How about Suzie Buckridge, Youview director of product doing a Q & A on the forum..

Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Member Posts: 367
edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM in Archived Posts
As the thread title say's... How about Suzie Buckridge, Youview director of product doing a Q & A on the forum..
Here she is on Youview Youtube channel

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,833 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Why not? BT have done this many times (with tech and development teams) on their forum. But you would need to post your suggestion on the TT forum.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Old Welsh DragonOld Welsh Dragon Member Posts: 367
    edited 11 December 2016, 11:58AM
    Visionman said:

Why not? BT have done this many times (with tech and development teams) on their forum. But you would need to post your suggestion on the TT forum.

Why TT ? Suzie Buckridge works for Youview..
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:05AM
    Visionman said:

Sorry, OWD. Brain fart on my behalf. Oops...
  • Geraint MorrisGeraint Morris Member Posts: 772
    edited 2 October 2013, 6:15PM
    Visionman said:

About time BT did another one. Doubt there is any chance of that, they don't want to have to explain themselves
  • edited 8 January 2015, 4:54PM
    Yes - this is an excellent idea.
    It looks like YouView are doing a series of these "Meet the YouView team" videos.
    The tone is upbeat and confident (dare I say a little self-congratulatory?)
    It would be good if YouView's confidence was translated into this kind of direct access.
    If everything in the garden is rosie why not stand up and be counted with a Q&A session?

(Sorry about the mixed metaphors.)
  • stormystormy Member Posts: 1,026 ✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 2:28PM
    I noticed Suzie really banged on about BT and Talktalk getting Internet premium channels. So as I suspected and still do, the forward momentum of Youview will be driven by what BT and Talk Talk want. :( This was even while Andy Hartle made a big point about not needing a monthly subscription deal.

Thats a question I would like to ask her, what is the future for retail customers?

I'd like to ask Chris Bramley, whats on the roadmap for Youview?
  • Steve ArcherSteve Archer Member Posts: 121
    edited 3 October 2013, 7:52AM
    It is merely media hype, show the public a sweet and confident face, and the public feel connected and able to trust a product and purchase it. of course the truth is when Mr and Mrs general public have issues they cannot talk to the sweet confident person they associate with a product, What they get is some idiot sales person or non techie patronising them on the phone until they just give up asking. I see media advertising as modern day brain washing.

One day, somewhere over the rainbow a product will be released, tech support will listen to customers and fix bugs, bring creative updates, and create a culture where customers call to merely thank them for the service they provide. now I shall pop off and grab the corn flakes, that was one weird dream hehe.
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 December 2016, 12:01PM
    stormy said:

I noticed Suzie really banged on about BT and Talktalk getting Internet premium channels. So as I suspected and still do, the forward momentum of Youview will be driven by what BT and Talk Talk want. :( This was even while Andy Hartle made a big point about not needing a monthly subscription deal.

Thats a question I would like to ask her, what is the future for retail customers?

I must agree. From a trialist point of view, it seems that we made the decision to be helpful and offer feedback on the original product but as soon as the next stage happens we are left unable to continue.

We did our work, got paid (free box), got laid off.
  • edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    Two weeks ago there was a message posted on YouView's Facebook page saying "Is Susie Buckridge aware of this request to do a Q&A on the YouView forum?"
    YouView have just responded with the answer "She is".
    Not sure what this means but maybe they are considering it.
    Smiley
    edited 3 March 2017, 6:12PM
    To be honest I am sure lots of people at Youview are aware of our aspirations for the service. Seems to be falling on deaf ears though. :-)
  • edited 8 January 2015, 4:54PM
    Impressive interview with Ms Buckridge (looking very cool)...
    http://www.iptv-news.com/2013/12/youv...

So how about this Q&A?
    Smiley
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 11:49AM
    As Youview is celebrating its 2nd birthday and has ironed out its funding for the next few years surely now is a good time for a Q&A by Suzie and/or Piers  and or Richie Halton.
  • Paul14Paul14 Member Posts: 29
    edited 4 July 2014, 4:58PM
    No point as Product Manager she has nothing to talk about. We have not seen any additional products this year.
  • NickNick Member Posts: 594
    edited 9 March 2015, 7:43AM
    stormy said:

I didn't even get a free retail box... :(
  • edited 8 January 2015, 4:55PM
    stormy said:

We did our work, got paid (free box), got laid off.
    You will have your reward in heaven.

stormy said:

I didn't even get a free retail box.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

• edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    ...she has nothing to talk about...
    She has plenty to talk about.
    If she did take part in a Q&A she would run little rings around 95% of the forum members.
    Do not underestimate this lady.
    She is one of the key players.

edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    Well its about time somebody did one. Its two years young now....

Piers would be a good choice. I miss his valuable comments on here.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    So what are the questions that everyone might ask? Here is just a handful I might guess some would ask:
    1. Why have there been no significant software updates for some time now?
    2. When will the next software update be? Will it include the connected red button feature?
    3. Why haven't more small but effective features been added to the box over the first two years that might have demonstrated more steady progress and generated more customer satisfaction and confidence for the future?
    4. Is the use of Adobe Air hindering development?
    5. Are you adding HTML5 support? If so is this a significant rewrite which might explain why other small features are not coming through as that would just add more to a system that is being replaced and hence more to rework?
    6. Whilst HTML5 is likely to be the future should you not also add support for MHEG-IC to plug that issue for the medium term whilst such channels continue to persist?
    7. Any sign of any/some/all of Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Youtube being added to the system?
    8. Will unicast IPTV channels for all YouView users be coming any time soon?
    9. Clipped recordings and intelligent padding has been a much discussed topic. Which of the main broadcasters most lets you down in this area? Is it ever realistic to expect accurate recording to be truly accurate and would it not be sensible to implement an intelligent padding system to solve the issue and reap the reward of a feature that can outperform competitor systems?
    10. Do you think TalkTalk and Huawei are letting you down with the combination of poor customer service and a borderline adequate spec box?
    11. Is it true that the Humax T1000 boxes have a high failure rate? Do you think this has proved detrimental to the YouView brand?
    12. The YouView app is very popular but would really come in to its own if all recording set on a box were reflected in the app, is this likely to happen any time soon?
    13. Following the renegotiated funding that leaves all 7 partner with equal stakes but unequal funding contributions how will you ensure sufficient development goes to features for all rather than those needed/demanded by the two ISP partners?
    14. Where do you see YouView as a product in 5 years time? What additional key features do you expect it to have then?
    15. Are you concerned by the continued issues over the YouView name, perhaps you could give us YourView on this?
    16. In your opinion, what is the best joke or cryptic comment Roy has made on the forum?
    Given such questions if you then put yourself in the position of a YouView employee (Richard, Susie, Piers etc) how many of these do you think you could answer without compromising some commercial activity or indicating something is at some uncertain point in the future. Ideally of course you would be able to give positive upbeat answers with timely and largely positive outcomes for the customer but even then you probably need to be guarded about anything that is more than a month away as things can change.

Ultimately visible actions will speak louder than words and if such actions deliver clear progress towards the features and functions people want to see then the future should be bright. From what YouView are reported as saying in public they are clearly confident of their future over the next few years but as ever it remains up to the individual customers to choose what is right for them. In a rapidly changing environment a failure to progress sufficiently is more likely to leave room for others to catch up or respond better to the customers needs, which presents the customer with more choice which may in turn stimulate all those choices to strive/compete even harder so ultimately the customer should win out (although they may suffer some frustration along the way) :)
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:39AM
    gwatuk said:

Two weeks ago there was a message posted on YouView's Facebook page saying "Is Susie Buckridge aware of this request to do a Q&A on the YouView forum?"
    YouView have just responded with the answer "She is".
    Not sure what this means but maybe they are considering it.
    Smiley

gwatuk, we can tell when your tongue is hanging out :-)
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
    edited 22 December 2016, 12:05AM
    Keith1 said:

So what are the questions that everyone might ask? Here is just a handful I might guess some would ask:

2. When will the next software update be? Will it include the connected red button feature?
    3. Why haven't more small but effective features been added to the box over the first two years that might have demonstrated more steady progress and generated more customer satisfaction and confidence for the future?
    5. Are you adding HTML5 support? If so is this a significant rewrite which might explain why other small features are not coming through as that would just add more to a system that is being replaced and hence more to rework?
    6. Whilst HTML5 is likely to be the future should you not also add support for MHEG-IC to plug that issue for the medium term whilst such channels continue to persist?
    7. Any sign of any/some/all of Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Youtube being added to the system?
    9. Clipped recordings and intelligent padding has been a much discussed topic. Which of the main broadcasters most lets you down in this area? Is it ever realistic to expect accurate recording to be truly accurate and would it not be sensible to implement an intelligent padding system to solve the issue and reap the reward of a feature that can outperform competitor systems?
    10. Do you think TalkTalk and Huawei are letting you down with the combination of poor customer service and a borderline adequate spec box?
    11. Is it true that the Humax T1000 boxes have a high failure rate? Do you think this has proved detrimental to the YouView brand?
    12. The YouView app is very popular but would really come in to its own if all recording set on a box were reflected in the app, is this likely to happen any time soon?
    13. Following the renegotiated funding that leaves all 7 partner with equal stakes but unequal funding contributions how will you ensure sufficient development goes to features for all rather than those needed/demanded by the two ISP partners?
    14. Where do you see YouView as a product in 5 years time? What additional key features do you expect it to have then?
    15. Are you concerned by the continued issues over the YouView name, perhaps you could give us YourView on this?
    16. In your opinion, what is the best joke or cryptic comment Roy has made on the forum?
    Given such questions if you then put yourself in the position of a YouView employee (Richard, Susie, Piers etc) how many of these do you think you could answer without compromising some commercial activity or indicating something is at some uncertain point in the future. Ideally of course you would be able to give positive upbeat answers with timely and largely positive outcomes for the customer but even then you probably need to be guarded about anything that is more than a month away as things can change.

Ultimately visible actions will speak louder than words and if such actions deliver clear progress towards the features and functions people want to see then the future should be bright. From what YouView are reported as saying in public they are clearly confident of their future over the next few years but as ever it remains up to the individual customers to choose what is right for them. In a rapidly changing environment a failure to progress sufficiently is more likely to leave room for others to catch up or respond better to the customers needs, which presents the customer with more choice which may in turn stimulate all those choices to strive/compete even harder so ultimately the customer should win out (although they may suffer some frustration along the way) :)
    Apologies. My suggestion was a bad idea. And you took some time over that. I'm impressed. :)
    Keith1 said:

Keith's calmness, diligence and thoroughness always impresses.

Though I did not expect Qu 16, especially while eating cheese and crackers, and had to go searching for wet wipes to restore normal operation to this iPad :-))
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 November 2016, 11:48AM
    Keith1 said:

I think the answer to all them would be two words with the second one being 'comment' but we can always dream.... Great work Keith...
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    Keith1 said:

Good questions Keith, I doubt we will get any answers from anyone at Youview but thanks for trying. Really hit the nail on the head for me.
    edited 1 December 2016, 9:24AM
    gwatuk said:

If she did take part in a Q&A she would run little rings around 95% of the forum members.

I think she just got owned, by Keith. Plus I take offence at the fact you think we are all thick. :( Pretty poor gwatuk.
    Keith1 said:

Keith you are our champion.
    gwatuk said:

Not thick as such, just perhaps not as smart as a Cambridge graduate.

And I'm sure that gwatuk will class any individual person who complains in that 5%, along with those who share her alma mater, and other criteria for smart :-)
    gwatuk said:

That's because it's the BBC part of her CV that really impresses me.
    I spent 22 years there (but not working on "Project Canvas").

gwatuk said:

Roy hasn't owned up to the fact that he is a Cambridge graduate.
    I'm not sure who would run little rings around whom.
    Roy or Susie?

gwatuk said:

I am sure we would share the common ground of wanting YouView to be the best it could possibly be, differing only, perhaps, in the details of how we thought that might be achieved :-)