDIT - I've just tried again, carefully, and it all worked as expected.
    GOK what happened that made me think the box was different after the update.. Perhaps a senior moment....