How do I stop being signed out from this new forum?

gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
edited 24 November 2016, 12:01PM in Archived Posts

Comments

• billmarsbillmars Posts: 40Member
    edited 9 December 2013, 8:05PM
    Don't know! But I seem to remain logged in far an arbitrary length of time. Why oh why have they designed the login screen to be a popup? It means that most automatic login programs don't work.
    There doesn't seem to be any way of 'remembering me on this computer' setting.
    This new forum design is probably worse than the previous version, which I thought was abysmal. Why can't a tried and tested 'normal' forum program be used like the majority of others. I have never been satisfied with 'Get Satisfaction'.
  • BobWBobW Posts: 38Member
    edited 6 December 2013, 2:03PM
    billmars said:

Don't know! But I seem to remain logged in far an arbitrary length of time. Why oh why have they designed the login screen to be a popup? It means that most automatic login programs don't work.
    This new forum design is probably worse than the previous version, which I thought was abysmal. Why can't a tried and tested 'normal' forum program be used like the majority of others. I have never been satisfied with 'Get Satisfaction'.

LastPass works fine once you have entered the details and Saved them again.
    edited 6 December 2013, 2:15PM
    billmars said:

I've tried 'Save All Entered Data' to no avail. Lastpass doesn't bring up the popup sign in window, nor does it fill the login using 'Autofil' and the newly saved data when the popup is manually started .

edited 6 December 2013, 7:14PM
    billmars said:

First are you using the latest version (3.0.0) if so then try this: open up the community site, press sign in and then you should see a star at the end of each box, ignore those and enter the details manually, and press enter, it should then ask you if you want to save the site, do not enter the same Name as the old one that was used before, then go to your vault and check if it has saved the new one, if so you can then delete the old one, next time it will autofill as normal.
    edited 6 December 2013, 9:19PM
    billmars said:

Doesn't seem to work with either ver3 or 2. I don't get the Lastpass star in the popup sign in box. Fill in login manually - Lastpass doesn't ask to save details. I think I'll give up.
    edited 6 December 2013, 9:45PM
    billmars said:

Try in Tools|Extensions and have a look at the LastPass 3.0.16 "options".

Under Notifications I have the top 1 and the bottom 4 ticked and under Advanced tick "Enable new login screen" if not ticked

Another thing you could try is right click the link below and "copy link address" and paste it into your LastPass login, overwriting the URL address of the old forum:

https://auth.getsatisfaction.com/auth/desktop?locale=en&parent_url=https%3A//community.youview.c...

edited 9 December 2013, 4:40PM
    billmars said:

I get 'Error loading login options' using that URL. Is it truncated?
    edited 9 December 2013, 5:30PM
    billmars said:

No it works fine from here.

after the https:// it should read as follows, all on one line

auth.getsatisfaction.com/auth/desktop?locale=en&parent_url=https%3A//community.youview.com#youview/login
  • ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Posts: 279Member
    edited 9 December 2013, 5:35PM
    billmars said:

Bob, what browser are you using, I am on Vista & Firefox 25.01 and using Last Past 3.0.12 and i can not get it to auto log in or to lo gin at all!
    edited 9 December 2013, 5:52PM
    billmars said:

Bob, that URL works (so the original was truncated), but after clicking on the Lastpass stars and entering my login details I'm left at a page which says 'You have logged in successfully', but I can't go anywhere! Very helpful...
    edited 9 December 2013, 5:59PM
    billmars said:

I mainly use Google under Win 7 Pro, I have just checked IE and that works, I just tried FF and had problems at first, notice that the star doesn't show up in the Email and Password boxes, but after a few different tries, I found that if you right click in the Email box and select LastPass | Autofill which should show YouView (if that's what you have saved it as), it seems a bit slow at actually showing it, took me 3 or 4 attempts of right clicking the Email box to get it to show up.

Also I never log in before to post here, all I do is press the submit button and I get the login box come up just for the posting.
    edited 9 December 2013, 6:07PM
    billmars said:

Bill, Are you using IE, that happened at first to me when I was just testing it out, can you open the browser and then click on the LP icon select sites and select the  youview one and select go to URL and see what happens
  • ScuttlebroomScuttlebroom Posts: 279Member
    edited 9 December 2013, 6:09PM
    billmars said:

Hmm, I have tried you idea of right clicking email address field, and using Last pass menu, but nothing happens (even tried closing FF and re-starting, but still nothing), strange as it worked perfectly on the old forum, and I have no issues on any other sites.  Shame as I thought the new forum would be better, but if I have to keep entering my log on details every few hours, it will become very tedious and as such I may not bother any more.imageimage
    edited 9 December 2013, 6:24PM
    billmars said:

I think I may have sussed the problem:
    1st in Last Pass you have to have the URL that I gave previously
    BUT you must open the forum using the following link or clicking view comment from the email:
    https://community.youview.com/youview#youview
    then when you click on SIGN IN
    it should fill the form for you

PS. This edit has been done using Firefox, but it is awkward, I had to click the Sign In then try to access the password using the right click method - kept saying Nothing Found, so exited the pop-up and pressed the Sign In again, and it then found the details.
    FB_Addon_TelNo{
    height:15px !important;
    white-space: nowrap !important;
    background-color: #0ff0ff;}
    edited 9 December 2013, 7:48PM
    billmars said:

I'm using Firefox both in Windows7 (with Lastpass V2) and Linux Mint (using Lastpass V3). From being able to login without any difficulties before the forum change, to complete failure after, makes me think the change to a popup sign-in is the main cause. There are others on the Lastpass forum who have problems with this method of logging in.
    As many have said in other threads, this forum's new format is a disaster, unhelpful and virtually unusable, so I may not bother to login again!
    edited 9 December 2013, 8:05PM
    billmars said:

One of the reasons I have all 3 browsers on my system, LastPass works better in Google, but Internet Download Manager (idm) doesn't, so I tend to use FF for when I want to download things like YouTube vids.

I have to agree that it is a nightmare though with this new style forum, although doesn't Mozilla use Get Satisfaction as well for their forum
    edited 9 December 2013, 8:22PM
    I have just been on to the Main Get Satisfaction forum and it seems that, that is where the main problem lies, there have been others having problems, due to the way they have set up the login, I have posted a comment on there in the hope that their programmers can look into it.