reset bt remote

ragemasterragemaster Posts: 3Member
edited 1 March 2017, 10:49AM in Archived Posts
I've set my bt youview to control my Panasonic tv, it works great. But I would like to undo it, as I'm using a receiver with speakers for sound. How do I just reset the remote, thanks for any help

Comments

• sam1sam1 Posts: 1,182Member ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 9:47AM
  • ragemasterragemaster Posts: 3Member
    edited 15 July 2013, 5:36PM
    Hi thanks for the reply, but I don't have a tv button on my remote.
  • sam1sam1 Posts: 1,182Member ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 9:47AM
    Sorry it didn't help.
  • DM2DM2 Posts: 475Member ✭✭
    edited 27 June 2014, 11:20AM
    Hey ragemaster, is your remote one of these?:

Bar a couple of button differences, this remote is the same as one BT use for boxes from their other TV platform, Vision+ ...apparently those remotes can be reset by holding down the * & # keys, whilst also holding down the power button for around 5 seconds.

The BT Vision button on those remotes should flash three times to confirm - the blue 'youview' button is in this location for YouView remotes.

Suffice to say you'll need to reprogram the remote to also control your model of TV if you'd done this previously, as this will now have been forgotten by your remote

...assuming it works, that is(!)
  • ragemasterragemaster Posts: 3Member
    edited 15 July 2013, 6:06PM
    Thanks' DM,
  • Oliver2Oliver2 Posts: 1Member
    edited 30 July 2013, 5:16PM
    What are the * & # keys?
  • gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
    edited 30 July 2013, 5:38PM
    The keys on the number pad to the left and right of the 0 key. Possibly re-purposed and re-labelled on your remote control?
  • Steve CheungSteve Cheung Posts: 1Member
    edited 17 April 2014, 10:19PM
    I've reset my YouView controller

I had to hold down the following buttons at the same time: [Power], [AD] and [DEL/SUB]
    The blue LED will flash 3 times.
    and I'd just kept it there until the next 3 flashes appeared and then let go.

I took me a while to find this instructions, but hope it helps who ever is stuck.
  • Caron AspinallCaron Aspinall Posts: 1Member
    edited 17 April 2014, 10:21PM
    Thank you for these instructions, this worked for me 
  • Paul HusbandPaul Husband Posts: 1Member
    edited 27 June 2014, 11:20AM
    DM2 said:

Hey ragemaster, is your remote one of these?:

Bar a couple of button differences, this remote is the same as one BT use for boxes from their other TV platform, Vision+ ...apparently those remotes can be reset by holding down the * & # keys, whilst also holding down the power button for around 5 seconds.

The BT Vision button on those remotes should flash three times to confirm - the blue 'youview' button is in this location for YouView remotes.

Suffice to say you'll need to reprogram the remote to also control your model of TV if you'd done this previously, as this will now have been forgotten by your remote

...assuming it works, that is(!)

hold AD & DEL & POWER BUTTON 5 SECONDS THEN PRESS YOURVIEW IT WORKED FOR ME :)

• Andy Clark2Andy Clark2 Posts: 2Member
    edited 18 July 2014, 11:31PM
    hold ad+del+power once blue light blinks 3 times hit youview button thats it reset ;-)

• Andy Clark2Andy Clark2 Posts: 2Member
    edited 18 July 2014, 11:31PM

hold ad+del+power once blue light blinks 3 times hit youview button thats it reset ;-)

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42493/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzg3MjAwOTkyL3NpZC90Yzd...
    to program remote

http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/2306219/1330618726/redirect/1
    tv code page

• David18David18 Posts: 1Member
    edited 27 April 2015, 5:27PM
    Great advice! For what its worth, my experience was slightly different. I held down the AD, DEL and Power button. No sign of it working but then I hit the Youview button, got the blue flashing light and it sprung into life - phew!
  • Rachel BegbieRachel Begbie Posts: 2Member
    edited 26 July 2015, 5:17PM
    I have a you view box from talk talk and I synced the remote, I now would like to unsync it as I have to have the volume very high for some reason, I have tried the instructions that's been left on here but nothing is working can someone help please?
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 953Member ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 10:49AM
    Talk Talk supply boxes from a different manufacturer so the instructions will differ

have a look at

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/my-remote-control-isnt-working

and there is guidence on how to reset
  • Rachel BegbieRachel Begbie Posts: 2Member
    edited 26 July 2015, 7:31PM
    zulu17 said:

Talk Talk supply boxes from a different manufacturer so the instructions will differ

have a look at

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/my-remote-control-isnt-working

and there is guidence on how to reset

Thank you so much! That has worked :)