going to last post in a topic?

gomezgomez Posts: 2,073Member ✭✭
edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM in Archived Posts
How does one do this on here?

Comments

• churchwardenchurchwarden Posts: 795Member
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    click - click - click - click - click - click - click (until you fall over backwards, foaming at the mouth...)

(unless I've missed something obvious...)
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,497Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    This I believe will be addressed. And was a mistake to introduce it. Ugh...
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,497Member ✭✭✭
    edited 26 February 2017, 2:39PM
    I previously said I liked the new format. But due to this problem in particular, I was wrong. Its almost unusable, and far worse than the original legacy forum. 

And sorry to ask everyone to do this again, but click the 'ME TOO' icon for this thread.
  • churchwardenchurchwarden Posts: 795Member
    edited 4 May 2017, 12:39AM
    I posted this 3 days ago in another thread.....
    "A bit like the order in rolled-up recordings, but in reverse. When watching a series, I ALWAYS want to watch it in the order of earliest first, - six episodes recorded - start at episode 1 - seems to make sense to me - but MyView gives them to me in order of latest first.  No - I don't want to start watching at episode 6.....
    With threads, I normally want to see the latest first, so having the thread in reverse chronological order would make sense, the further down the thread you go the further back.  Most of the newspaper comment pages provide comments in that order as a default, but they also give you an option to order the comments - latest first - earliest first - most popular first.  That would probably be too complicated for Mrs Trellis of North Wales who is the target audience of YouView - by the way - anyone seen Mrs Trellis on the forums lately?
    However, it seems to me that if there are two options, the rule is, think of the order which makes most sense, and then reverse it."
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 782Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 February 2017, 1:01PM

Well unless I've misunderstood what you are asking - the END key takes me to the last post and HOME takes me to the first post.

Or are you using some kind of mobile/tablet device?

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • JamesBJamesB Posts: 841Member
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:48PM
    On my W8 laptop, the END key takes me to the bottom of the page.  The problem is getting easily to the last post in a multi-page thread, to read or reply to the most recent post.

Maybe we should just start a new thread ("Cont.") when a thread reaches a certain length.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:38AM
    JamesB said:

On my W8 laptop, the END key takes me to the bottom of the page.  The problem is getting easily to the last post in a multi-page thread, to read or reply to the most recent post.

Maybe we should just start a new thread ("Cont.") when a thread reaches a certain length.

Maybe YouView should rethink the use of this new look, and preferably the use of NotSatisfactory altogether?
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 8:40AM
    JamesB said:

Ooh harsh, Roy :-)

I just came across this thread with this posting from my younger self, on the right of something more recent, and it reminded me what a pain this was back then, though.

We did get pagination back, which helped, but I asked GetSat if possibly we could just click/tap the name of the last poster on a thread, and it would jump right to that posting.

They liked the idea, and implemented it speedily, and I couldn't imagine being without it today.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do the same sort of thing with suggestions for YouView? :-)
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(