Automatic software update April 2013

Comments

• Andy BushAndy Bush Member Posts: 64
    edited 19 September 2017, 6:05AM
    I may haven't missed something but the display on the front of my Humax box has stopped displaying anything, after the update. I have checked through settings but can't find anything. Any suggestions?
  • Carl AldertonCarl Alderton Member Posts: 19
    edited 31 July 2013, 5:07PM
    Been trying to manually download this update for days on my retail Humax box to be told each time that I had the most up to date version available. So I decided instead to switch it off at the back and then on again to force a full reset. Once it was back up I again tried the manual download and mysteriously it found it this time. Not sure if this is a bug that's been mentioned before but thought I'd report it.
  • Chris DennisChris Dennis Member Posts: 7
    edited 30 April 2013, 9:08PM
    Since the update channel 4 hangs most of the time.
  • MunsMuns Member Posts: 12
    edited 26 February 2014, 3:04PM
    Box says last updated 23 April, shows old system information and does an update check every night. I have started to wonder I can't update. Is this a problem?
  • ant davanzoant davanzo Member Posts: 9
    edited 4 May 2013, 11:24AM
    Still not had an update yet with BT
    edited 4 May 2013, 11:27AM
    I should add that I am showing
    Manufacturer software 12.7.0
    Component software 1.3.4
    Platform 332
    ISP 27
    Last update was 30th April ?? Not too sure what's going on but my ff issue is still there ad there is no filter. Please advise, thanks
  • MunsMuns Member Posts: 12
    edited 26 February 2014, 3:04PM
    I am showing:
    Manufacturer Software: 10.6.0
    Component software: 1.3.4
    Platform config: 332
    ISP config: 27
    edited 4 May 2013, 11:46AM
    I wonder why mine has the new software version but everything else is old? I mean none of the listed updates are apparent on my box
  • drhowellsdrhowells Member Posts: 634 ✭✭
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    There is still a few days until the rollout is officially meant to be complete, so I wouldn't worry yet about not getting the update.
    edited 4 May 2013, 12:19PM
    Thanks David, do you not think its a little odd that my software is up to date but the rest is not?
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 1:13PM
    Hi Ant. It is odd and our team + Humax are looking into it today. We're confident that you'll be upgraded correctly in the near future, but it might take slightly longer than the 2 weeks we stated in our announcement. We'll post again here when we've tracked down the cause.
    edited 4 May 2013, 12:57PM
    Hi Piers, thanks for such a swift reply. My other youview box crashed with the update but Bt are coming out today to fix. Thanks for the update and keep up the fan work, youview is one of the best gadgets ever.
  • Michael4Michael4 Member Posts: 23
    edited 5 May 2013, 8:48PM
    Hello,

Just to add to the message left by Andy Bush....My display screen on the front of the Humax Box has gone off as well

Very annoying as i cant see info re times etc when watching on demand or recorded items....or even knowing which channel im watching

is there a fix for this please

has anyone else noticed this ? cant be just 2 of us surely
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Hi Michael - To clear the problem with the display on the front of Humax boxes going blank after the update the box just needs a power cycle, i.e. put it in to standby, turn it off at the back for 20 seconds and then turn it back on (or touch the blue circle for about 8 seconds to achieve the same effect).
    edited 5 May 2013, 9:14PM
    Thanks Keith I will give it a try
    edited 5 May 2013, 9:28PM
    Keith1 said:

Hi Michael - To clear the problem with the display on the front of Humax boxes going blank after the update the box just needs a power cycle, i.e. put it in to standby, turn it off at the back for 20 seconds and then turn it back on (or touch the blue circle for about 8 seconds to achieve the same effect).

Keith...Thanks, that worked a treat...display back up and running...thanks again
  • Adrian KeelingAdrian Keeling Member Posts: 6
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Hi,

I've got a retail youview box, and broadband provided by Plusnet. Following the update, I've now got a BT option in the menu, anybody got any idea why, as I'm not a BT subscriber?

A possibly related issue I've had is an IP address conflict, when trying to surf the net following the update I was getting a BT home hub access denied message from certain devices. The only way I could fix this was to log into my router and change it's IP address. I've no idea how this could happen as I thought the network this side of my fibre modem would be separate from anyone else's.

Ady
  • Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Member Posts: 367
    edited 11 December 2016, 10:58AM

Hi,

I've got a retail youview box, and broadband provided by Plusnet. Following the update, I've now got a BT option in the menu, anybody got any idea why, as I'm not a BT subscriber?

A possibly related issue I've had is an IP address conflict, when trying to surf the net following the update I was getting a BT home hub access denied message from certain devices. The only way I could fix this was to log into my router and change it's IP address. I've no idea how this could happen as I thought the network this side of my fibre modem would be separate from anyone else's.

Ady

I once had my box say something about Talk Talk briefly, I'm on AOL..

What BT option do you have and does it work..
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM

Hi,

Ady

Hi Ady

A bunch of confusions indeed. Firstly, Plusnet are owned by BT, though they are supposed to be run separately.

But if you put a retail box on a BT line, it will pick up BT branding. So you need to ask Plusnet how separate they keep things from BT; perhaps not separate enough?

But did they give you a BT home hub, or had you got one of old, or do you not have one at all, and yet you are getting messages as if you had?

If Plusnet gave you some other router, but you are using a BT home hub instead, perhaps this is enough to misconvince BT that you are one of their subscribers?

Finally, with DCHP running, all your devices should get their (internal) IP addresses dynamically defined, though clashes can occur if a device is off when the router is assigning a new device an IP address, and then you turn on the original device to find you now have a duplicate, and the original device does not autonegotiate a new IP address with the router.

And if a device manages to get the same IP address as the router itself, this gets really problematic. But it should be enough to power cycle the router, which should refresh and resolve any duplicate IP addresses on your internal network, at least for networked devices that are listening.

This problem has been all in your internal network, though; you wouldn't be allowed to change the external, Internet-facing IP address of your router, but only its internal, local, IP address on your network.

Manually assigning the router a new internal IP address has resolved things here for you, but normally you might not know which internal IP addresses are already in use (which is where we came in) so choosing one can be something of a shot in the dark.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Tim WaltersTim Walters Member Posts: 9
    edited 6 May 2013, 11:37AM

Hi,

Ady

You really need to setup your FIXED IP addressed OUTSIDE the scope assigned by your DHCP server.
  • James LostJames Lost Member Posts: 111
    edited 5 January 2014, 2:19PM
    Thank you for the update, the refined 'now and next' function works very well.
    edited 6 May 2013, 4:17PM

Hi,

Ady

Hi all,

The software has actually updated again, and the bt branding has now disappeared, so all seems well.

The IP address clash seemed to be between my router and someone else's as both had the ip 192.168.1.254, which is a common router IP. I changed my router to end in 250 and all my connected devices have static IPs assigned with their gateway set to the new router IP. I can still see this BT home hub on the network though, which is strange as it isn't mine, I have Netgear kit.

Ady
  • Tim WaltersTim Walters Member Posts: 9
    edited 6 May 2013, 4:29PM

Hi,

Ady

It would be possible, in this case that there are two DHCP servers trying to assign IP addresses to clients. I personally use static IP as then know exactly what's going on and where!

HTTP'ing to this rougue router (.254) might give you some idea as to who/where/what is it and, more importantly, sort out a worrying security hole in your setup.
    edited 6 May 2013, 9:04PM

Hi,

Ady

I've worked out the source of the problem, it seems that power line adapters are linking me into a neighbour's network, just need to put security on them to sort things out.

Thans for all the advice.

Ady
    edited 7 May 2013, 11:23AM
    Hi Piers, just to let you know that the update still has not worked BUT is showing the info below

Manufacturer software 12.7.0
    Component software 1.3.4
    Platform 332
    ISP 27
  • RachelRachel Member Posts: 46
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:35PM
    Hi Ady

It would be really helpful if you could contact the support team so we can look into this further for you. Could you provide your IP address and software versions with this contact.

You can find their details here: http://www.youview.com/support/kb/use...

Many thanks
  • RachelRachel Member Posts: 46
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:36PM

Hi,

Ady

Thanks for letting us know about the powerline adaptors picking up the wrong network
    Hi Ant. We are aware of that specific problem on a few boxes, and it will get sorted soon. It's looks like you're on a BT ISP line. Was the box from BT directly or retail?
    edited 7 May 2013, 1:50PM
    Hi Piers, I got the box from BT directly. Hope this helps?
    Thanks. It's just useful to know for our notes. All I can say is that you will get the update, hopefully in a couple of weeks - but I can't say exactly when as we have a few changes to make to software management system to deal with this. Sorry that we can't be more specific right now.