Partially watched recordings being changed from "PART WATCHED" to "WATCHED"

NickNick Posts: 594Member
edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM in Archived Posts

There is a particular annoying bug in the Retail Humax box code at the moment that sometimes changes a "PART WATCHED" recording into a "WATCHED" recording even when you've only watched a part of it.

This then forces you to scan through the damn recording from the start to try and find where you left it.  It seems to happen when you've part watched a recording and then placed the YouView box on standby overnight - it doesn't happen every night though so could it be associated with an overnight task that the YouView box does once every couple of nights?

In the grand scheme of YouView bugs and features I know it's a minor one but it would be great if the box works for even this basic functionality.

SYSTEM INFO:
TV Make/Model:  Samsung LE40A656A1F
TV Connection:  HDMI (Samsung Anynet+/HDMI-CEC =  Off)
Device Information:  Humax DTRT1000
Software Updated:  25 Mar 2014
Manufacturer Software:  18.3.0
Component software:  2.5.6
Platform configuration: 1017
ISP configuration:  5
Eco-Mode:   Low
On demand packages:  None
Broadband supplier:  Sky
Transmitting station:  Idle Transmitter
TV Signal Quality: Channel 001 (strength 66% quaiity 100%)

Comments

• Lbear1Lbear1 Posts: 741Member
    edited 16 April 2014, 2:29PM

Over the past couple of days I have had some peculiar problems with playback from the buffer. Sometimes it goes to the very start of the buffer when you press the skip back. Sometimes it refuses to access the buffer recording but throws up the timeline bar which you cannot get rid of apart from changing channels. The timeline does not scroll back and when you try to skip back or rewind again, the buffer is empty. I wonder if this is connected with your problem as it has only occurred since the April update to 18.3.0

I've not yet done a reset but hopefully this should correct things, if not I'll get back.

(Front button reset seems to have cleared the problem.)
  • NickNick Posts: 594Member
    edited 9 March 2015, 6:43AM
    This problem is still happening... Has anyone else had this issue with watching recordings?
  • LebowskiLebowski Posts: 59Member
    edited 4 October 2014, 4:41PM
    Nick4 said:

This problem is still happening... Has anyone else had this issue with watching recordings?

happens quite often to me too. Notice it if stop prog for cuppa break too. So don't need to have put box in standby. Agree it's slightly annoying
    There has been no system update or OTA fix done for this annoying bug yet so can YouView please quickly fix it as it is really starting to grate now.  Considering how much we were charged for a Retail box I'd expect and demand better and more stable software than this.

For the record I've tried powering off/on the box and the problem still occurs.
  • edited 8 January 2015, 3:55PM
    Nick4 said:

There has been no system update or OTA fix done for this annoying bug yet so can YouView please quickly fix it as it is really starting to grate now.  Considering how much we were charged for a Retail box I'd expect and demand better and more stable software than this.

Come on Nick, is this really important?
    Where would you put this in your league of requests?
    Actually on reflection I think you should start your own "Consolidated list..." !

Nick4 said:

It's just one of the many, many faults with the boxes... Can't see why all my previous Freeview PVRs never had anything like this on such a basic level but the YV box does.  I updated the thread on this one because it's the sort of annoying bug that should have been squashed during basic beta test and annoys the hell out of me when I am watching a recording, have to go to bed and then have to fast forward back to the place where we left it...

I'm getting sick of having to put up with basic coding errors on this system where it seems pretty obvious that they just perform the most basic of testing before releasing the code.  Hope I'm wrong but the results speak for themselves.
    Nick4 said:

OK but what about a consolidated list?
    I'm serious.

• KeithKeith Posts: 2,424Member, Champion mod
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    I've added this to the consolidated list of bugs and faults, it is item 31 :)
    Keith1 said:

Thanks Keith :)
    Keith1 said:

I still feel Nick should curate his own personal list of issues in one place.
    It would save him having to deal with a lot of monthly updates spread across the forum.
    It might also highlight these observations about how YouView is progressing from his point of view.
    And it would enable others to easily "like" or "me-too" these in one hit.

• c cc c Posts: 413Member
    edited 9 July 2014, 11:05PM
    Keith1 said:

Up to Nick what he wants to post and when.

Personally I agree with Nick - the PVR side of YouView was launched with too many easily-identifiable bugs, and too few have been fixed since launch. It's like instead of asking themselves "Is this satisfactory?" they asked themselves "Can we get by with this?" No one seems to have taken any pride in that side of things.. Retail purchasers have been let down badly, IMO.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,818Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Keith1 said:

The man who pays the piper calls the tune - and retail users who thought their £250 up front was paying the piper have found that it wouldn't even keep him in reeds, compared to the largesse from the ISPs whose tune we must all now dance to, even YouView themselves.

Roll on Freeview Connect to return us to the path of Project Canvas righteousness, rather than the betrayal of its ideals from which we find ourselves suffering under the yoke :-)
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
    edited 6 March 2017, 9:48PM
    Just been trying to watch my recording of "The Butterfly Effect" and stopping it to watch my mates on the Great North Run this morning and EVERY time I've stopped it (because the BBC pads the program before the start) the damn recording is set as WATCHED and resets the resume point back to the beginning - every... damn... time...

Considering that you have not released any retail update since 25th March 2014 (been busy with holidays and IT development shows/shebangs I guess) can you *please* at least fix this basic fault.

It is a basic requirement of any video playback system that it remembers where a user has left a viewing so that they can go back to it later.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,818Member ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2016, 7:39AM
    Nick4 said:

Just been trying to watch my recording of "The Butterfly Effect" and stopping it to watch my mates on the Great North Run this morning and EVERY time I've stopped it (because the BBC pads the program before the start) the damn recording is set as WATCHED and resets the resume point back to the beginning - every... damn... time...

Considering that you have not released any retail update since 25th March 2014 (been busy with holidays and IT development shows/shebangs I guess) can you *please* at least fix this basic fault.

It is a basic requirement of any video playback system that it remembers where a user has left a viewing so that they can go back to it later.

It's odd that mine behaves perfectly in this area, though. Retail DTR-T1000, fully patched.
    Does HDMI stand for Hardly Dare Mention It?
    Nick4 said:

I can't explain it Roy. I don't know if its to do with mine being on a different standby mode, TV transmitter, hard drive errors, whatever. It seemed intermittent but this morning its been doing it all the time on this recording.