BT Sport

Comments

• DanielDaniel Posts: 1,948Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 December 2018, 12:51PM
    I'm actually really happy the UFC is staying on bt sport it's meant I don't have to pay out a extra £5.99 a month to watch it. I know eleven have some football as well but I'm more than happy with the level of football bt sport provides. Can't complain at £5 a month with full access to online and app facilities. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,511Member ✭✭✭
    BT Sport announce app launch on XBOX, Samsung TVs (2015 upwards) and Apple TV (4th Gen and upwards), with 4K HDR to follow in due course...

https://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-large-screen-app-S11364334308554

• scottscott Posts: 2,002Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 February 2019, 3:17PM
    Nice to see it on Xbox as I know this has been much requested. Interesting to see Marc Allera say it will be a world first to have live sport in HDR, I thought SKY Q were getting HDR soon. So either they know something about release dates for both BT and SKY or maybe the HDR for SKY Q will not include live broadcasts only the streamed on demand stuff.
    edited 8 February 2019, 3:18PM
    Can’t edit the comment above but just re-read it and it actually says among the first so slightly different to what I thought I read first time.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,944Member ✭✭✭
    Good to see, the more the merrier. But why no Amazon Fire, Roku, or PS4 support?
    edited 8 February 2019, 2:46PM
    That should have said Fire TV of course, what happened to the edit button?

EDIT: It's back. Thanks @Louise!
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 68Administrator admin
    Hi @redchiz and @scott

We are aware of some issues with posting currently. Editing should be resolved, so please try the edit button again now. :)

Louise.
  • David8David8 Posts: 650Member ✭✭
    edited 8 February 2019, 4:12PM
    scott said:
    Nice to see it on Xbox as I know this has been much requested. Interesting to see Marc Allera say it will be a world first to have live sport in HDR, I thought SKY Q were getting HDR soon. So either they know something about release dates for both BT and SKY or maybe the HDR for SKY Q will not include live broadcasts only the streamed on demand stuff.
    I've watched numerous HDR titles from the likes of Netflix and Amazon and to be honest haven't really been blown away so far , it will be interesting to see it in live Sport.

redchiz said:
    Good to see, the more the merrier. But why no Amazon Fire, Roku, or PS4 support?

No idea on Roku or Fire. Playstations in due course, and LG TVs as well. Oh, and a nice juicy new YouView box.  B)
    Really, it's going to stay on YouView, wow!   :D
    According to the last press release about the change in CEO it was hinted that all the partners were signing up again but I am sure we will find out soon about that.
    edited 8 February 2019, 9:48PM
    <YAWN>  Of course they are. Numbers wise they blow Freeview Play out of the water.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 8 February 2019, 11:48PM
    Visionman said:
    <YAWN>  Of course they are. Numbers wise they blow Freeview Play out of the water.
    I see no clear reason why the broadcasters and Arqiva would want to continue funding YouView to any greater extent than that required to keep their players and services alive on the YouView box, at arm’s length going forward, as they do on just about every smart TV out there.

Whatever was special about YouView in the beginning in 2012 isn’t so special any more, in 2019, so I think they are going to want to see it kept alive by BT and TalkTalk, who have tangibly profited from it (or should have done, at least), and not by the rest of the current partners.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
    Politics as always. And?

The truth is that won't stop them going forward, and forward they will go.
    Around this time of year, users usually get ants in their pants about renewal, which if the truth be told is usually scott. But such dark stories never come to pass. And nor will they either.
    Visionman said:
    Politics as always. And?

The truth is that won't stop them going forward, and forward they will go.
    Around this time of year, users usually get ants in their pants about renewal, which if the truth be told is usually scott. But such dark stories never come to pass. And nor will they either.
    “Yes, I can”.

”I hear you can foretell the future, @Visionman”.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,127Member ✭✭✭

• GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 329Member
    Got the sport "free" with the broad band many moons ago. Do believe BT are losing interest in paying vast silly amounts for UCL etc  especially as Amazon and YouTube have joined the mega rich bottomless pockets Sky in the bidding gang.
    Hi Stephen, don't read too much into Amazons foray into Premier League football. They got it (the Christmas package) for virtually nothing only because Sky & BT didn't want it, because the package is that bad.

For info - for every £1 profit Sky make, BT make £2.50.
    Both the BBC and BT have renewed their FA Cup football coverage partnership for a further 4 seasons until 2024 - 2025. 

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/bbc-strikes-four-season-renewal-for-fa-cup/

The deal includes increased coverage of live games, highlights, in game clips, the red button and bbc.co.uk website coverage. The BBC retain first picks.
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    Visionman said:
    Both the BBC and BT have renewed their FA Cup football coverage partnership for a further 4 seasons until 2024 - 2025. 

https://media.sportbusiness.com/news/bbc-strikes-four-season-renewal-for-fa-cup/

The deal includes increased coverage of live games, highlights, in game clips, the red button and bbc.co.uk website coverage. The BBC retain first picks.
    Have you a link for the new BT deal?
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
    The above was a joint BBC/BT announcement. BT haven't said anything independently yet. 
    @visionman are you sure about that. Last time it was announced as a joint deal at the same time. This time there is no mention of a joint deal. It may well be the pay tv part is stand alone this time which could mean anyone could win it.
    scott said:
    @visionman are you sure about that. Last time it was announced as a joint deal at the same time. This time there is no mention of a joint deal. It may well be the pay tv part is stand alone this time which could mean anyone could win it.
    @scott, the article says:-

“The BBC has held free-to-air rights to the competition since 2014. The most recent deal, which runs from 2018-19 to 2020-2021 is part of a joint agreement alongside BT Sport.

Though the link clearly goes to a wrong place.
    edited 20 March 2019, 11:41AM
    Roy said:
    scott said:
    @scott, the article says:-

“The BBC has held free-to-air rights to the competition since 2014. The most recent deal, which runs from 2018-19 to 2020-2021 is part of a joint agreement alongside BT Sport.

Though the link clearly goes to a wrong place.

@Roy - Yes that is the old deal that was a joint deal. This is a new deal from 2021-2025.
    I am not saying BT Sport won’t have the shared rights (I have my fingers crossed they will) but I don’t see anything that is actually pointing to that yet unlike last time.
    @Visionman @Roy
    There is no mention of BT in yesterdays statement and @scott is correct to point out that the link Roy mentions doesn't go to the "wrong place" as it's about the last deal (this period up to 2020/21). This piece “The BBC has held free-to-air rights to the competition since 2014. The most recent deal, which runs from 2018-19 to 2020-2021 is part of a joint agreement alongside BT Sport.” refers to the deal signed in 2017. That's all very clear from the articles linked to.
    http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/mar/19/fa-cup-bbc-broadcast-deal-190319
    This is a link to the official announcement on the FA website.
    Like @scott I'm assuming the pay tv rights are yet to be announced possibly meaning there are others interested in them(?)
    robotman said:
    @Visionman @Roy
    There is no mention of BT in yesterdays statement and @scott is correct to point out that the link Roy mentions doesn't go to the "wrong place" as it's about the last deal (this period up to 2020/21). This piece “The BBC has held free-to-air rights to the competition since 2014. The most recent deal, which runs from 2018-19 to 2020-2021 is part of a joint agreement alongside BT Sport.” refers to the deal signed in 2017. That's all very clear from the articles linked to.
    I’ll get me coat... 
  • dreamtimedreamtime Posts: 205Member
    Yes, things do get twisted by the 'regulars' on here. Not sure why.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,127Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 March 2019, 7:59PM
    dreamtime said:
    Yes, things do get twisted by the 'regulars' on here. Not sure why.

So you're suggesting that Roy has twisted things. 
    That's outrageous and quite inexcusable. 
    And shows how totally clueless you are about Roy's integrity and how extremely rare it is for him to not fully understand an issue such as this.
    You really are doing a great job of alienating everyone in this forum. 
    I've followed this forum for a loooong time before joining up. From months of reading posts on here I'd say @Roy is the one regular who stands head and shoulders above the rest for his impartiality and helpful insights/musings on all things Youview  :)
    Some of his compadres are seemingly stuck in a one track love in with the platform and try to shout down and harangue any dissenters.
    Just my pennies worth mind  ;)