is this the latest software for my retail  humax youview  

manufacture software      15.14.0

component software  2.1,20

platform 716 

the box says yes

Comments

• KeithKeith Member, Super User Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭
    edited 4 March 2017, 9:29AM
    Hi johnshipman4 - would your box by any chance have a BT badge on it? If so although bought through a retailer it is locked in to the BT update schedule for which those version numbers are the currently expected ones. The normal retail Humax boxes (so without any BT badging) should now typically be on version 17.3.0 (or at least 16.4.0 if it missed the 17.2.1 update and is still waiting for 17.3.0).
  • johnshipman4johnshipman4 Member Posts: 65
    edited 20 October 2014, 3:36AM

there is no bt badge on  its  working fine very fast and responsive may be I should leave good alone anyway I was wondering because looked on your update page and noticed 17.3.0 

I,m not even on bt am with talktalk  strange

will I still get updates
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Your box came from BT.

How did you obtain it?

Yes, you will still get updates, no matter what ISP you are with, but on the BT update schedule.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats

ok thanks
    You should indeed get updates regardless of the broadband provider you have. If your box is a retail box then whether on BT, TalkTalk or any other broadband service it should have updated to at least 16.4.0 by now. If your box is BT badged or provided from BT then even if on TalkTalk or any other broadband service your box will take its updates only when the update server says there is an update for the BT box variant. If you have a Huawei box provided by TalkTalk then again whatever your broadband provider you are locked into the TalkTalk update cycle. Being a different box manufacturer the Huawei's also have a separate version number sequence. In contrast the Humax boxes coming via BT and the retail Humax boxes have a shared software version number sequence yet each set may not walk up through that version numbers going via the same steps and generally not at the same time, with the BT ones lagging behind the retail Humax ones.

People reported problems with the 17.2.1 software version and it seemed to not roll out to all, others have reported odd problems that may or may not be related to the 17.3.0 version. As such it may not be a bad thing to be on a version 15 or 16 release at present. Given the typical update cycle we may see a retail Humax update again this month and perhaps some time soon an update for BT boxes that brings them up to roughly the same level. All of that though is speculation as I'm just another customer and not a YouView, BT, TalkTalk, Humax or Huawei employee :)

thank you for all the infro like I said having no problems at the moment response fast and no problems at all when I read all the problems a lot are having may be I,m lucky even start up on high eco takes 30 sec,s  so I should,nt worry about updates  yet thanks a lot john

could be all the updates that s the problem

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,040 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2017, 10:49AM
    My impression is that for the BT boxes that the recently released G4 box is now at the 17.3.0 Humax software level (ie same as Humax Retail). The earlier BT  (DTR T1000) appears to be software level 15.14.0 . The purpose of the 15.14.0  upgrade from the previous 15.11.0 was stated to be to handle the local channels that are now starting up. 

yes that's mine dtr 1000 I just saw update 17.3 on in forum and was  wondering  abut mine

thank you john

• Mike70Mike70 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited 10 December 2016, 4:15PM

thank you for all the infro like I said having no problems at the moment response fast and no problems at all when I read all the problems a lot are having may be I,m lucky even start up on high eco takes 30 sec,s  so I should,nt worry about updates  yet thanks a lot john

Hi, How do you get a start up time of 30 secs on high eco mode? Are you on Software version 15.14.0? That is a great improvement if it is available to everyone.
    edited 21 December 2016, 10:30PM

Hi Mike - the low eco mode takes about 20-25 seconds to start up whereas the high eco mode takes about 100 seconds. When you put a box that is set for high eco mode into standby it actually only goes into full high eco mode standby after about 15 minutes so any start up again before that is like starting from low eco mode and will be on the order of 20-25 seconds. Other than that though a high eco mode startup is the slow 100 seconds or so wait. As such I would guess the reply from johnshipman4 above was either based on a quick turn off turn on test or perhaps confusion as to the high eco mode being the low energy use mode (and vice versa) and hence some mix up with high/low terminology.

no sorry did do a quick  try////////////////////// timed it 105 seconds

sorry for misleading you

• Mike70Mike70 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited 10 December 2016, 4:15PM

Thanks Keith for clearing that up. Mine is 122 seconds, however, about 2 weeks ago it was 135seconds so its improved a bit. It's not really a problem as I think the electricity saving is more important. Thanks again. Mike