Radio EPG

PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM in Archived Posts
Separate radio from vision and have a separate radio list -- to include all the Freeview radio stations (with a week's catchup where available), but also selected internet radio stations in the EPG.

This would be particularly helpful for making it easy to access UK radio stations such as Resonance 104.4 FM, which can't afford the high cost of being present on Freeview or DAB.

Comments

• alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM
    I wonder how hard it would be to give us an EPG slot(s) but let us choose our own URL.

I'm sure Resonance 104.4 FM is wonderful but not everyone wants the same thing.
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 15 March 2013, 1:57PM
    I think most EPG owners charge a fee to broadcasters who want to appear on the EPG. Which stations wanted to apply would be up to the stations, and the allocation of space would be up to YouView. User-controlled slots probably not an option, I'm guessing.
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM
    I only mentioned EPG to stick with your idea. I'd be just as happy with an internet radio app.

But as you said in the other thread the EPG thing is what makes Youview.

btw In case it's not clear; I'm agreeing with you with regards to accessing internet radio.
  • PPP QQQPPP QQQ Member Posts: 857
    edited 15 March 2013, 2:49PM
    Thanks, Al.

I'd really like to see internet radio in the EPG, because then I could easily see what was going to be on, and set reminders so as not to miss programmes I particularly wanted to hear.

On the other hand, since I posted the suggestion it's occurred to me that being in the EPG might not be that attractive to the internet stations, if it meant their programmes could be recorded.