Humax Update 9 August?

Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts
I was checking the sequence to manually update the software to answer another thread and was surprised to find my Humax downloaded an update. It's a retail version not connected to BT or TT.

The version numbers are:
Config 492
ISP 3

Anybody know the details of the update?

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 12:01PM
    I think it's this one Peter

http://community.youview.com/youview/...
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • sam1sam1 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭
    edited 25 September 2013, 9:47AM
    That's from 10 July. There's a thread announcing it. Can't recall what it did. Nothing much.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Member Posts: 741
    edited 26 September 2013, 8:53AM
    Strange thing is I already had the July update as I am one of those annoying triallists who want everything now.

Also, the Device Management page showed the last update as today (remember this is just a check rather than download). On the main thread about the July update there were a few glitches mentioned so I wonder if this is a revised version of the software with the same numbers - I think they've done that sort of thing before.
    edited 9 August 2013, 10:23PM
    Did we have a blue button "Filter" option in the guide to go directly to the lists of genres? If not, we do now.

You realise I am looking out for anything unfamiliar so it may be a feature I do not bother to use
    I only got one download, back on 10 July.
    Yes, the filter button was there before.
    edited 9 August 2013, 10:30PM
    sam1 said:

Thanks, it's all a bit wierd as the thing has been permanently connected since then and it seems a bit long for a "phased" roll out to reach it.

I had been getting some dropouts and wonder if that was the firmware corrupted so a checksum went wrong and prompted a refresh/download.
    edited 9 August 2013, 10:31PM
    sam1 said:

Could be.
  • dkjorgi2dkjorgi2 Member Posts: 17
    edited 10 August 2013, 7:28AM
    Lbear1 said:

Strange thing is I already had the July update as I am one of those annoying triallists who want everything now.

Also, the Device Management page showed the last update as today (remember this is just a check rather than download). On the main thread about the July update there were a few glitches mentioned so I wonder if this is a revised version of the software with the same numbers - I think they've done that sort of thing before.

You are probably right. It's not uncommon for software releases in genereal to do that. I do that sometimes to ensure trialists and others are on exact same version of my software. Between the two I may have made changes but not enough to write about it so I only up the counter that's not visible to the user.
  • david1david1 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited 10 August 2013, 7:33AM
    There was a minor update on 30 July: http://community.youview.com/youview/...
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    My box got the update you describe on 6 August, about a week after it came out as referenced by david above.

As this was described as a phased rollout over several weeks, it would not be unusual for it to arrive with you only on the 9th,

Although on the surface it is only a minor update, Phil did mention, rather as an afterthought, that it contains a large amount of new underpinnings for multicast.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Oh yes, my mistake, 30 July. The one with the "Loading" message.