BT Sport

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 13,832Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2017, 7:42AM
    Visionman said:

OK major problem...
    I went to record the German Super Cup featuring Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich this morning, only upon now accessing it, the recording starts with the game 20 mins in, which is 35 mins later than it should have. Err, hello?

My god, the people next door had a noisy party last night :-(
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • joneshjonesh Posts: 1,158Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2017, 11:32AM
    Visionman said:

OK major problem...
    I went to record the German Super Cup featuring Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich this morning, only upon now accessing it, the recording starts with the game 20 mins in, which is 35 mins later than it should have. Err, hello?

Were they watching BT sport?
  • David8David8 Posts: 641Member ✭✭
    edited 6 August 2017, 2:50PM
    Visionman said:

OK major problem...

Yeah but only 20 mins in
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,782Member ✭✭✭
    edited 6 August 2017, 2:51PM
    Visionman said:

OK major problem...

LOL.
    edited 20 August 2017, 5:35PM
    I didn't know BT had dropped the European Football Show.
    http://www.football365.com/news/on-bt-sports-european-football-show-and-a-stupid-decision

"Let’s get this right from the start: This is fantastic television that entertains, educates, informs and treats its viewers as sentient beings and as such is the absolute jewel in the BT Sport crown. To watch it is to feel like you are amongst your cleverest, funniest friends. It is warm, it is comforting and those of us who love it look forward to it every week."
    What a sad and bizarre decision, as it was the best football magazine show on television and streets ahead of the rest.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 231Member ✭✭
    edited 20 August 2017, 9:32PM
    I'm for now still getting the full BT Sports package for free on the Entertainment Max package including the HD visions of BT Sport.

Darren
    edited 22 August 2017, 1:49AM
    There appears to be a lot of confusion over the Sky Sports Mix channel on BT TV.

On BT TV, Sky Sports Mix is there for broadcasting Premier League games only if they are not being shown on the Sky Sports Main Event channel (in the event Main Event is showcasing another sport). That is its only purpose and there will be no other sport shown on it.
    Sky control the all the content BT may or may not show with a rod of iron and that includes its broadcast format.
    The only thing BT may dictate to Sky is that they are not allowed to advertise Sky Sports on it. Thats an OFCOM dictate (ditto for BT Sport adverts on Sky Sports channels). But they are allowed to show adverts for Sky Q and Sky broadband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited 22 August 2017, 10:50PM
    Darren, everyone on Entertainment Max gets BT Sport for Free, including the HD variant if you have signed up for HD. Keep an eye on your bill though as some people on the BT Forums are complaining about being charged, only to have it confirmed when queried that it is definitely Free.

Visionman, it's not the Sky Sports Mix channel on BT TV but rather Sky Sports Extra, not to be confused with Sky's own online channel called Xtra, and I can't see where the confusion is as it has always been stated as only being there to cover overspill EPL football. I can't see it being used much unless Sky were to cover something like some of the F1 on Main Event whereby Extra would come into use for the football.
    B)
    edited 23 August 2017, 12:50AM
    My apologies, a slip to be sure. Have a like.
    edited 23 August 2017, 12:50AM
    You are being very generous to a newbie. Have a Like in return.
    B)
    edited 14 September 2017, 8:47PM
    Houston we have a problem. Arsenal v Cologne is supposed to be on BT Sport 2HD (and Ultra) but its showing Marseille v Konyaspor. The arsenal match isn't available on any channel.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,544Member ✭✭✭
    edited 14 September 2017, 8:37PM
    Visionman said:

Houston we have a problem. Arsenal v Cologne is supposed to be on BT Sport 2HD (and Ultra) but its showing Marseille v Konyaspor. The arsenal match isn't available on any channel.

Hey bud, kick off has been delayed until 9:05pm because around 20,000 Cologne fans have turned up without tickets!
    edited 14 September 2017, 8:47PM
    Visionman said:

Cheers, chiz. I thought I was going mad. :)
    On top of the above, I've just had a nightmare 20 minutes -
    First my box lost its internet connection, even though the internet connection light was on. Then my hub rebooted itself 3 times. And then my powerlines lost their throughput.
    So I decided to switch to Freeview on my TV whilst I fixed everything and the Sony YouView locked itself up on 'Preparing Recommendations' so I flippin had to reboot that as well!  Dunno what happened but something caused them all to glitch.
    edited 1 October 2017, 4:50PM
    I'm just watching the Bundesliga on BT Sport 2 and the referee has just gone to the sideline to watch a TV picture replay of a penalty decision he's just made, which proved to be incorrect. WTF?!?
    Its truly awful.
    To give a general example - Did the ball cross the line? The answer is quite simply yes or no.
    Was it a foul? - Answers on a postcard please. With most answers being Yes it was!/No it wasn't!
    edited 1 October 2017, 4:50PM
    Visionman said:

I'm just watching the Bundesliga on BT Sport 2 and the referee has just gone to the sideline to watch a TV picture replay of a penalty decision he's just made, which proved to be incorrect. WTF?!?
    Its truly awful.
    To give a general example - Did the ball cross the line? The answer is quite simply yes or no.
    Was it a foul? - Answers on a postcard please. With most answers being Yes it was!/No it wasn't!

It doesn’t matter what people think - it is what the referee, perhaps guided by the linesmen, thinks.

Was the referee voluntarily choosing to review something the TV camera had a better view of than he did, or which contradicts an impression he formed in the instant of the issue happening?

Or was he summoned there by some higher force, and made to watch the TV replay?

I.e. what is your beef with this method of apparently ensuring better refereeing decisions, just like Hawkeye at Wimbledon?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
    edited 1 October 2017, 10:34PM
    To give an example of using this in football (or soccer as the Yanks prefer to call it) -

Right now on BBC2 its showing the Saints V Dolphins FOX NFL world feed from Wembley.
    American Football, Tennis, Cricket, Rugby League and Rugby Union are all heavily video refereed and it works well. But all those sports have natural breaks in them. Football doesn't. And so is a big disruption to its flow.
    http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/bibiana-steinhaus-video-assistant-referees-var-whats-ne...
    edited 1 October 2017, 5:55PM
    Visionman said:

To give an example of using this in football (or soccer as the Yanks prefer to call it) -

Right now on BBC2 its showing the Saints V Dolphins FOX NFL world feed from Wembley.
    American Football, Tennis, Cricket, Rugby League and Rugby Union are all heavily video refereed and it works well. But all those sports have natural breaks in them. Football doesn't. And so is a big disruption to its flow.
    http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/bibiana-steinhaus-video-assistant-referees-var-whats-ne...

The Premier League might be introducing this from next season. It was trialed during the summers Confederation Cup and is now used in a few leagues worldwide. More reading here http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/what-i...
    B)
    edited 1 October 2017, 8:15PM
    Visionman said:

Yeah....
    "Far from eliminating debate around refereeing decisions, however, the new system resulted in more discussion and controversy over officiating than would be expected as normal."
    Rugby, cricket, tennis, American football, yes I get that and it works. But Football? No.
    edited 1 October 2017, 10:34PM
    Visionman said:

Um, and penalties and free kicks don’t disrupt the flow?
    edited 1 November 2017, 2:49AM
    Hi guys.
    There appears to be a lot of confusion over what the Sky Sports rebrand on BT offers, so heres the crack -
    Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Extra are only guaranteed to show Premier League football games in full as they (SKY) are (were) forced to provide it. Anything else broadcast is a crapshoot. They don't have to show EFL, or the cricket or the rugby or F1 or.... well, you get the idea. Which is a deliberate commercial tactic.
    And the Sky Sports Extra overspill channel has only been created for, and will only show, Premier League football and nothing else.
    So, basically, on the BT SKY Sports platform, Sky Sports 1 & 2 have been removed and then replaced with a crippled substitute. That'll be £36 a month please. 

For the record, TalkTalk shows the full suite of Sky Sports channels, but not in HD. Which is a commercial decision they made.
    All at 7.45pm -
    BT Sport has a major double head-to-head in the Champions League today -
    Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid 
    Napoli v Man City
    And also Liverpool v Maribor

SKY are going with 7.45pm Preston North End v Aston Villa.
    edited 8 December 2017, 9:02PM
    Premier League TV deal 2019-22 | The seven packages available 

Package A
    32 matches - Saturday 12.30pm

Package B
    32 matches - Saturday 5.30pm

Package C
    24 matches - Sunday 2pm. 8 matches - Saturday 7.45pm

Package D
    32 matches - Sunday 4.30pm

Package E
    24 matches - Monday 8pm or Friday 7.30-8pm. 8 matches - Sunday 2pm

Package F
    All 20 matches - from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme

Package G
    All 20 matches - from two midweek fixture programmes 
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/07/full-rounds-premier-league-games-shown-live-tv-first-time/ (Telegraph)

I'm sure BT would be happy to retain their current package B - 
    32 matches - Saturday 5.30pm
    And that they'd be highly motivated to also obtain package C - 
    24 matches - Sunday 2pm. 8 matches - Saturday 7.45pm
    For reasons that are twofold - it would break Skys monopoly on Sundays and the new Sat 7.45pm slot would gain a high viewership from pubs. Mind you, Sky would be just as keen to get it as well as its a cracking package. Packages F & G being the poorest.
  • alal Posts: 1,275Member ✭✭
    edited 13 December 2017, 11:19AM
    [Testing a theory]
    Heeey... How did you manage that, al?
    edited 13 December 2017, 3:45PM
    Visionman said:
    Heeey... How did you manage that, al?

[Manage what?]
    This very old thread didn't have a Topic assigned to it and so when I'd previously recently posted it didn't get promoted to page 1. But now Sarah has assigned a topic to it, when al posted it has now been appropriately bumped. 
    edited 13 December 2017, 4:41PM
    Visionman said:
    This very old thread didn't have a Topic assigned to it and so when I'd previously recently posted it didn't get promoted to page 1. But now Sarah has assigned a topic to it, when al posted it has now been appropriately bumped. 
    Ah, thanks for that.

ITYM ‘no Category’, though.

But should this ‘no Category, no bump’ issue be being reported to Vanilla as a bug, do we think?
    Visionman said:
    Thanks. But a bit DIY, don’t you think?