A new software update is available for customers with YouView on BT

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Member Posts: 1,040 admin
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Announcements
An exciting new software update is being rolled out to YouView Humax boxes for BT customers. This will be a phased roll-out managed by BT so some customers will get it today/tonight and the rest will get it in due course. Customers will receive this update automatically and all they need to do is leave their boxes on standby overnight.

The update has 2 main features –

1) You will be able to record programmes on internet channels- in the same way as recording programmes delivered through the aerial.

2) You can now pause an internet channel as well as skip backwards and forwards:

• Pressing either of these buttons on the remote control whilst watching an internet channel will skip the channel forward rather than fast forwarding with a moving picture.

• Pressing either of these buttons on the remote control whilst watching an internet channel will skip the channel back rather than rewinding with a moving picture.

This applies to all BT Extra TV channels which can be found in the guide from channel 400 onwards and which have 3 dots under the channel number.

When recording an internet channel there are few things to please keep in mind:

1. You will be able to record a programme on an Internet channel if it does not clash with existing scheduled recordings. A clash may occur if 2 other recordings are scheduled at the same time as the programme you wish to record. If there is a clash with the programme you will be given the option to delete the existing scheduled recording to resolve the clash.

2. If you try to playback a recording on an Internet Channel that you no longer subscribe to, you will be prompted to set up the channel again

3. You will be able to watch or record 2 channels at the same time, regardless of whether they are internet channels or broadcast channels. You can also still watch On Demand programmes if you are recording 2 channels.

4. There is a possibility On Demand playback may be affected by internet line speed whilst an internet channel is recording. A notification will appear on screen to advise you of this.

5. If you attempt to record a programme on an internet channel which has not been set up, you will be prompted to set up the channel first.

More information regarding PIN protection and Parental controls for Internet Channels can be found on our FAQ http://support.youview.com/articles/S...

You can check if you have the latest version of YouView software by pressing the YouView button on your remote control (Add blue icon), navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘System Information’ > ‘Software Versions’.

For those boxes that have already received the update you will see the following:

Manufacturer Software: 15.11.0
Component Software: 2.1.14
Platform configuration: 712
ISP Configuration: (varies by ISP)

If your box displays different software versions, please be patient as this is a phased rollout and only available on YouView from BT. Customers with YouView boxes bought from Retail or TalkTalk will receive this update in due course.

Comments

• MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 24 November 2013, 10:32PM
    I am shocked to see this posted 3 days ago without any posts demanding to know where their update is.

But thanks for this although i dont sub to the channels i would have found this as a very welcome update.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 1:39PM
    "This applies to all BT Extra TV channels which can be found in the guide from channel 400 onwards and which have 3 dots under the channel number"

Is there a definitive list of which channels these are anywhere? What of channels in the 400 range which do not have 3 dots under the channel number? In particular, are the BT Sport and Eurosport channels now recordable?
  • MadcottoMadcotto Member Posts: 580 ✭✭
    edited 24 November 2013, 10:42PM
    Visionman said:
    yea i just found after i posted this. but meh its nice to be nice ;)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    gomez said:

"This applies to all BT Extra TV channels which can be found in the guide from channel 400 onwards and which have 3 dots under the channel number"

Is there a definitive list of which channels these are anywhere? What of channels in the 400 range which do not have 3 dots under the channel number? In particular, are the BT Sport and Eurosport channels now recordable?

The three dots signify internet channels. None are excluded from recording.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    The link to the YouView FAQ can be found here: http://support.youview.com/articles/S...
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    gwatuk said:

The link to the YouView FAQ can be found here: http://support.youview.com/articles/S...

When is somebody from YouView finally going to fix that 'Self Sevice' typo which appears on the tab for the above link, in either Firefox or IE, and is blazoned right across the top of the page, in Safari on iPad?
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...
  • gomezgomez Member Posts: 2,073 ✭✭
    edited 25 November 2013, 10:45AM
    gomez said:

I did wonder if it was a poor use of compound statements leading to ambiguous meaning. I was concerned there may be a rights issue excluding some channels.
  • Steve PowellSteve Powell Member Posts: 45
    edited 26 November 2013, 8:30AM
    The new recording stuff seems to be working great. I noticed a subtle change which is that when watching any recording, hitting Back causes it to go back to the expanded display in the recordings list rather than the flat list. This seems better, plus you can still hit Delete in the expanded display to delete the recording, so no loss of usability for those of us in the habit of just hitting Back and Delete straight away after finishing watching a recording.

I still have my issue where starting to watch an SD recording of any kind and sometimes SD channels causes the TV/AVR/YouView box to do some sort of renegotiation and the picture becomes misaligned to the left on my 1080p Panasonic TV, but you can't have everything :) The workaround (go to Settings, change to 1080i, immediately Revert to 1080p) still sorts it out though.
  • Brian WiltonBrian Wilton Member Posts: 2
    edited 8 January 2015, 3:54PM
    Bt office in India had now idea about this update yesterday.
    Brian Wilton
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:54PM

Brian Wilton

That's very funny.
    It seems that TalkTalk support don't know about their update (released yesterday).
    Smiley
  • DaveCheltenhamDaveCheltenham Member Posts: 10
    edited 6 March 2017, 11:55AM
    Appears to work fine on my BT box which was updated last night. Pauses and records 2 HD internet channels at the same time without a hitch. On my second non BT Humax box which has not updated, this displayed an HD internet channel with no problem at the same time as the BT box records 2 HD internet channels.

Thanks very much to all who have obviously worked hard to get this so far bug free update out.

Regards
  • Brian WiltonBrian Wilton Member Posts: 2
    edited 27 November 2013, 11:02AM

Brian Wilton

BT have now updated my box as we'll lets hope someone tells the BT staff in India's call centre.
  • endsbowenendsbowen Member Posts: 38
    edited 14 December 2016, 9:29PM
    still waiting for my retail box on btvision extra to be updated , come on hurry up BT ...
  • ShepShep Member Posts: 26
    edited 29 November 2016, 8:46PM
    There also seems to have been a positive change in the Scart/HDMI output settings in that I can now see the menu etc on the scart output whilst kthe TV is still connected via HDMI. My scart output is connected to an RF modulator which then transmits the signal to TVs around the house. I no longer have to pull the HDMI out of the back of the TV to be able to see the guide and menus upstairs. Progress!
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:54PM
    There's a little YouTube video about this.
    Published yesterday (20th December).
    Better late than never I suppose...

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:38AM
    gwatuk said:

Now fixed - excellent
    Back to my usual level of bafflement, then...