Failed recording.

124»

Comments

• S RS R Member Posts: 168
    edited 31 March 2014, 10:12AM
    I wonder if some of the failed recordings on the youview have a similar cause to the lightening marked ones on the normal humaxes? They mark the recording as 'failed' but you can watch it anyway. It's usually a sign there's been some picture break up. Often it may only be a few seconds once in a programme so it it's basically a fuss over nothing. If the youview treats that as failed failed rather than minor hiccup then it could explain the number of failed recordings. I also think the youview may not deal with overlap so well Sometimes the humax makes a fuss if you are watching on demand and there are a few recordings finishing and starting together. It marks them again as problematic and it just usually means the first minute is missing.  If the youview overacts and marks it as failed altogether than it is a recording that could have been perfectly fine had it not panicked.
  • JamesBJamesB Member Posts: 841
    edited 31 March 2014, 10:12AM
    S R said:

I wonder if some of the failed recordings on the youview have a similar cause to the lightening marked ones on the normal humaxes? They mark the recording as 'failed' but you can watch it anyway. It's usually a sign there's been some picture break up. Often it may only be a few seconds once in a programme so it it's basically a fuss over nothing. If the youview treats that as failed failed rather than minor hiccup then it could explain the number of failed recordings. I also think the youview may not deal with overlap so well Sometimes the humax makes a fuss if you are watching on demand and there are a few recordings finishing and starting together. It marks them again as problematic and it just usually means the first minute is missing.  If the youview overacts and marks it as failed altogether than it is a recording that could have been perfectly fine had it not panicked.

Yep, I think you're right. If only the files could be accessed, as with the other Humax Freeview boxes, possibly many of the "failed" recordings could be rescued with the help of specific bits of Raydon's firmware. But this is not possible, and it seems unlikely that it ever will be.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:30PM
    Rob3 said:

Not sure 18.3 fixes the issue entirely. Failed recording Monday - Bang Goes the Theory BBC1 -HD. Machine wasn't even in use. Latest retail software. But maybe it was a one off.

Hi Rob - 18.3 was only announced on Tuesday 18th so after your failed recording on Monday.
  • KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:30PM
    Keith1 said:

Hi churchwarden - has your box updated to the latest software update version 18.3.0 which is supposed to contain a fix for the failed recordings whilst watching on demand bug.

Hi Roy - just the reference I gave about to the topic on failed recordings whilst watching on demand bug. The post within that topic from Phil is not entirely conclusive in the way it is worded but a later post by a user suggests from their test it now worked fine.

• SomersetBobSomersetBob Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    edited 17 December 2016, 1:36PM
    Rob3 said:

Not sure 18.3 fixes the issue entirely. Failed recording Monday - Bang Goes the Theory BBC1 -HD. Machine wasn't even in use. Latest retail software. But maybe it was a one off.

Well I installed the update when I was working from home as I don't tend to read the forum's at work, and I was in the office Tuesday and out yesterday evening so didn't do it then (Weds) so I must have done this Monday - manual install.
    But maybe I'm losing my marbles :-) It was the first failure for some time so may not even be related. If I get another one I'll post back.