Recordings fail when watching on demand

John SpearJohn Spear Posts: 6Member
edited 8 May 2017, 8:26PM in Archived Posts
Whenever we are watching BBC iPlayer, if there is a recording scheduled on one of the TV channels it fails.

When the recording is due to start, we get the banner at the top of the screen saying "Now recording...". Strangely the TV volume also goes up by itself at the same time. After exiting iPlayer, the programme won't show up in MyView recordings until it is scheduled to finish, and then it always says recording failed.

We have only noticed this for the last few weeks, but didn't use iPlayer too often before that. We had forgot to set a recording, and so watched the programme on iPlayer the next evening while trying to record another programme. As that failed we then watched that on iPlayer later, and another recording failed, and so on in ever decreasing circles!

Any suggestions how to prevent this, or is it likely to be a fault?

Comments

• S RS R Posts: 168Member
    edited 11 March 2014, 10:03AM
    It's a fault and a known bug :-/ There doesn't seem to have been much sign of a fix though.

It happened to me from the January update onwards. Others have it too.

Only solution is to not watch on demand while it is trying to record. That's no guarantee of no failed recordings either as they can fail for other reasons.
  • John SpearJohn Spear Posts: 6Member
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Thanks for the information - at least I know now! Will just have to not watch on demand when a recording is scheduled until it's fixed...
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 19 December 2016, 9:55PM

Thanks for the information - at least I know now! Will just have to not watch on demand when a recording is scheduled until it's fixed...

Hi John, the volume increase on iPlayer is an issue we are aware of an are currently working to fix. I'll update here when more information is available for this.

Phil
    edited 11 March 2014, 1:04PM

Thanks Phil - the volume increase is more of a minor irritation though. The failed recordings is the real problem!
  • Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
    edited 17 February 2017, 5:59PM
    Hi John,

The Automatic Software Update March 2014 for YouView+ Humax boxes purchased at retail fixes a number of incidents where a scheduled recording will not complete correctly. It also fixes the issue you mention in regards to the iPlayer volume increasing.

Thanks,

Phil
  • Peter JacksonPeter Jackson Posts: 62Member
    edited 8 May 2017, 8:26PM
    Phil why could you not put this information in the thread on the release? The detail you have supplied is very vague. Why can we not have a full list of fixes.
    edited 18 March 2014, 8:03PM
    Hi Phil,

Have downloaded the update, so fingers crossed!

Thanks,

John.
    edited 18 March 2014, 9:22PM
    Have now tried watching iplayer with a recording scheduled to start, and it worked fine - the recording was successful and no funny business with the volume, Looking good!