Automatic software update June 2013.

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
edited 6 August 2017, 11:18PM in Announcements
New software for the YouView Humax box is now available for Retail and BT customers. This will be a phased roll out over the next few weeks, so some boxes will receive this software sooner than others. For more information for your BT YouView box please visit: www.bt.com/help/youview.

This software introduces enhancements to channel filters in the guide and the Timeshift playback bar:

• Enhancements to the guide include the ability to remove the currently set channel filter via the red button; Adult Channels will only appear in ‘Adult & Dating’ or in the ‘All Channels’ Filters
• Enhancements to the Timeshift playback bar include a new visual design for the playback bar; The playback time now follows the programme position marker when scrolling left or right; A Buffer time marker has been introduced at 5 minute intervals. The marker colour will alternate between grey and blue with each 5 minute interval; An “[HD]” icon will be displayed for HD channels.

This software also fixes the following reported issues:

• HDMI CEC TV standby-to-on and source selection feature not working as expected. (Further improvements to HDMI CEC to switch devices to standby/off may be included in a later release).
• Missing options when the (i) button is pressed on a recorded programme.
• Black/blank screen displayed when tuning to a channel with a recording in progress.
• Hidden channels being displayed in the EPG.
• Inability to see More Episodes/ Series within On Demand.
• Failure to detect an HD programme being broadcast at a different time whilst scheduling recordings.
• Action Panel showing items in the Film category with the incorrect type in the details tab.
(Note: we are aware of a remaining issue where a small number of films still show as "Programme" and this will be addressed in a later release).

You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to Settings > System Information > Software Versions.

For those boxes that have already received the update you will see the following:
Manufacturer Software: 13.4.0
Component Software: 1.6.0
Platform configuration: 490
ISP Configuration: (varies by ISP)

If your box displays different software versions, please be patient, this is a phased roll out so your box may not have received the update yet.

Comments

• Neil Bradford2Neil Bradford2 Member Posts: 1
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    Will this update be coming to the Talktalk Huawei youview boxes? Also we have still not had the April or May updates yet on the Huawei boxes. Thanks.
  • northernnorthern Member Posts: 241
    edited 22 February 2017, 5:07PM
    Got it , everything looks fine !
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 18 June 2013, 4:16PM
    Just updated but will be doing an extra soft reset to pre-empt problems with previous releases which seem to have problems (missed recordings, locking up) needing one doing.
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 9:47AM
    I like the new timeshift playback bar. :-)
  • drhowellsdrhowells Member Posts: 634 ✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 5:21PM

Will this update be coming to the Talktalk Huawei youview boxes? Also we have still not had the April or May updates yet on the Huawei boxes. Thanks.

It will be coming to Talk Talk, but as you said, they have not released the previous updates yet. Talk Talk do seem to be taking a while to get them out.
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 25 June 2013, 6:00PM
    Still no auto-switching fro the HDMI source on my TV, unfortunately.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 19 June 2013, 6:54AM
    Does you TV know it is supposed to auto-switch?
  • dvdjamesdvdjames Member Posts: 50
    edited 23 February 2017, 3:29PM
    Brilliant, another valuable update!
  • John7John7 Member Posts: 57
    edited 19 June 2013, 6:53AM
    Updated overnight and greeted by a bright pink screen this morning. A flick of the switch at the back of the unit seemed to sort it.

Not tried any of the features/fixes as last nights programs failed to start on time. Both programs (The Call Centre and the one about Routemasters) seemed to commence recording 53 mins into the broadcast!
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited 19 June 2013, 6:54AM
    gomez said:

Does you TV know it is supposed to auto-switch?

Yes
  • Andrew9Andrew9 Member Posts: 37
    edited 23 February 2017, 1:13PM
    This update appears to have fixed the issue with lost graphics for me when HDMI and Scart connected at the same time.

http://community.youview.com/youview/...

Can anyone else confirm? This is a Humax DTR-T1010. Previously, if I had HDMI connected then the on screen graphics (Guide, Menu, etc) would be missing on the Scart/Component connection.
  • Steve AllenSteve Allen Member Posts: 47
    edited 3 September 2013, 9:21PM
    Gomez probably has the right idea.
    Manually updated yesterday & all OK. Box in standby overnight (high eco mode) & this morning it would not switch on properly. Locked up at the second 'Nearly ready ...." stage.
    Would not respond to '8 sec' on button reset.
    Powered mains off and on, did the same thing.
    Powered off again, count to 30 and powered on & now OK.

Good update, though
    edited 25 September 2013, 9:47AM
    Not tried any of the features/fixes as last nights programs failed to start on time. Both programs (The Call Centre and the one about Routemasters) seemed to commence recording 53 mins into the broadcast!
    That doesn't sound good. This was before your box updated?
  • John7John7 Member Posts: 57
    edited 19 June 2013, 10:35AM
    sam1 said:

That doesn't sound good. This was before your box updated?Yes it was before the update, but seems part and parcel of being a Youview owner! Pretty annoying, but to be fair hasn't happened for a month or so.
  • Ian NihcajIan Nihcaj Member Posts: 9
    edited 19 June 2013, 12:47PM
    stuart621 said:

Still no auto-switching fro the HDMI source on my TV, unfortunately.

Mine never has either (Sony Bravia TV)
    edited 19 June 2013, 12:51PM
    It wont manually update on mine yet, but even when it does, I hope it introduces less bugs than the last one. The main one is black screen/no sound if I finish watching/delete a recorded programme when it is recording another one already, sometimes takes 20 to 30 minutes to come back, and of course if I reboot instead of waiting, it will lose the recording.
    edited 19 June 2013, 12:51PM

It wont manually update on mine yet, but even when it does, I hope it introduces less bugs than the last one. The main one is black screen/no sound if I finish watching/delete a recorded programme when it is recording another one already, sometimes takes 20 to 30 minutes to come back, and of course if I reboot instead of waiting, it will lose the recording.

Oh, I forgot, the other one is no sound when I turn it on after being off for a while such as overnight, comes back when I change channel!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 November 2015, 3:18PM
    Andrew9 said:

This update appears to have fixed the issue with lost graphics for me when HDMI and Scart connected at the same time.

Can anyone else confirm? This is a Humax DTR-T1010. Previously, if I had HDMI connected then the on screen graphics (Guide, Menu, etc) would be missing on the Scart/Component connection.

We haven't been notified by Humax that it's been fixed. Have you really seen it working? The thread you've mentioned a reply saying it's not fixed and it doesn't work for me.
  • Andrew9Andrew9 Member Posts: 37
    edited 19 June 2013, 8:14PM
    Andrew9 said:

Hi piers. Yes it is definitely working for me now. This was quite a big problem for me previously as I have a slingbox connected to the component out connection. Previously I had to disconnect the hdmi in order to get the graphical overlays on the slingbox output.

I am watching it now and can confirm it is fixed for me. I use it most nights to switch between two tvs so it is definitely something I would notice.

Keep up the great work. Let me know if you need any further details.
  • Wayne Bramley1Wayne Bramley1 Member Posts: 17
    edited 23 June 2013, 10:18AM
    No HDMI on my box since update, only scart :(
    All resets done besides the ones that destroyed my data, Nothing has worked...

• lloydoflondonlloydoflondon Member Posts: 296
    edited 6 August 2017, 11:17PM
    Updated all okay here two days ago.

Although I was a little surprised to see all those stations I hid previously reappear on the EPG. No great problem, that's what the Hide channels option is for on the guide.
    Hopefully this will stop those annoying sudden and intermittent freezes in the box that have occurred since that last update.
    Just looking forward to the July update. If the Youview programmers have not already given it a code name may I suggest elGordo ©
    edited 6 August 2017, 11:17PM
    Odd. My hidden channels stayed hidden.
    edited 8 December 2016, 11:25AM
    sam1 said:

And yet the problem, which I did not have, of hidden channels appearing the in the EPG was something the software update was to fix.
    Never-mind though, I've just had to re-hide them.
  • DaveG1DaveG1 Member Posts: 40
    edited 16 February 2015, 5:58PM

Yes Neil, still waiting like you. TalkTalk CS unresponsive. Current s/w is 12.27.0
  • Alan3Alan3 Member Posts: 22
    edited 21 June 2013, 2:30AM

Although I was a little surprised to see all those stations I hid previously reappear on the EPG. No great problem, that's what the Hide channels option is for on the guide.
    Hopefully this will stop those annoying sudden and intermittent freezes in the box that have occurred since that last update.
    Just looking forward to the July update. If the Youview programmers have not already given it a code name may I suggest elGordo ©

What is planned in the July update?
  • Steve AllenSteve Allen Member Posts: 47
    edited 21 June 2013, 9:04AM

Gomez probably has the right idea.
    Manually updated yesterday & all OK. Box in standby overnight (high eco mode) & this morning it would not switch on properly. Locked up at the second 'Nearly ready ...." stage.
    Would not respond to '8 sec' on button reset.
    Powered mains off and on, did the same thing.
    Powered off again, count to 30 and powered on & now OK.

Good update, though

Same thing has happened this morning - 2 days in a row. Never happened prior to this update.
  • DaveG1DaveG1 Member Posts: 40
    edited 16 February 2015, 5:58PM

Just received from TalkTalk following a tweet on when we might expect a software update from them: "We have no further information at present, once an update is available your YouView Box will automatically update #ttnathan

.. in other words #unhelpful

Hi Alan,

Read this thread for more information.

sam1 said:

Hidden Channels,

When I turned the box on this morning all those channels I had previously hid (those requiring the use of a premium rate phoneline) had reared their heads again. Most odd. I hope I don't have to keep hiding them every few days or so.
  • Wayne Bramley1Wayne Bramley1 Member Posts: 17
    edited 23 June 2013, 10:18AM

No HDMI on my box since update, only scart :(
    All resets done besides the ones that destroyed my data, Nothing has worked...

Destructive data done, didnt fix the issue but worked once this morning till i turned it off now back to square one.

SOFTWARE ISSUE! is what i reckon, was fine till this update.