New BT Box: DTR-T2110

edited 19 March 2017, 9:46PM in Archived Posts
Here's some first impressions of the new BT Box, the DTR-T2110DTR.
Very much more responsive.
EPG navigation much quicker.
Time to acquire EPG data faster.
Response to information button much faster.
Time to load players roughly halved.

Comments

• alal Posts: 1,298Member ✭✭✭
    edited 5 March 2017, 1:28PM
    It reminds me of my CableCom set top box I had in '97. What box are you comparing it to?
  • SomersetBobSomersetBob Posts: 208Member
    edited 27 February 2017, 10:19AM

Shame it's been hit with the ugly stick!
  • plaxyplaxy Posts: 217Member
    edited 28 January 2014, 4:45PM
    Does it stop working if you terminate your BT Vision contract?
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:54PM
    al said:

It reminds me of my CableCom set top box I had in '97. What box are you comparing it to?

The newer Huawei DN372T.
    It's got nice blue lights...

• scottscott Posts: 2,007Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:32AM
    Does it run the BT software version or a different one.
  • edited 6 March 2017, 7:32AM
    Talktalk users should be alerted to the fact that this box seems to be very loyal to it's makers.
    I'm with TalkTalk. When I tell it to update the software it tries but fails.
    So I have no way of evaluating internet channels.
    scott said:

I can't tell - see below...
    edited 6 March 2017, 7:32AM
    Shame... What's the start up time like.
    I guess none of the accessibilty options are available yet on its original software.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,558Member ✭✭✭
    edited 21 December 2016, 11:05PM
    gwatuk said:

Talktalk users should be alerted to the fact that this box seems to be very loyal to it's makers.

Do you mean TT's internet channels?
    scott said:

Shame... What's the start up time like.
    I guess none of the accessibilty options are available yet on its original software.

From High Eco: 1min 23secs - still slow but a bit faster than the other boxes.
    gwatuk said:

Yes.
    gwatuk said:

TT haven't enabled that feature yet for third party boxes. Sorry, I thought you knew that.
    gwatuk said:

But I would of thought Multiroom would be possible.
    gwatuk said:

Not sure what you mean VM.
    I think a retail Humax will see them if you have a TT subscription.
    edited 29 November 2016, 10:48AM
    gwatuk said:

Would be interesting to see if you could have a BT humax original and this one together on the same line and if it would let you see IP channels on both.
    gwatuk said:

Yes gwatuk, thats what I meant. If one already subscribes via a Huawei and then additional boxes can get them too. Strange...
    gwatuk said:

Could be a marketing policy decision.
  • Lbear1Lbear1 Posts: 741Member
    edited 28 January 2014, 8:00PM
    gwatuk said:

It's got nice blue lights...

How does it look with the red record light in between the two blue?

Since the YV Base Specs require two USB sockets and there only appears to be one at the rear, is the second hidden under the silver bit of the front panel?

edited 28 January 2014, 7:47PM
    gwatuk said:

The software should not really need updating if you think about it. I presume it's the various features that TT push to boxes that are missing (ie their extended EPG including their IPTV linear channels)  Can you put this as the only one on line so the TT servers think it is the only one and see if it then pushes the extras?
    edited 28 January 2014, 7:57PM
    Rob3 said:

Shame it's been hit with the ugly stick!

It is designed to match BT's router which has a similar black. top and silver base.

Now this is confirmed as definitely a Humax, it will be interesting to see what Humax do for the "proper" retail market.  With the later DTR T1000 all being BT badged,, they introduced the silver  DTR T1010.  This is very specifically a BT design.

edited 28 January 2014, 8:04PM
    scott said:

Up till now the convention has been that boxes sold retail receive the "retail" version of the software even if they have a BT badge. Only those supplied direct by BT get their version of the software. Huawei boxes of course are only available new from TalkTalk so their software only has a single version.

I believe the easiest way to tell is if there are the additional options under the "Accessibility" sub-menu. I understand these were due to be rolled out to BT supplied boxes but this has been delayed.

• TOONARMYTOONARMY Posts: 7Member
    edited 9 March 2017, 11:54PM
    I wonder what the price will be for current bt tv customers will have to cough up for this??
  • drhowellsdrhowells Posts: 634Member ✭✭
    edited 20 December 2016, 5:21PM
    TOONARMY said:

I wonder what the price will be for current bt tv customers will have to cough up for this??

I would doubt there will be any difference to the current prices. Why would there be?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,334Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Does the remote still click loudly, such that it keeps one's partner awake in bed when changing channels late at night, in some mysterious unspecified way that the sound and flickering picture from the TV don't?
    Off travelling for a while... internet patchy to non-existent....
    edited 28 January 2014, 11:21PM
    TOONARMY said:

If anything it should be less due to the lower cost of the unit through it not having a display. I very strongly doubt they are paying much more, if anything, for the faster processor and extra memory that appears to be the reason for the improved performance.
    edited 29 January 2014, 12:59AM
    Roy1 said:

Does the remote still click loudly, such that it keeps one's partner awake in bed when changing channels late at night, in some mysterious unspecified way that the sound and flickering picture from the TV don't?

Why not get another remote control? You can get one that is nominally for the Foxsat HDR or the HDR Fox T2 that should come programmed to the right code set (if not changing it is very easy) and which has completely silent keys. The downside is that while the basic buttons (like programme change and on/off) are OK, other buttons may not operate the same function on the YV box. I got a replacement for my Foxsat HD (actually for the HDR) for about £10 a couple of years ago but I notice they are from about £20 on eBay.

Other "universal" remote controls with silent keys are available and you can even get them in pound shops however I have not tried a really cheapo one so cannot recommend an alternative.

• TomWTomW Posts: 496Member ✭✭
    edited 27 November 2016, 6:35PM
    Roy1 said:

I'm very interested to know whether the remote buttons are clicky too.

The clicky buttons on the T1000 remote drove me up the wall. I now use an HDR Fox T2 remote which has soft touch buttons and works very well but the button layout isn't very well thought out and it doesn't have a dedicated search button. I also have the Logitech Harmony 300, which does the job but feels a bit cheap and nasty. I'd much prefer to use the 'proper' remote if only it didn't have those damn clicky buttons.

• TomWTomW Posts: 496Member ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    If it's significantly quicker and more responsive than the T1000, and the remote buttons are soft touch, I could be tempted.

Don't know if I could live with having that sitting under my TV though - looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down! Not sure about the remote either - the button layout looks very cramped around the directional buttons.
    Roy1 said:

The buttons are not clicky.