Automatic software update June 2013.

2»

Comments

• radoxradox Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    Is there something different about the roll-out of the June software update from previous updates? It's just that with all previous updates I've been able to update manually within a day or so of learning about a new release on here. However with the June update I've still not been able to update. I know YouView always say that there is a phased roll-out of updates over a couple of weeks but I'm unsure why this has only affected me this time. Have I just been lucky before?

Stuart
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've been a wee bit paranoid over the last few days reading all this as I have been away from home, only returning today. After greeting my wife and two sons, one of the first questions I felt obliged to ask them was: "Has the TV been working OK?"

They looked at each other blankly and then at me and responded: "Yes, it's been fine, why do you ask?"

Ah, sweet mystery of life.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

I've been a wee bit paranoid over the last few days reading all this as I have been away from home, only returning today. After greeting my wife and two sons, one of the first questions I felt obliged to ask them was: "Has the TV been working OK?"

They looked at each other blankly and then at me and responded: "Yes, it's been fine, why do you ask?"

Now ask them 'Has the YouView box been working OK?' :-)
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    redchiz said:

You know what I mean!
  • Steve AllenSteve Allen Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013

Gomez probably has the right idea.
    Manually updated yesterday & all OK. Box in standby overnight (high eco mode) & this morning it would not switch on properly. Locked up at the second 'Nearly ready ...." stage.
    Would not respond to '8 sec' on button reset.
    Powered mains off and on, did the same thing.
    Powered off again, count to 30 and powered on & now OK.

Good update, though

Ok for one day, then the problem has occurred again this morning. Looking for a pattern, may be a coincidence but box was recording when placed in overnight standby. To confirm a Humax box.

Bit worried no one else appears to have this problem, although I note there are a couple of similar issues reported but not obviously the same.

As a point of interest, should I report this directly to YouView support or will issues such as this be picked up via this forum?
  • edited January 2015
    There is a date for the next software release from TalkTalk which hopefully will include this YouView update.
    See: http://community.youview.com/youview/...
  • radoxradox Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2013
    radox said:

Is there something different about the roll-out of the June software update from previous updates? It's just that with all previous updates I've been able to update manually within a day or so of learning about a new release on here. However with the June update I've still not been able to update. I know YouView always say that there is a phased roll-out of updates over a couple of weeks but I'm unsure why this has only affected me this time. Have I just been lucky before?

Stuart

Manual update worked today.
  • David EdmistonDavid Edmiston Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    stuart621 said:

Still no auto-switching fro the HDMI source on my TV, unfortunately.

Mine is a Sony Bravia and now works fine. Happy at last!
  • Ian NihcajIan Nihcaj Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2013
    stuart621 said:

Still no auto-switching fro the HDMI source on my TV, unfortunately.

I was so used to manually switching I hadn't tried it - just have and yes it works too! :-)
  • oayoay Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2017
    I have a BT-issued DTR-T1000 (Humax) box and it was only a few hours ago that I noticed my timeshift playback bar looked very different, so I checked my Software Version and having checked on this thread it looks like this new version has auto-installed.

So far so good, apart from the fact that over the last day or so, my remote has become very unresponsive if none of the buttons have been pressed for a minute or so. I need to keep pressing a button (any button!) repeatedly for about 5 seconds before it actually performs the action. Once it does perform its action, then the remote functions perfectly... until I've left it alone for another minute or so and then it behaves dead again... etc etc.

My educated guess (as I've never had this problem with the remote before) is that it is a result of this latest update (although of course I may be wrong).

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Mike HMike H Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Remote - Yes my one stopped working. Had to manually start humax box & then remote would work after 5 mins. It did this everytime. Recently changed batteries & it now works as a remote should. But I still have start-up issues, takes forever & keeps cutting out. Will not go into maintenance mode at start up. What a diabolical device!
    edited December 2016
    oay said:

I have a BT-issued DTR-T1000 (Humax) box and it was only a few hours ago that I noticed my timeshift playback bar looked very different, so I checked my Software Version and having checked on this thread it looks like this new version has auto-installed.

So far so good, apart from the fact that over the last day or so, my remote has become very unresponsive if none of the buttons have been pressed for a minute or so. I need to keep pressing a button (any button!) repeatedly for about 5 seconds before it actually performs the action. Once it does perform its action, then the remote functions perfectly... until I've left it alone for another minute or so and then it behaves dead again... etc etc.

My educated guess (as I've never had this problem with the remote before) is that it is a result of this latest update (although of course I may be wrong).

There's a couple of off-brand AAA batteries in there, and even if you haven't had the box long, there's no telling how long the batteries had been in storage before that.

If you have a battery or voltage tester, see what voltage they are giving. They should have started off at about 1.57, and hold near that pretty constantly until they start to be exhausted, so if they are anywhere below 1.4 now, swap them for fresh ones.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 855 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    oay said:

oay,

I had exactly the same issue (the give away is that the PVR button doesn't flash bright red when you are using the remote). Changing the batteries solved my problem.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • DavidBDavidB Member Posts: 69
    edited February 2017
    I am somewhat bemused, I have a BT YV box and it updated to the June update 13.4.0, 1.6.0, 490, ? just over a week ago.

I have recieved another update on 1 July, the only change is the ISP config this was changed to 36( I don't know what it was previously)

I recieved another update this morning 2 July and the only change was to the ISP config. it is now 28.

What exactly does this mean, or is it the gremlins playing a game?
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited September 2013
    The update referenced in this thread is a YouView update, applicable to all YouView boxes.

The config files come from your ISP and only apply to YouView boxes connected to that ISP.
  • Mark White1Mark White1 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    I have an ex BT trial box (although I have chnaged last week to another ISP) however prior to that my box updated to the BT led update and now shows
    Manufacturer Software : 14.0.0
    Component Software : 1.7.0
    I have not yet received the June update and have tried to update manually (I can normally get it quite early after release). Please can somebody confirm that the June update will still happen or do I need to do anything. The BT vision player has now dropped off as it must have identified I am no longer with BT
  • MattManMattMan Member Posts: 277
    edited June 2016

I have an ex BT trial box (although I have chnaged last week to another ISP) however prior to that my box updated to the BT led update and now shows
    I have not yet received the June update and have tried to update manually (I can normally get it quite early after release). Please can somebody confirm that the June update will still happen or do I need to do anything. The BT vision player has now dropped off as it must have identified I am no longer with BT

Mark, you might like to run the factory reset in maintenance mode see here for reference http://videos.youview.com/support/mai...

this might help.
  • Mark White1Mark White1 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013

Hi, thanks, have done this however it has still come back with the same configuration and still don't appear to have the features from the June update unless I am mistaken.
  • PeterDaviesPeterDavies Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Phil - I just bought a Humax DTR-T1010 and am brand new to YouView. Everything is working great with the box and the remote.

My problem is that I also use Slingbox. I can use the product just fine if I DO NOT have a HDMI cable plugged in. I am connected to the slingbox with a SCART cable.

When I have HDMI plugged in to connect to my TV, slingbox will view, you can change channels, but you cannot access any of the "blue button functions". You cannot see the channel content, access recordings, etc.

When you unplug HDMI it works just fine.

There were some comments in this thread that indicated this had been fixed but not in my case it appears. Both slingbox and humax box have the latest firmware installed.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited July 2013

Phil - I just bought a Humax DTR-T1010 and am brand new to YouView. Everything is working great with the box and the remote.

My problem is that I also use Slingbox. I can use the product just fine if I DO NOT have a HDMI cable plugged in. I am connected to the slingbox with a SCART cable.

When I have HDMI plugged in to connect to my TV, slingbox will view, you can change channels, but you cannot access any of the "blue button functions". You cannot see the channel content, access recordings, etc.

There were some comments in this thread that indicated this had been fixed but not in my case it appears. Both slingbox and humax box have the latest firmware installed.

This is a known problem and I believe is being worked on.

It's caused by the graphics overlay in the YV interface being produced at 720p and the TV vision being 1080p or whatever your HDMI handshaking has established. Apparently at the moment the two cannot be merged when output to SCART at the same time as the HDMI is used.
  • MattManMattMan Member Posts: 277
    edited June 2016

Peter, I'm not to sure that they are working on it as it has been over a year now and still not fix.
    edited December 2016

Peter Wells (as there are two Peters here)

If what you say is true, this issue could be alleviated by setting the HDMI also to 720p, instead of letting it default.

Anyone tried this?
  • stuart621stuart621 Member Posts: 616
    edited July 2013
    Are we due another update anytime soon?