Last checked/updated timestamp bug

gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
edited 23 February 2017, 2:13PM in Archived Posts
This seems to have been introduced with the latest firmware update last week. It now *always* says last updated with the current date.

Comments

• sam1sam1 Posts: 1,182Member ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 10:47AM
    Not here. Last updated 21 May.
  • PiersPiers Posts: 561Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 February 2017, 2:13PM
    gomez - based on what you're seeing today, or based on checking in settings *every* day? there are a couple of reasons why it could say updated today which wouldn't point to a new bug. I'll try explain if you can provide some more info to help:

What ISP are you on? And what are the software and config versions shown in "settings -> system information"?

thanks.
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 28 May 2013, 4:01PM
    Trial box now on BT since last Thursday. Currently showing:-

Was showing the current date on the day of the last firmware release *before* it installed, the next day and today so three days out of three checked and three days out six altogether.
    BT updated their config several times to help us track down the software update problem that we experienced during the April roll-out. It your BT box is showing as updated last night/this morning, it should take the May update tonight/tomorrow.

-edit- But gomez - I've just typed that without reading the versions and you're on the latest software so of course nothing will change tonight. Others on 10.6.0, or 12.7.0 will update.
    It actually updated the firmware last week. Next day I moved ISP from O2 to BT and then it BT'ified itself by adding the BT option to the main menu (but note I do not have a BT TV subscription). Is now showing today's date.
    edited 17 November 2015, 4:18PM
    gomez said:

It actually updated the firmware last week. Next day I moved ISP from O2 to BT and then it BT'ified itself by adding the BT option to the main menu (but note I do not have a BT TV subscription). Is now showing today's date.

Yep. I edited my reply. The config update last night/this morning was to help the continued roll-out to BT boxes.
    edited 28 May 2013, 4:40PM
    gomez said:

TBH it would be less misleading to list / timestamp config updates separately. Or at least have a change log for us to check against.
    gomez said:

I agree. It's been raised by you and other and acknowledged in another thread.

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    Looked today and it is showing the last update as yesterday (for the BT config update) with the last check as today. So I am happy to have this topic marked as "Resolved".
    gomez said:

Looked today and it is showing the last update as yesterday (for the BT config update) with the last check as today. So I am happy to have this topic marked as "Resolved".

Thanks for letting us know. It might be some time before we can unbundle the config update date from the more useful software update date, and we've got to chat to several teams to get their feedback first. We'll keep you posted.