BT Sport

1212223242527»

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 8,782Member ✭✭✭
    I'm watching BT Sport Score on Freeview HD channel 115, signal strength 96%, quality 100. Yet every 5mins the picture's going black for 2 seconds, every 5mins. I've never seen a channel exhibit such behaviour before? Anyone else?
    edited 18 February 2018, 2:07AM
    I've set Wigan Athletic Vs Man City to record on Monday 19 Feb, 7.30 - 10pm, BBC1 HD. Its set to record in the EPG but it isn't in MyTVs list of scheduled recordings. So the question is will it record or not? And why isn't it listed in MyTV?
    Also, Saturdays FA Cup MotD was cut short by 5 mins and the switch of Football Focus to BBC 2 on Sat 17/02 at 12pm wasn't picked up at all. Thats pretty poor from the normally excellent BBC.
    I understand the Winter Olympics is on but they dropped the ball on this one.
  • scottscott Posts: 1,776Member ✭✭✭
    @Visionman which software version are you on and did you set it to record from the box or the app. I have issues with remote bookings from the app :(
    Hi scott. I'm on 29.44.10 (retail) but unfortunately thats not relevant to the above issues as they are purely a BBC problem. I don't have an app and nor am I testing an Alexa. Its only straight remote commands.

NOTE - Wigan Athletic Vs Man City has now appeared in MyTVs list of scheduled recordings. 
    Hi everyone.
    There is a series on BT Sport thats called 'BT Sport Films', which are like fanzine films, the episodes of which are often made available for free and theres a gem out there right now. Its about the concept and launch of the 1990s football series Football Italia on CH4. Its well worth a watch. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/01/football-italia-big-1990s-fun-watch-bt-sport-week/
    http://sport.bt.com/video/golazzo-the-football-italia-story-91364261396113
    Anyone watching the Champions League final?
  • dreamtimedreamtime Posts: 149Member
    Visionman said:
    Anyone watching the Champions League final?
    Yes via You Tube. Excellent pictures 4K UHD feed.
    Have you seen the viewing figures for the Champions League final? They are incredible.
    4.7m watched via BT Sport and 1.8m via digital (internet). Figures don't include SKY or Virgin.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,544Member ✭✭✭
    @Visionman Is that peak, or average? It was 4/6m on ITV alone last year, without an English club involved, so to me this year seems very disappointing by comparison.
    edited 29 May 2018, 2:37PM
    redchiz said:
    @Visionman Is that peak, or average? It was 4/6m on ITV alone last year, without an English club involved, so to me this year seems very disappointing by comparison.

2017 - BT Sport says that an average of 2.8 million TV viewers watched Real Madrid beat Juventus 4-1 last Saturday evening (why did ITV show champions league final last year when it is exclusive to BT Sports? Can you point to your source for that figure please.)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/champions-league-final-audience-lower-than-us-hvl975363

You can never compare Freeview with payed for, best comparison would be SKY's highest viewing figure for a Premiership match last season (does anyone have that).

But just as an example -

FA Cup which averaged 6.7 million viewers and peaked at 8.7 million

Two well supported English clubs on freeview, I would say the champions league figures are pretty good really for a payed for channel (and an internet side show).

Well, you can compare, I just have. :smile:
    And it was "free" after all, just not in a way that many people obviously bothered to access it.
    edited 29 May 2018, 2:41PM
    redchiz said:
    Well, you can compare, I just have. :smile:

@rechiz - where is your source for the free ITV viewing figures for last year champions league final please.
    Sorry, my bad, I meant the last year it was on ITV which was 2015. The figures are from BARB. Last year's figures were 4.3m which included FTA on Freeview.
    edited 29 May 2018, 3:05PM

Just for people that like exactness :-

BT Sport 2 only.

Peak - 4.71m (25.8%) at 21.20
    Match average - 4.33m (23.3%)

@redchiz so this year 6.5m opposed to 4.3 last year..I would say that was pretty good and better than when it was shown on a PSB free channel in 2015  (almost unheard of).

'And it was "free" after all, just not in a way that many people obviously bothered to access it.' - most programmes would be very happy to get 1.8 million viewers - not sure if SKY's most watched premier match drew that many watchers and they payed billions ;-)

• David8David8 Posts: 641Member ✭✭
    Scott why do you always read like an official press release ?
    @David8 just google the info it isn’t hard. Anybody can do it, honestly it really is easy
    edited 29 May 2018, 11:00PM
    Its a very big result not only for BT, but for IPTV in general and shows that the general public is increasingly becoming aware of it. The iPlayer, for instance, has been smashing all previous viewing records in the last 18 months. 
    I've just done an internet search but drawn a blank. If you don't mind me asking, where do those figures come from scott?
    Search for Marc Allera on twitter