Automatic Software Update March 2014

Philip TrottPhilip Trott Posts: 1,040Administrator admin
edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM in Announcements
New software has been made available to YouView+ Humax boxes for retail customers.

The update includes a number of changes:
  • You’ll need to enter a valid postcode when setting up your YouView box for the first time. Depending on your data preferences, the postcode can help us to improve the YouView service and to select advertisements that are most likely to interest you.
- If you’ve already completed the setup process, you won’t be asked to enter your postcode again unless you reset the box.

- If you previously didn’t enter a postcode, or if you move house, you will be able to amend the postcode via the ‘Settings’ options.
  • After entering the postcode you’ll be offered the choice to share information with YouView’s content partners. More information on how this data is used can be found in YouView’s Data Promise.
 - You’ll also be able to opt in or out of sharing this information with content partners by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘Your Info and Legal’.

The update also addresses certain circumstances where a scheduled recording would not complete correctly.

You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘System Information’ > ‘Software Versions’.

For those boxes that have already received the update you will see the following:

Manufacturer Software: 18.3.0
Component Software: 2.5.6
Platform configuration: 1017
ISP Configuration: (varies by ISP)

If your box displays different software versions, please be patient as this is a phased rollout and at this time, is only available on YouView+ Humax boxes purchased at retail.

We have also set up a discussion thread for members to leave their feedback on.

Comments

• SanjSanj Posts: 1,644Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 March 2017, 10:36AM
    ***Update***

This release has been updated to 3.0.9 to prepare the YouView App for upcoming features, there should be no change to the current app experience.

In some instances it may take up to 24 hours for the app to go live on the store.
  • Bob NorrisBob Norris Posts: 2Member
    edited 29 April 2014, 5:48PM
    What a waste of time -when I press the TV guide on my remote - I WANT TV GUIDE - with the new update I then have to select tv guide again - WHY not leave well alone - have the SKY boffins never heard the saying 'if it aint broke dont fix it'
  • Lyam NealLyam Neal Posts: 11Member
    edited 8 January 2016, 6:53PM
    Hi
    Will there be any new on demand players and new features coming to the youview box?